T-Peos Appreciation and Discussion Thread (updated with new Altone Series)
May 24, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #16 of 127
Thanks H20 for your impressions! These were officially launched in Korea just a couple hours ago. I think I will be buying one or two to give to friends as gifts. Currently, they're receiving a lot of mixed feedback here in Korea. Donno why there are so many people here saying the new logo and the earphone itself reminds them of the male's reproductive organ. Koreans can be really immature at times. Anyhow...oh no just ended up buying 6 for each member of my family.

Haha, I was showing some friends the logo and we can't really see how that's come across, makes me wonder who thought of that originally and what kind of mind they have. O_o

May 27, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #18 of 127
The H-100 II are now up for grabs in the Sponsor and announcement forum!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/720752/t-peos-announce-releasing-h-100-ii-and-pre-selling
http://www.head-fi.org/t/720747/t-peos-announce-releasing-h-100-ii-and-pre-selling

There seems to be a double post. Anyhow, the informations all there 
wink_face.gif

May 28, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #19 of 127
So now our Australian H-300 tour is basically finished (I believe one final member is just having a listen) I'm going to send the H-100 II out to a few of the same tour members as I believe the truth is in the testing. Reviews won't be a requirement only some small impressions / thoughts.  I'll probably be sending them out this week sometime. 

May 29, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #22 of 127
From the package, they have excluded that nice wooden box?

Jun 10, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #25 of 127
T-Peos' fourth two-way hybrid configuration in-ear.
They have named this model Black & White. It's not racist. I'm guessing it was named B&W because the 'micro-groove' flat cable is black on one side and white on the other.
To give a brief introduction, they are on the low end as they are currently priced the same as the H-100J. For their launching sale, they pushed down the price to $40 or something which is the cheapest price for a dual hybrid I have ever seen! They are suppose to have the fun V-shaped signature like a lot of T-Peos' products but as many of you know each has it's own taste and pros and cons. I will be posting impressions along with comparisons with the recent H-100 II released not too long ago.

Here are zome photos.

Jun 12, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #26 of 127
To my ear, T-peos B&W is a warm & smooth IEM with tons of bass. 
The bass punches very deeply and rumble. 
Mid is smooth but affected of bass high quantity.
Treble is gentle and recessed.
Sound-stage is normal, not wide as the LG GS-100. 

Cable is thick and maybe durable. Microphonics not much but still there. 

Just received it in yesterday and don't know will burning make any changes...  

Jun 13, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #27 of 127
Got my H-100 II today...  Whoever said they were V-shaped, I've got no clue where you got that from :p  These seem like a very sweet, thin, mid-range focused phone.  Bass extends well and deep with excellent texturing and tightness, however, the body is quite small (due to no mid-bass).  The midrange has an aggressive feel to it with quite a bit of sweetness (and a hint of sibilance) while the treble is actually slightly improved from the previous models (including the H-200) in terms of extension, still has a bit of smearing and edgyness to it.  Still love the the low-treble that T-Peos seems to not forget about.  It's what comes after it that drops off.  Surprisingly, the sound reminds me of something like an Etymotic or RE-400, though both are a little more refined in sound (the RE-400 is also a bit warmer and thicker in tone).  These can sound a little cold and unforgiving, so give it a good recording.  That said, these measure surprisingly linear:

Measurements of the H-200 are for comparison.  As I've noted in the past, the spikes at 90 Hz are a flaw (resonance) of my system, that spike should not be there. 

EDIT: Updates...  As you can see from the measurements above, the H-100 II measures better than the H-200, which is quite odd :p  Additionally, I do prefer this sound signature better.  The treble is losing its edgyness without losing the texture, which is a great thing.  The midrange is a little bright still...  If T-Peos could somehow combine the midrange warmth of the H-200, the bass and treble of the H-100, they might have a killer IEM! 

Jun 15, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #28 of 127
Nice impressions Tinyman!

I was hoping we'd have some more impressions from our Australian crew however, our H-100 II sample is currently MIA somewhere between Sydney and Western Australia. 
ph34r.gif

We're hoping the unit appears from walkabouts finding Its way to djvkool eventually...

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #29 of 127
  To my ear, T-peos B&W is a warm & smooth IEM with tons of bass. 
The bass punches very deeply and rumble. 
Mid is smooth but affected of bass high quantity.
Treble is gentle and recessed.
Sound-stage is normal, not wide as the LG GS-100. 

Cable is thick and maybe durable. Microphonics not much but still there. 

Just received it in yesterday and don't know will burning make any changes...  

That's very similar to what I felt!

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #30 of 127
B&W quick impressions

They have launched these hybrids targeting the general market in Korea where the trend is with pop/digital music and they have explained that their aim was to have the B&W appropriate for that trend. So to be fair, I listened to a lot of K-pop with this. Sigh...I won't diss on K-pop.

Comfort/Isolation
I actually found the fit on these a lot more comfortable in my ears compared to the H-100II. Possibly because it has a larger housing. The H-100II's small housing feels flimsy in my ears even with the right tips. The housing this time is of similar materials with aluminium and brass. They are just as light if not lighter than the H-100II. The cable is again the 'micro groove' cable and as I have mentioned before, they are not the best with microphonics but I feel they are acceptable considering its price range.

Overall sound
I felt that the overall sound is very different to the hybrid products that T-Peos is currently offering. These are not on the bright side and it feels T-Peos has focused on the lower mids and upper~mid lows on this one giving it a fuller sound. Out of the T-Peos products I have been able to try so far, after the DD-200, I consider the B&W their second basshead in-ear.

Highs
Many people have complained about the sibilance and sharpness that they felt with the H-100II but that is no longer there with the B&W. It felt weird because I was so use to the refreshing highs on the other hybrids. Although present, they are nowhere near as being clear and quite often I felt they were a bit muddy. The highs are a lot softer on the ears and I feel that non-audiophiles will be lot more accepting of it. 

Mids
If you're coming from T-Peos' other hybrids you may feel that the vocals are veiled on these. High~mid vocal range sounds recessed and the lower end is easier to hear. With all the vocal effects added in Korea's popular music with auto-tune and what not, it actually sounds better to me that way. Listening to Psy's new hit 'Hangover' it makes Snoop Dogg's voice sound deeper and gives it that 'ganji' as Koreans would say, which kind of translates to the English slang 'swag'. Mid and midbass has been increased giving those digital effects and synthesizer sounds more impact.

Bass
With the H-100II I said that the bass was appropriate with the popular music trend but I want to take that back. The B&W's bass is a lot more in quantity and the kick has more impact. Sub-bass and the rumble is easily recognizable and sometimes feels that it is overpowering. But that's usually what the general public like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back