T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Aug 12, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #2,041 of 2,595
Quote:
I haven't heard the UE900 with pinhole blocked, but UE900s are much smoother and wider, and more natural. H-200 has more impactful bass and clarity, but with harsh edges. If you are looking for more intimate and aggressive sound, H-200 is a good side step from UE900. Personally, I much preferred UE900(that's because I'm a smoothness and neutrality head). Detail and soundstage wise, UE900 is better, but H-200 has better clarity and bass impact.

Thanks for the comparison! I have a pretty good idea of how the H-200 sounds like now. Sounds like a fun complimentary sidegrade from the UE900.

(BTW, with the pinhole blocked the UE900 will sound even more neutral and details will shine through better. I suggest all UE900 owners do the mod unless they like more bass.)

Aug 12, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #2,043 of 2,595
Quote:
I read that the H-200 is the true upgrade to the UE TF10. Are the sound signatures exactly the same? Is there anything about the H-200's sound that a TF10 fan might not like?

Nah. Not the same. TF10 has slightly more recessed mids, but have much wider sound. It's also smoother and more detailed than H-200. However, it doesn't have the bass impact or clarity that H-200 has.

Aug 12, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #2,045 of 2,595
Quote:
I read that the H-200 is the true upgrade to the UE TF10. Are the sound signatures exactly the same? Is there anything about the H-200's sound that a TF10 fan might not like?

I think the biggest drawback would be the smaller soundstage of the H-200

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #2,046 of 2,595
Would really like to see a comparison with UE900 with pinhole blocked. The H-200 has been on my radar for quite a while now, just wondering how different is it from my UE900.

Thanks!

UE 900 added to the list. Right now I have RE-400, SuperDarts, PFE232, and UE 900. Anything else?

I'm not sure yet whether or not I'll cover the pinhole. Don't have a pin to do it with at the moment.

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #2,047 of 2,595
Published my review of the H200 here on Head-Fi. Here's a quick sum up.

"The T-PEOS H200 is available from some online retailers and from the company’s own website for about $250. It’s one of the better earphones I’ve heard and certainly worthy of its price tag. Its presentation is quite good and its resolving ability is on the level with the best IEMs I’ve heard. While I think there are a couple of flaws, they fail to bring the H200 down enough for me to say they’re not worth their asking price.

So, has the promise of a hybrid IEM been realized? Yes and no. The bass is more satisfying to me than the low end I’ve heard on any balanced armature based IEM thus far and it offers an intricately detailed soundscape that, while a bit smaller in size than some IEMs like the Triple.Fi 10, still has the ability to shine like the best earphones I’ve heard at any price. Though there are some hurdles left to be cleared, namely in the area of coherency rather than overall detail, T-PEOS is on the right track with the H200 and makes a strong case for the value of the hybrid IEM, a Jack-of-All-Trades that’s mere steps away from being the master of many."

Aug 16, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #2,048 of 2,595
Still waiting, Swimsonny
popcorn.gif

Aug 17, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #2,049 of 2,595

the drawback on H200 is less separation and black space, more flat stage and too polite bass, trebles are slightly metallic and sometimes feel overeextended, low bass has solid quantity but lacks a bit quality, mid bass ramble bit washy... despite all this H200 is very capable and i am comparing this to the best. H200 will put many famed IEMs like TF10 to shame and H200 will please any serious audiophile who values musicality and liveliness of the musical presentation, detail levels will pleasantly surprise you too. For the asking price you will be hard pressed to find any better.

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #2,050 of 2,595

Agreed, if T-Peos could just add more width and give H-200's left/right channels room to breath it would've helped a lot. Vocals and centre channel can also override left/right when songs get moving, for example guitars strumming on side channels get drowned out slightly. Extra width would of helped them not be so hidden.

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #2,051 of 2,595
Just out of curiosity, who tunes T-PEOS iems? I know that they will have a team of scientists(or technicians), but I feel like it'd be much better to get some head-fiers to help them with tuning. If they tuned the H-200 without the peak, it would literally be the best universal iem under $500.

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #2,052 of 2,595
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, who tunes T-PEOS iems? I know that they will have a team of scientists(or technicians), but I feel like it'd be much better to get some head-fiers to help them with tuning. If they tuned the H-200 without the peak, it would literally be the best universal iem under $500.

Good point. Could probably shoot that idea to their CS Rep?

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #2,053 of 2,595
Quote:

Good point. Could probably shoot that idea to their CS Rep?

I've been thinking about that. But I think T-PEOS is aware of that. Considering that T-PEOS have sent out review samples to head-fiers, it's kind of obvious that T-PEOS is aware that head-fiers can help them. I think they are a bit hesitant in doing that. But if there are head-fiers interested in helping T-PEOS tune, I can shoot them an email in Korean to their CS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back