T.H.E Show Newport 2016 June 3-5
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2016 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 81

Watagump

Twizzler King
Decided to get a thread going since I have heard through the grapevine people are planning on attending. I would like to see who is planning on going, so we can get some buzz going for Head-fi members.

http://theshownewport.com/

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #2 of 81
I'll be there and I can't wait. I have already made a list of gear and companies I need to checkout: Hifi man, woo audio, Headamp, pass labs, etc.

I also enjoy discovering some new music at audio shows like Newport.

Apr 29, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #6 of 81
  I'll be there~

Looks like they are sticking the headphones in the marketplace this year.

I never went inside the actual hotel last year. I went from the headphone area to the food truck area etc, some cars in between those 2. So I dont know where the marketplace even is, heh. 

Apr 30, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #7 of 81
Is this the list of exhibitors?  If so, it doesn't include all the exhibitors mentioned in F14Sharky's post.  In particular, I don't see Hifiman or Woo Audio.  And I was really hoping to check out the Hifiman Edition X!

http://theshownewport.com/z-exhibitors-list/

Apr 30, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #8 of 81
  Is this the list of exhibitors?  If so, it doesn't include all the exhibitors mentioned in F14Sharky's post.  In particular, I don't see Hifiman or Woo Audio.  And I was really hoping to check out the Hifiman Edition X!

http://theshownewport.com/z-exhibitors-list/

I think both were there last year, I know Hifi was for sure. I have been told the people in charge will be posting on head-fi. Not sure if they will be doing actual advertising or not, if so I use an adblock, so I wont see those.

Apr 30, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #10 of 81
Linear Tube Audio will be in the marketplace with some MicroZOTL2s, our ZMF&LTA Omni LE, and some Metrum Musette DACs, along with some headphone standards (AXPONA was fun, but our table was kind of a headphone testing table for a lot of people, more than a MicroZOTL2 listening table, which was fine) and possibly a surprise or two, but that's up to how things go in the workshop in the next month. We also may be in a room with our power amp, with the MicroZOTL2 doing preamp duty, but due to some craziness it's still up in the air. 

There really don't seem to be that many headphone-related companies exhibiting this year. I'm sure it will be a good show nonetheless - Chord is there, MrSpeakers, Cypher Labs, Audeze, Audioquest, Headamp. Manley has a booth in the headphone area; I'm excited to listen to their very interestingly designed headphone amp. 

Apr 30, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #13 of 81
Your getting a little bald on your crown other than that you look marvelous :vulcan_tone2:

The front has thinned out more than the back, as far as I know, cant see the back and I am fine with that. 
redface.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back