T-PEOS Altone350 impressions and Australian review tour thread.
Apr 27, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #17 of 173
I'm so curious about these, as I loved the H300 so much. Can't compare to W40 without A/B (they broke), but from memory they should be close for half the price.

From what I'm hearing off-screen the Altone350 unit has been described as a reworked H-300, but not as bright. Rest assured they're all from the similar gene pool, H-300, Altone200, etc. Not much changes in the land of T-Peos. =)

Your best bet is to keep checking in here as the tour progress continues, a picture will be slowly painted.

Apr 28, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #19 of 173
Has anybody who've heard the unit has compared them with altone200? Along the way, I would appreciate it if somebody can compare the treble response between this and the altone200...

Apr 28, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #20 of 173
  Has anybody who've heard the unit has compared them with altone200? Along the way, I would appreciate it if somebody can compare the treble response between this and the altone200...

I believe that H20Fidelity has described their characteristics quite well! Definitely not as peaky and bright at the top :wink: 

Apr 28, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #21 of 173
I'm not on this tour, but am really curious what people think. The linked FR curves show large treble peaks, but I've heard from someone who's tried them out that they sound warm and don't sound overly bright. Sounds like a nice mix of impactful low end + enough high end to have good clarity without going overboard. I'm lined up for the NA tour but won't get the 350s for some weeks yet.

Apr 29, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #23 of 173
I'm not on this tour, but am really curious what people think. The linked FR curves show large treble peaks, but I've heard from someone who's tried them out that they sound warm and don't sound overly bright. Sounds like a nice mix of impactful low end + enough high end to have good clarity without going overboard. I'm lined up for the NA tour but won't get the 350s for some weeks yet.

Was that someone me? My impressions after only a two-day, rather rushed mini test, as posted on the T-Peos Appreciation and Discussion Thread:

"Just had the Altone 350s for a couple of days last week. Very lush, rich SQ. Bit on the warm side. Found them very natural sounding, but a touch bass-heavy for my tastes. Overall very pleasant to listen to, and totally non-fatiguing. Good instrumental separation and clarity, with dynamic, spacious feel to music.

The housing cylinder of the 350 is on the big side (fairly wide and long). I had to fiddle with them a bit to get a comfortable fit as I tended to insert them too deep, which then caused vacuum issues in my ear canals. When I had them in a good listening position, I found the housing stuck out a bit, which made the cables flap about and not stay behind my ears, even with the provided ear wraps (there's no cinch to help keep the cables tight around the ears).

Build quality is great on these. Cable seems sturdy, as are strain reliefs. Really like the long plug-in style for the cable detachment... These are really solid, and I don't imagine they'll break down easily or have connection issues."

In follow-up discussion with @nmatheis, added: "Boomy-ness depended somewhat on what I was listening with. With X3ii+O2+350, there was a definite emphasis on bass throughout low end. Thought maybe that might be the amp, so tried X3ii+350 and the bass prominence was reduced greatly (though bass was still there, just tighter). Certainly the highs were more sparkly with just the X3ii. Then tried N6+350, and the bass effect fell somewhere between the two X3ii combinations (with and without O2). Full bass, maybe more on the sub bass than with O2, and more natural from mid bass through to upper registers. With N6 instrumental separation was very good, and music felt clear and dynamic. Still, my overall impression was of richness and prominent bass. Certainly "bright" was not a word that came to mind."

Happy listening!

Apr 29, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #24 of 173
Thanks for joining the party hakushondaimao. Yes, you and EmpJ have both commented on their warmth and lack of high end harshness. Hisoundfi mentioned something similar about Altone150.

T-PEOS - Have you turned over a new leaf?

The more I hear about these new Altones, the more excited I am to tear into the 250s waiting for me at work :wink_face:

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #25 of 173
The more I hear about these new Altones, the more excited I am to tear into the 250s waiting for me at work
wink_face.gif

Look forward to hearing your views.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back