T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
Aug 13, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #723 of 1,424
What I learned from this experience is to never do pre-orders again. 

We base our decisions on the views of few individuals, who have their own experiences and personal preferences. Not nearly enough.

On top of it, there are issues with hardware. Some are apparently broken, though we don't know which. I can't say for sure if mine is broken. Yeah, the bass is not enough for my tastes, but is it a defect? Who knows. Some people who exchanged report great bass, some report some difference but not a lot. Sunggoo states if they were broken, the defect would be very obvious, and people stating some difference is due to placebo effect.

Then we see pictures of this tiny IEM cut open with internals showing what might have gone wrong.

Knowing what I know now; I would have waited. Read impressions from a larger user base, and probably decide that the bass is perhaps not up to my taste and give up, or pay $20 extra and get it. This is not a cheap hobby anyways. Price difference between a decent and great volume pot is $20 for god's sake.

I think it's the same with any early adoption, yes you can get the product sooner than usual and cheaper and the hype makes it quite tempting besides, but you run the risk of defects in the first run and are effectively paying to beta test in many cases!

Just have to be aware of what you're signing up for.

Aug 15, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #726 of 1,424
hola gente !!! Soy nuevo en el foro, pero tengo muchos alta calidad em como Vsonic gr 07 y bajo, JVC FX100, tpeos 100RR, tpeos h200, 535 shure, westone 3 um3x, Vsonic VSD1, rockit r50 l lista continúa. Soy dueño de estos auriculares y escucho edm y pop para mi gusto los 200 mejores auriculares se oyen. Soy muy exigente con la calidad de agudos medios y el bajo, pero equilibrado entre agudos y graves son los mejores y Altone 200. tengo dos

Aug 15, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #728 of 1,424
  hola gente !!! Soy nuevo en el foro, pero tengo muchos alta calidad em como Vsonic gr 07 y bajo, JVC FX100, tpeos 100RR, tpeos h200, 535 shure, westone 3 um3x, Vsonic VSD1, rockit r50 l lista continúa. Soy dueño de estos auriculares y escucho edm y pop para mi gusto los 200 mejores auriculares se oyen. Soy muy exigente con la calidad de agudos medios y el bajo, pero equilibrado entre agudos y graves son los mejores y Altone 200. tengo dos

fuentes y amp: 3aniv hisoundaudio, fiio x3, sansa zip, clips, fiio e6, cabezal de la platina arrow3g, C & bk c ....... y me encanta Altone

To save anyone else having to google translate .....

Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] hello people !!! I am new to the forum, but I have many high quality em as Vsonic gr 07 and under, JVC FX100, tpeos 100RR, tpeos h200, 535 shure, westone 3 um3x, Vsonic VSD1, rockit r50 l list goes on. I own these headphones and listen to edm and pop for my taste the best 200 headphones are heard. I am very picky about the quality of mids and bass, but balanced between treble and bass are the best and I have two 200 Altone[/color]

Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] sources and amp: 3aniv hisoundaudio, fiio x3, sansa zip, clips, fiio e6, head deck arrow3g, C & bk c ....... and I love Altone[/color]

Aug 16, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #729 of 1,424
Originally had one of the defective pairs, but received the updated replacement last week - only to have another defective unit. The left earbud was completely non functional at first. Messing with the cord would occasionally make the sound come back in, but overall the left earbud was defunct. 

Extremely annoyed, as the product was shipped to the wrong address, and took an additional week to get to me. Additionally, t-peos will not send out a replacement unit until my unit has been received in Korea and inspected. 

Just wanted to voice my complaint, and let you all know that the new manufacturing still is not perfect.

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #731 of 1,424
Exchanged my first pair, since I was one of the early preorder-ers and felt there was much less bass than other IEMs I own which should have comparable bass (DN1K, EPH-100, VSD3S, etc.).

New pair arrived early this week and sounds better. More bass quantity which balances out the high end better. Still less sub-bass than I was hoping, though.

Burning in on shuffling DX90 at moderate volume to see if bass improves any further and if highs are tamed a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back