T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
Sep 5, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #812 of 1,424
Ah, so may conflicting views on the bass response... My H300's should arrive today. I'll try to report on the difference.

Just curious, what is conflicting? The bass is amazing!  Perhaps there is a confusion due to the first batch of Altones with QC problem?

Sep 5, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #813 of 1,424
Just curious, what is conflicting? The bass is amazing!  Perhaps there is a confusion due to the first batch of Altones with QC problem?
Initially it was qc problems with the first batch. My first altone200 had no sub bass whatsoever. My second pair has awesome bass that is fast and punchy, and has a sub bass layer, but doesn't have the same sub prowess as something like the t1e. I wish it did. It doesn't take away from the altone200 because it's tuning is great, I personally think a little more elevated sub layer would make it even better.

If the these could extend on the low end as much as they do on the top end, ALL of the hype would be on these things.

Still, the bass on these are fast, aggressive, punchy, and very very good.

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #814 of 1,424
I sent back the Altones and upgraded to the H300, just received them today. 

I can't be happier. I totally agree with DMax99:

Quote:
IMO, the mids and highes are very similar with the 2 unit. The biggest difference between the 2 would probably be the bass. The bass on the H300 is BIGGER and STRONGER

Actually, I think the bass quantity should be somewhere in between the Altones and H300. H300 can be a tad too powerful. Nothing boomy or bloaty like the IE80, of course. As for mids & highs, they are similar, but perhaps highs are a tad tamed on the Altones. Though no night&day difference.

Are the H300's worth twice the price? Definitely "Yes!" for me. But Altone's are pretty amazing at their price point. I can see many people being perfectly happy with Altones, as is the case.

A minor point: While the H300's a tad larger, I find them easier to handle and place in my ears. Altones were a tad too small with no extra piece (cable socket) to hold on to. 

I think my pair was fine. At least that's what Sunggoo wrote based on my description. And honestly they had OK bass, but nothing exceptional. I wouldn't dare call it "amazing", but hey, people say ER4S has amazing bass, then who am I to judge.

Kudos to Sunggoo & T-Peos for excellent customer service.

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #816 of 1,424
I find my Altone 200 bass to be exceptional, in both quality and quantity :)  But we all have a different perception of a sound and as they say: YMMV
wink.gif

Sep 5, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #818 of 1,424
I find my Altone 200 bass to be exceptional, in both quality and quantity :)  But we all have a different perception of a sound and as they say: YMMV :wink:

Exactly. I listen to TH900's mostly, and despite their many weaknesses, they pretty much set the standard as far as bass goes. Even some select dynamic IEM's have pretty decent bass response, particularly the high end offerings from JVC and Panasonic. I don't think Altone's can compete with those, neither in bass quantity, nor quality, texture, etc. But Altone's mids and highs have superior detail and clarity IMHO.

Sep 5, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #820 of 1,424
I'm am experiencing problems now :'(... Left Channel is cutting out when I move my head :'(

That was a problem with my original Altone 200 (had to send it for replacement) where right channel was cutting out.  Try to move the wire, pull it a bit around the strain relief to see if the problem goes away.

Sep 6, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #822 of 1,424
Actually, I think the bass quantity should be somewhere in between the Altones and H300. H300 can be a tad too powerful. Nothing boomy or bloaty like the IE80, of course. As for mids & highs, they are similar, but perhaps highs are a tad tamed on the Altones. Though no night&day difference.

Are the H300's worth twice the price? Definitely "Yes!" for me. But Altone's are pretty amazing at their price point. I can see many people being perfectly happy with Altones, as is the case.

A minor point: While the H300's a tad larger, I find them easier to handle and place in my ears. Altones were a tad too small with no extra piece (cable socket) to hold on to. 

I think my pair was fine. At least that's what Sunggoo wrote based on my description. And honestly they had OK bass, but nothing exceptional. I wouldn't dare call it "amazing", but hey, people say ER4S has amazing bass, then who am I to judge.

Kudos to Sunggoo & T-Peos for excellent customer service.

Nice! But H300 does require good synergy. Using foamies can also tame the treble.

Sep 6, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #823 of 1,424
Nice! But H300 does require good synergy. Using foamies can also tame the treble.

I am starting to realize that. Something's off, or perhaps, not as I am used to. Nevertheless, H300 are extremely capable and impressive IEM's for sure. Whenever I switch to my other IEM's, they sound broken. My IE80's sound like free airline earbuds after trying these, no joke. After a while, bass doesn't feel as overpowering now. No idea if it's brain burn or actual burn-in. Very nice...

Sep 6, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #824 of 1,424
Sep 6, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #825 of 1,424
Great review twister, nice pics too!
I have only just noticed from ur pics that the Altones have a vent, does this affect sound leakage? Not too bothered about isolation as I'll be using them at work, but would like minimal leakage
smily_headphones1.gif

No sound leakage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back