T.H.E Show Newport 2016 June 3-5
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #32 of 81
It is now confirmed that Linear Tube Audio will also be in room 208 with Vapor Audio speakers and a Resonessence Invicta Mirus DAC. If anyone wants to hear the MicroZOTL2 as a preamp or one of our power amps, come on up and check the room out after visiting our headphone-centric booth. 

May 19, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #34 of 81
This will be my 3rd Newport show and the first at the Irvine hotel. Looking forward to coming this year since I'm driving and making a week long vacation out of the trip. Counting down the days. Is there a head-fi breakfast this year or get togethers? 

May 20, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #35 of 81
Last year it was a few of us grabbing dinner and hanging out after the event was over. Usually wasn't a planned thing or I just always woke up too late for breakfast 
eek.gif

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
May 27, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #37 of 81
Darin Fong Audio will have a booth there showing our Out Of Your Head software.
Come by the Marketplace, booth M04.

We will have our show specials going and possibly even a new technology demo, fingers crossed.

We will have a huge variety of headphones including Stax SR-009, Dharma 1000, Audio Zenith PMx2, HD800, etc.

Should be fun!

May 28, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #42 of 81
  Sweet! Plan on going on sunday. Will all the exhibitors be there for the full three days?

Yes, for the most part. But some vendors will pack up on Sunday before the show officially closes. (People need to catch flights, get home before Monday, etc.)

So, on Sunday, I would recommend being there earlier in the day rather than wait until the end.

May 28, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #43 of 81
  How out of place would a high school student be? Was hoping to see how the Ether/Ether C stacked up against my cans 
smily_headphones1.gif

I worked as a vendor last year (am around my early 30's). Expect the average age to be around 40-50's, but you can be lucky and find people closer to your age, possibly at the headphones section (if it is outside again).

May 30, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #44 of 81
In addition to the big gathering of headphones and their related equipment in the Marketplace- first floor of the Hotel Irvine There is at least two rooms to absolutely visit on the Hotel's upper floor. 

Rooms 1302 and 1304 are being run by The Source AV out of Torrance, Calif. They have really embraced the headphone community during the last year. In the rooms will be Astell -Kern, Cavalli, Questyle, Wo Audio, Mr. Speakers, Enigmacoustics and lots more.

So after seeing all the new stuff in the exciting but noisy Marketplace, head up to room 1302 and 1304 to do some serious listening and get a chance to sit for a bit.

David Pritchard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back