T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread
Nov 6, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #376 of 1,259
I remember FlySweep mentioning his phone added a touch of mid-bass warmth. I definitely prefer them with +2 Mach3Bass it gives an impression of a solid foundation downstairs into the lower mids, as with the Clip+ I required +2 bass, that alone is forming body to the signature. I can grasp what you're hearing bare the off timbre, it leans more towards a sheen or metallic lacing like TF10 over something natural like GR07.

Nov 6, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #377 of 1,259
Quote:
I remember FlySweep mentioning his phone added a touch of mid-bass warmth. I definitely prefer them with +2 Mach3Bass it gives an impression of a solid foundation downstairs into the lower mids, as with the Clip+ I required +2 bass, that alone is forming body to the signature. I can grasp what you're hearing bare the off timbre, it leans more towards a sheen or metallic lacing like TF10 over something natural like GR07.

I can see that improving the sound by a good margin.

Nov 6, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #378 of 1,259
I finally checked out the B-100 that was included with my H-100 order ((single BA IEM that was included for free).  I've spent about an hour with it and the B-100 is surprisingly good & usable.  Sure, it looks a little cheap with the white housing and tacky colored ring.. but the sound quality more than makes up for it.  It's signature is smooth, slightly warm but mostly neutral.. listening to it was very pleasing & inviting to my ears.  I was reminded of the A161p & Fischer Audio Tandem signatures.

Bass is smooth & gently enhanced with no specific region getting a prominent boost.. it sticks to a mostly linear profile.  Bassheads need not apply. No midbass hump, no sharp roll off in the sub bass.  Just a gentle lift to give the sound a delicate sense of warmth & richness.  Mids are clean, airy, neutral (with a pinch of warmth & forwardness), and possessing a slightly dry tone.. timbre, detail, imaging, & dynamic range is good.  Treble is, again, smooth & detailed.  Fatigue is a non-issue.. but it isn't sleepy or too laid back either.. it's presence is balanced very well with the bass and treble.  Just the right sparkle and air here.. but it's well controlled and accurate.  The B-100 seems to have a wider soundstage than the A161p (depth is probably the same).  It's really well proportioned and doesn't feel constrained or stuffy.  The tuning sounds impressively even and cohesive.  It's not going to be the last word in transparency, detail, or black background.. but considering it was included as a free item.. it's impressively competent.

I have the B-100 here, they sound pretty decent for a 'gift', fairly clean, sort of below my standards though in SQ :p , the housings are little... funky? I gave them to my mother and she hasn't used them yet, they have a similar cable to H-100. It's strange, my first package had a soft case for B-100 the second didn't, and there's what appears a chin slider included loose in the packaging? which wasn't attached? How the dingo's are we meant to put the unattached chin slider on?? lol

Nov 6, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #379 of 1,259
I can see that improving the sound by a good margin.

Oh and eke just quickly...... We need to make something clear for the members.

You hated TF10, because of the metallic lacing as I understand. Yet people love them.

You disliked Yamaha EPH-100 for the off treble. Yet people love them.

Can you see the pattern forming? I just think although what you're hearing with H-100 is truth to you this should be put into proportion.

Apart from that everything completely cool dude.

Nov 6, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #381 of 1,259
Does the H-100 have some low mids suck out or even a small recession ala CKM500 and the JVC micro HD?
I think Eke has pointed that out, but I'm wondering if anybody else think this area is a bit of an issue.

I like the gr07, tfp and the eph-100 in spite of their treble qualities, but a low mid suck-out is a deal killer for me. Every listener has areas they can most compromise with, some are more sensitive to the treble, some more to the mids.

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #382 of 1,259
Does the H-100 have some low mids suck out or even a small recession ala CKM500 and the JVC micro HD?
I think Eke has pointed that out, but I'm wondering if anybody else think this area is a bit of an issue.

I like the gr07, tfp and the eph-100 in spite of their treble qualities, but a low mid suck-out is a deal killer for me. Every listener has areas they can most compromise with, some are more sensitive to the treble, some more to the mids.

'Kind of'..... I don't hear any recession in mids,' but there's a light section in lower mids (especially shows with vocals and acoustic instruments) which comes across with less attack. It doesn't sound sucked out to me rather than lighter note presentation. Imagine a mans cough compared to a women's. There's less chest involved, I couldn't see them doing Opera singers to perfection. It makes the signature sound smooth and airy.

I am of course in the positive for H-100 it would be best if some others can chime in for you.....

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #383 of 1,259
Quote:
Oh and eke just quickly...... We need to make something clear for the members.
You hated TF10, because of the metallic lacing as I understand. Yet people love them.
You disliked Yamaha EPH-100 for the off treble. Yet people love them.
Can you see the pattern forming? I just think although what you're hearing with H-100 is truth to you this should be put into proportion.
Apart from that everything completely cool dude.

A lot of people like Apple earbuds and beats. What people like has nothing to due with high fidelity sound reproduction. 

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #384 of 1,259
Quote:

Swim, these need at least 50 hrs burn in so an overnight burning period probably didn't do much as you stated.  I noticed the most difference in these between 40 and 60 hrs of burning in.

These are first impressions or un burned impressions. Just how i am feeling so far, nothing for you to worry about. That being said i am now on 40 hours and my opinion is the same. Treble has tames a bit but is still strident and thin but great detail, i really am loving the bass but Ekes statements on the mids are identical to how i feel!

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #385 of 1,259
These are first impressions or un burned impressions. Just how i am feeling so far, nothing for you to worry about. That being said i am now on 40 hours and my opinion is the same. Treble has tames a bit but is still strident and thin but great detail, i really am loving the bass but Ekes statements on the mids are identical to how i feel!

Swim, try changing tips, to something with a smaller bore. like Hyrbid, Turbine or GR07 similar. I disliked the sound entirely with the stock tips, the bore is huge.

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #386 of 1,259
lol. i have a bad feeling i just got used to the lower mids dip, and they still might sound horrible if I go back to mid centric IEMs with a 1-3khz bump for a while :D

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #388 of 1,259
It seems to funnel the sound, concentrates it. Should warm up the low end a touch while balancing out the high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back