T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
May 10, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #451 of 2,595
I'll post some impressions after some more extensive listening, as I just got mine, but these sound lovely on first listen. Definitely do not have the dryness that one might use to describe BAs.

May 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #452 of 2,595
A little finding, although the black ipod cable is highly microphonic it sounds better than the red to me.

It is a different design, red cable doesnt have the fab shoelace part. Shame the ipod control is there.

Black cable is more coherent to me, a little tamer.

May 10, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #455 of 2,595
Sinth - will definitely have to compare the two cables now! .. let the burn-in begin!! haha

unboxing video for those who want to see a little hands on.

Great pictures and video, mate!

May 10, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #456 of 2,595
At the minute I am having trouble with fit. I have large canals and have reverted back to the green large silicone tips. I am so used to just putting in my W4 within a second over the ear and now I am fiddling. Once I get myself a tip that is easy then I will be more relaxed. The last tip I found to fit really well with wear down IEMs was the large Phonak. I will have to purchase some unless some kind person has a pair and wants to donate.

With the above in mind, they are growing on me and with a perfect seal are sounding pretty decent. I am hearing things in the mids that I haven`t heard before. Great detail retrieval and imaging. I am not used to this so my brain has to learn somewhat.
Once I get over this tip business then my attentions will turn purely to the sound. I have even tried the left in the right ear but reverted back.

To sum up my early thoughts.... Engaging, very mid centric but I quite like that coming from slightly recessed W4 mids. There is a very slight harshness in the top mids but due to my tip mayhem and "just settling in" hopefully that will smooth out. Bassier than the W4 though. This is where I can hear the "Hybrid". Detail in the mids and highs and dynamic sounding bass.Yes I know that is how they are made but better bass than my BA W4 bass. Fast overall in all regions too. It is like vinyl (bass) meets CD (mids/highs).
All my listening has been the C&C BH amp with LF on which is how I listen to the W4`s. 

Anyway, you will be pretty chuffed mate imo, not perfect but I will say again, engaging.

EDIT: Just ordered some red Comply T-400 tips which should be here tomorrow. Quick measurement with my MTPC, although the end of the MTPC is tapered it does go to a max size the same as the h-200. I ordered red also, just to match the cable lol (Which I will swap over tomorrow too from the black)
the stock red foam tips are a bit too small for me too, but t500/t400 are fine.

May 10, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #457 of 2,595
I've been very happy with the sound using comply 500's so far.  Will try the other cable now for sure!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
May 11, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #459 of 2,595
Sinth, pretty much the same here, H200 is warm, midcentric and rich sounding, i was not sure about me hearing sharper upper mids was right but your observation makes me feel more confident about this now. I also find highs being bit rolled off though not too much to be a problem. Stage is narrower than my RDBv1 but stereo imaging is very good and layering is great too. My burn brain process continues with about 15 hours on... i run them with Rwak 100 unamped so must admit H200 do amazing job, soon will put T1 into equation to see how that changes sound since i like RDB with T1 amd Rwak better than with Rwak alone. T1 has magnificient ability to give better imaging stability and remove most of the stress if any, msoc gets more analogue quality to it.

one small remark, i think H200 strength in mids sometimes can also be a weakness because with acoustic materials H200 really tends to overemphasize voices at the expense of acoustic timbres in background. this is minor issue but perhaps must be noted. here i mean not detailing but timbral richness and decay timing.

May 11, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #460 of 2,595
Gintaras, spot on observations. I am getting my head around these more and looking forward to trying foam. Quite an addictive listen imo.

May 11, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #461 of 2,595
Red comply tips arrived and on. I am no pro with foam insertion but less insertion seals easily. The middle part of the iem does not touch my ear. Mids tamed nicely and bass still very present. This will be my setup for a few days. A different sound approach and will put more hours on whatever.

This is a fun hobby. This is a versitile iem it seems and my very comment about these being tip dependent still stands, very much so.
Michael Nyman - Gnossienne No1, beautifully haunting.

T400 btw is a squeeze to get on the nozzle, my calculations were wrong but at least do go on.

May 11, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #462 of 2,595
Quote:

At the minute I am having trouble with fit. I have large canals and have reverted back to the green large silicone tips. I am so used to just putting in my W4 within a second over the ear and now I am fiddling. Once I get myself a tip that is easy then I will be more relaxed. The last tip I found to fit really well with wear down IEMs was the large Phonak. I will have to purchase some unless some kind person has a pair and wants to donate.

With the above in mind, they are growing on me and with a perfect seal are sounding pretty decent. I am hearing things in the mids that I haven`t heard before. Great detail retrieval and imaging. I am not used to this so my brain has to learn somewhat.
Once I get over this tip business then my attentions will turn purely to the sound. I have even tried the left in the right ear but reverted back.

To sum up my early thoughts.... Engaging, very mid centric but I quite like that coming from slightly recessed W4 mids. There is a very slight harshness in the top mids but due to my tip mayhem and "just settling in" hopefully that will smooth out. Bassier than the W4 though. This is where I can hear the "Hybrid". Detail in the mids and highs and dynamic sounding bass.Yes I know that is how they are made but better bass than my BA W4 bass. Fast overall in all regions too. It is like vinyl (bass) meets CD (mids/highs).
All my listening has been the C&C BH amp with LF on which is how I listen to the W4`s. 

Anyway, you will be pretty chuffed mate imo, not perfect but I will say again, engaging.

EDIT: Just ordered some red Comply T-400 tips which should be here tomorrow. Quick measurement with my MTPC, although the end of the MTPC is tapered it does go to a max size the same as the h-200. I ordered red also, just to match the cable lol (Which I will swap over tomorrow too from the black)

Great impressions, I'm eager to try these myself. Normally I would think the weekend is too short, but now can't wait till Monday already lol.
Like your style of matching red tips with the red cable, I've got blue tips on my shure SE215LTD to match the blue casing too.

May 11, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #463 of 2,595
Nok18, prepare yourself in for a big surprise, i call it love at first hear :)

May 11, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #465 of 2,595
Quote:
I'm glad that I am not the only one who hear mid-spikes, which can be quite annoying at times, depending on which tips are used, foam tips seems to make it worse...

My thoughts exactly, I posted earlier saying the bass was flabby because that's what popped out at me in the first 5 minutes, but after a day of listening, I can confidently say that for me, the mids and midbass are too forward when using foam tips. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back