T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
Sep 8, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #826 of 1,424
What eartips do you guys think are the best with the altones? Right now i m using the stock translucent greyish tips. I am enjoying them quite a lot though and all my other IEMs somehow seem a little muddy after using the altones. Only other IEMs that I now listen to (after using the altones and loving them) are the Havi B3 pro1 for their incredible soundstage. 

Sep 8, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #827 of 1,424
I have the best luck with Complys.  Some folks love 'em, some think they cut off the top end.  Some can't get a good fit/seal.  For me, they work.  Whenever I try other tips (especially silicon), I find that after a day or two I come back to the Complys.  

Sep 10, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #831 of 1,424
Tried using Comply T-400. It could reduce the sibilance quite dramatically if you are having issues with sibilance. 
The grey stock tips are not bad too just that they don't have that sibilance reduction effect.

Sep 12, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #832 of 1,424
These are amazing....I cant get enough of them. I am using the stock ear tips they work a treat....No sibilance issues at all, while the treble extends & that subbass is amazing
not fabby, tight & fast. I love these things.

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #833 of 1,424
The stock tips were slightly too firm and large for my ears and I didn't think the smaller size would work for me. So I switched to some softer dual flange tips with a slightly smaller opening. The result was a comfortable fit, a good seal and fabulous sound.

Their clarity and rich sound planted a pleased grin on my face and I understood all the high praise others have posted about the Altone200 IEMs. Thanks H2O and others on Head-Fi for making me aware of these.

digirato

Sep 12, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #834 of 1,424
As we all know, tips are very important as eveyones ear shapes are different. Some like me will love the stock others like you digirato may need to do a bit of tip rolling to find out what best suits their needs. But, once you find your correct seal.....Sheer Bliss.

X2 about H20 & others for making us aware of these amazing IEM's.  
wink_face.gif

Sep 12, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #835 of 1,424
Complys for me on the Altones and the Dunus.  I don't care if they wear out after 3 months or so.  They work for me, and they are comfortable as well.

Sep 13, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #836 of 1,424
As we all know, tips are very important as eveyones ear shapes are different. Some like me will love the stock others like you digirato may need to do a bit of tip rolling to find out what best suits their needs. But, once you find your correct seal.....Sheer Bliss.

Amen to that! :beerchug:

I haven't got chance to try Comply T400 tips on my Altone but they don't work for me on my IM70.

Sep 13, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #837 of 1,424
Glad to know that you guys are loving the altones... Definitely one of the best buys this year!

Sep 14, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #838 of 1,424
Another day, another listening session and these altones keep sounding better and better. It seems like burn-in improvements but I can't tell if it's hardware or my perception. T-Peos did a great job designing and tuning these. Kudos to them! The sound stage, instrument separation and overall performance are absolutely exquisite.

Here's a link to the MEElectronics dual flange tips that are performing well for me. The length and opening dimensions seem to reduce the brightness of the highs just a tad vs. the light grey stock tips. I'd be interested in what others think about that.

http://www.meelec.com/product_p/tipset3-bf50m-mrg-cl.htm

Sep 15, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #839 of 1,424
I'm not sure if the altones came with them but I definitely preferred the biflange tips with the H300, Altones big brother. Smoothed out the highs while keeping bass and detail quite well.

Sep 15, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #840 of 1,424
I normally don't like comply tips, but I had some spare of the cheapest grade comply, and actually I like them with the altones. Also has made these my commute headphones of choice thanks to improved isolation that foam grants.

Pic:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back