T-Peos Appreciation and Discussion Thread (updated with new Altone Series)
Jun 18, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #32 of 127
I haven't used H-100, but can say some about differences between H-100J and B&W:
-H-100J has a little more bass rumble and more punch, the treble is also boosted comparing to B&W => V-shape sound.
-B&W has less bass punch (but still high in quantity) and bass affect to mid, treble is more recessed => Warm and smooth sound.
-H-100J make much pressure to ear comparing to B&W, and sound-stage is smaller than B&W.  

I recommended the H-100J for my friend due to the warm-smooth sound in Clies OS' review. At last when we received that IEM, it's turned out not like that and my friend did not like the pressure caused by H-100J and its small sound-stage.

I realized that if you want to use T-peos products, you have to be familiar with its punchy bass.

Jun 18, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #35 of 127
Well that's surprising. I thought h-100j uses a mid-centric BA? (I think I have read that on Clieos' review)

I did not find H-100J mid-centric BA but rather how Tarnum mentioned it.  And it is a dual hybrid just like the H-100 and B&W.

Why is the h-100j's not in the t-peos' website?

As far as I know, the H-100J has been discontinued but you can still get it through individual dealers that have remaining in stock.

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #39 of 127
So, H-100 Mk2...

I remembered back in the days when T-PEOS released H-100, there were quite a lot of haters, and as far as I could remember, H20 and myself were the 2 HF-ers who really liked it, and back then, hybrids were something new, and different, and these guys were amongst the first manufacturers of hybrid IEM's, alongside Atomic Floyd...

That was mid-2012...

Fast forward 2 years later, when hybrids are popular, and almost everyone bar a few make them, and this mk2 release is supposed to be the same IEM, but different body, and cheaper. Mind you between now and then, I have listened to, reviewed, and owned many sets, hybrids being the bulk of them.

The question now is, do I like H-100 Mk2?

Unfortunately...NO
(WARNING: my impression is mine only and does not reflect anyone else' within HF community)

They don't even sound alike...

I still have the original H-100 with me, yes, I still have it, which is good in this case as I spent some time A/B -ing the Mk1 vs Mk2.

BASS - Mk1 is thicker, fuller, bigger impact, and good textures. In fact, Mk1's bass is the best thing about Mk1. Mk2's however, is all over the place, light, veiled, and congested most of the times.

MIDRANGE - pretty much the same, details are good, but the famous T-PEOS' upper mid spike is pretty much present here, as well as veiled.

TREBLE - again, just like the bass, Mk1 pretty much has the upper hand, they both are spikey and sibilant, but at least Mk1's has a lot of energy, whereas Mk2 is recessed, and lifeless.

Now I'm not sure if the different is sound is resulted from the different body between the 2, Mk1 is much better build, the earpiece feels solid, whereas Mk2 is smaller and much narrower.

Within all those bad points however, EDM is still pretty much enjoyable with Mk2.

Now before you all go bashing me because of this, remember that reviews and impressions are relative, and this is simply my honest one, T-PEOS have had much success with H-200 and H-300, so I think this is just a tiny bit blip in their radar

Thank you for reading

beerchug.gif

Jul 1, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #40 of 127
I didnt saw this thread and posted a new topic here with my reviews; http://www.head-fi.org/t/725099/t-peos-h-100-ii-review-and-impressions#post_10674827

I can copy here if anyone wants.

Jul 1, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #41 of 127
My review for the H-100 II went live today...  They actually don't sound so bassy or v-shaped to my ears still...  A few notes, build is pretty good, and for the price, it's ample (though I still feel the cable could be improved).  Driver flex was an issue for me with these like the H-200.  Regardless, at the 60 dollar price range, these provide stellar performance.  Comparisons will come soon. 

Quote: http://www.ifans.com/forums/threads/t-peos-h-100-ii.410641/
 The sound that T-Peos gives the updated H-100 II is much thinner than their previous flagship (the H-200). For the most part, it sounds quite linear and reminds me of an Etymotic with better sub-bass texturing and presence. The dynamic driver has been tuned nicely while BA has been improved greatly, even from the H-200.

t-peos-h-100-ii-png.68078

Starting at the low end, we find that the bass has excellent depth and texturing. It’s very subtle down here and can generate a euphoric sound when it needs to. The impacts hit hard and fast with excellent speed and precision. However, I should note that the body and presence can seem missing at times… The bass on these is more on the accurate side of things, but offer great quality. Those looking for great quantity may not be satisfied however.

The midrange of the H-100 II veers towards the aggressive side of things with a thinner, more direct sound to it. The midrange can be a bit thin, however, if you give it a good recording, you’ll get your thickness that people seek. Detailing is good overall while clarity up top is extremely strong without being overdone. Vocals offer great energy and dynamics up top, however, the vocals lack depth and warmth unfortunately.

As we go to the treble, we do find that they do seem more laid back at the upper treble. The lower treble has a strong, authoritative smack and snap to it that offers strong extension, detailing, and presence. The upper treble seems a little more laid back with its softness. It offers good detailing, but definitely can be improved in this regard. Splashes are strong when not overshadowed. Overall, I do prefer the H-100 II’s treble to the H-200’s.

Jul 5, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #42 of 127
http://www.head-fi.org/t/725657/review-t-peos-h-100-ii-fun-forward-mids-with-terrific-bass

my H-100 II review

Jul 6, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #43 of 127
so I had the opportunity to try the h100mk2 on the Australian tour.

I must say, I'm probably even less impressed than I was with tpeos h100 mk1 and that's really hard to do. (ok the one good thing is that it's 1/2 the price)

Not sure if we have a different unit - the cable is different - no neck clinch and the cable is flat

setup: no eq, comply tips, clip+ as the source

bass: a bit mid-bass vs sub-bass, don't think there's much sub-bass there compared to say H300. Impact and amount not quite there but I heard worse. The bass quality is not particularly solid. Whether it's hip hop, DNB or metal these sound absolutely horrible in the lows department to me.

Mids:there's something wrong there - there seem to be at least 1 peak (upper mids?) and 2 dips. The peak seems to cause vocal hashness and I wouldn't be surprised if there's free distortion to throw in there as well . The tonality is overall very odd - either sounds harsh, or tiny or otherwise bad...

highs:peak around 7k with definitely harshness and the extension is somewhat questionable past the peak.

overall: the coherency is not great and the tonality is horrible. I can't seem to wear them for over 30m without a burning type fatigue sensation in my ears either.
Not sure I can say anything positive at all about these, and I hope no one is going to buy a pair given T-PEOS altone200 is 1.5x the cost or KC06 or KC06A at around the same price.
or just buy a used DN1k. just not h100mk2 :D

Jul 6, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #44 of 127
I seem to be the only person with a good experience of the H100 II. I personally really liked them. But as you say mine have the round cable.

Listening to the Dunu DN-2000 atm. My Altone200 should be with me today or tomorrow.

Jul 6, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #45 of 127
I seem to be the only person with a good experience of the H100 II. I personally really liked them. But as you say mine have the round cable.

Listening to the Dunu DN-2000 atm. My Altone200 should be with me today or tomorrow.

I like my h100 ii too. Am using them right now as I'm typing this on a bus. I even got the black white version of the h100 off ebay after getting the h100 ii because they were even cheaper. That's why I'm holding back from the altone preorder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back