T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
May 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #436 of 2,595
Quote:
I think they just randomly pick a price to charge, as I just paid parcelforce £42.29 over the phone. Oh well, at least its getting delivered to me on Monday.

You must be joking! Does your box say $40 on the front? Sheesh unlucky mate, can you go and collect from your depot?

May 10, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #437 of 2,595
sorry to hear this, really poor experience, please someone tell Tpeos to use normal post, longer waiting but no hit on the wallet. Damn i was so lucky with my customs.

May 10, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #438 of 2,595
freaking iPad version, double posting removed :frowning2:

May 10, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #439 of 2,595
We were lucky in Australia, two pairs through without any problems and an extra cable in a similar sized box.

3 parcels in total.

May 10, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #440 of 2,595
H20, please stop teasing us with your fortunes, Europe is overpriced taxman paradise :frowning2:

May 10, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #441 of 2,595
H20, please stop teasing us with your fortunes, Europe is overpriced taxman paradise :frowning2:
H20 forgot to mention a rather high income and capital gains and goods and services tax internally :D (cumulatively it's high enough - the least we can have is tax free imports for value < 1k :D )

>and an extra cable in a similar sized box.

:frowning2: . I had that idea too but didn't explore it. How much was it?

May 10, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #442 of 2,595
Yes, anything under 1k here in Australia is customs free to my understanding. We were blessed from the start.

One of my cables was faulty, another was rushed to be united by my open arms.

Is that your pair I see in the photo svyr?

There is some word of an upgrade custom cable being made for H-200, T-Peos are exploring the idea, but it won't be for a while, these are still in early thought to my understanding.

May 10, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #443 of 2,595
Yes, anything under 1k here in Australia is customs free to my understanding. We were blessed from the start.

One of my cables was faulty, another was rushed to be united by my open arms.

Is that your pair I see in the photo svyr?

There is some word of an upgrade custom cable being made for H-200, T-Peos are exploring the idea, but it won't be for a while, these are still in early thought to my understanding.

mm, i bought a pair to replace my broken h100 at a slightly discounted rate.

May 10, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #444 of 2,595
Quote:

You must be joking! Does your box say $40 on the front? Sheesh unlucky mate, can you go and collect from your depot?

I think it shows $100 on the box. Unfortunately don't have time to drive down to the depot today. How do you like them since you've had more time with them?
Quote:
sorry to hear this, really poor experience, please someone tell Tpeos to use normal post, longer waiting but no hit on the wallet. Damn i was so lucky with my customs.

Thanks, it's not T-Peos fault, was just unlucky as I've had many items shipped from Japan & Hong Kong before without problems from customs.

May 10, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #445 of 2,595
Quote:

In most countries, if you're gonna get hit by a customs fee, it doesn't matter how T-PEOS ships it, as customs will decide which items deserve a fee and somewhat arbitrarily, how much it is. Again, this is hardly T-PEOS' fault. Blame your governments for their extremely strict customs.

Fortunately, the States are fairly lax compared to Europe since mine shipped on the 7th, got there on the 8th, passed through customs yesterday, and is out for delivery today! I'll take speedy shipping over slow parcel post any day.

May 10, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #447 of 2,595
Received mine this morning. Got an email saying they were shipped on the 7th and came home yesterday to a note from the post office on my door. 2 days from Korea to South Carolina is amazing. First thoughts after a couple of hours is these are a great upgrade from my previous love the GR07 BE. I can only see things improving once the dynamic gets a little burn in. I might need to get another, is the deal still available?

May 10, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #449 of 2,595
I think it shows $100 on the box. Unfortunately don't have time to drive down to the depot today. How do you like them since you've had more time with them?

At the minute I am having trouble with fit. I have large canals and have reverted back to the green large silicone tips. I am so used to just putting in my W4 within a second over the ear and now I am fiddling. Once I get myself a tip that is easy then I will be more relaxed. The last tip I found to fit really well with wear down IEMs was the large Phonak. I will have to purchase some unless some kind person has a pair and wants to donate.

With the above in mind, they are growing on me and with a perfect seal are sounding pretty decent. I am hearing things in the mids that I haven`t heard before. Great detail retrieval and imaging. I am not used to this so my brain has to learn somewhat.
Once I get over this tip business then my attentions will turn purely to the sound. I have even tried the left in the right ear but reverted back.

To sum up my early thoughts.... Engaging, very mid centric but I quite like that coming from slightly recessed W4 mids. There is a very slight harshness in the top mids but due to my tip mayhem and "just settling in" hopefully that will smooth out. Bassier than the W4 though. This is where I can hear the "Hybrid". Detail in the mids and highs and dynamic sounding bass.Yes I know that is how they are made but better bass than my BA W4 bass. Fast overall in all regions too. It is like vinyl (bass) meets CD (mids/highs).
All my listening has been the C&C BH amp with LF on which is how I listen to the W4`s. 

Anyway, you will be pretty chuffed mate imo, not perfect but I will say again, engaging.

EDIT: Just ordered some red Comply T-400 tips which should be here tomorrow. Quick measurement with my MTPC, although the end of the MTPC is tapered it does go to a max size the same as the h-200. I ordered red also, just to match the cable lol (Which I will swap over tomorrow too from the black)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back