T.H.E. Headphonium 2014 (May 30th, 2014 ~ June 1st, 2014) @ T.H.E. Show in Newport 2014
May 2, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #16 of 214
Any word on discounts from the exhibitors? Same as our show?

May 2, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #17 of 214

There were discounts floating around last year. I wouldn't be surprised if they did them again this time as well.

May 4, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #18 of 214
Wow. Another meet this close to home? And three days worth? W00t.

Not going to make any predictions, but I genuinely want to be there. At least for Saturday.

May 6, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #19 of 214
  Enjoyed last years panel discussion. This one really caught my attention. I'll be there. 

NICE!!
This year should be even more fun!!
Glad you're comin' back!!
  Awesome! You guys can count me in!

Any word on if the new Hifimans will be available for demo?

Fantastic!!
I hear through the grapevine that the new HiFiMANs should be there, but I CANT CONFIRM that as of YET!

YAY!! I'm so happy about this as I could not make it last year. Pool party?
L3000.gif

The Atrium hotel has a very nice pool. The setting there kinda reminds me of Winter Music Conference in Miami!!!!
  sure, I'll be there - again. looking forward to mayhem spreading all over two hotels like a virus

like a virus INDEED sir!!
Well said...

might bring my boy Kevin down to the event.
He did three tours in Iraq, and LOVES to lose himself in my headphone rigs at home!
Think it would be really different and interesting for him. Plus - we can always put him to 
work as a bouncer if needed.  LMAO...

May 6, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #20 of 214
There were discounts floating around last year. I wouldn't be surprised if they did them again this time as well.

I mentioned this in my first post here (one of my "reserved" spots)

but @warrenpchi had the good line on a discount for tix to THE Show Newport.
He signed up for a membership to the LAOC Audio Society and he got a killer deal on tix!

Maybe check the website (MAN I wish they'd let me give them some input on that site - GEEZ - with the attendance they get - you'd think they'd wanna change it from,
literally, lookin' like one of the first websites ever designed!

I kid (well, not really) because I've raised this issue with Richard Beers (owns and run this show  - as well as the alternate high-end audio show in during CES!
But s____ - as long as Head-Fiers come I'm HAPPY!!

Gotta figure out what gear to bring!!!!

May 9, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #21 of 214
Hey y'all, first thing's first... check out the update to post #2.  As per tradition, we're gonna have a Head-Fiers' brunch on Saturday.  Please RSVP here in the thread so that we can make sure to save you a spot.  Even if you're not sure, RSVP anyway.  It's better to overbook than leave anyone out! 
smile.gif

@warrenpchi did something brilliant last year to pull some of the financial weight off the tickets: If you sign up as a member to the Los Angelese & Orange County Audio Society you get a discount on THE Show Newports tickets!

Whats the discount Warren? You remember??

Yup, if people join the society (membership is $40) they get free VIP admission for all three days.  Since regular 3-day admission is $40 anyway, this basically means that they get a free membership out of that deal.

YAY!! I'm so happy about this as I could not make it last year. Pool party?
L3000.gif

Yup!  There's live music there during the day, and those cabana/tent things are an excellent place to chill out. 
smile.gif

sure, I'll be there - again. looking forward to mayhem spreading all over two hotels like a virus

Exactly!  Hey, I like a the mayhem.  Had we more time, I'd be up for doing a flash mob and blow the roof off the joint. 
biggrin.gif

Yup, I'm pretty sure we'll have similar discounts.  Although, there may be a few surprises here and there. 
wink.gif
  I'm working on collecting all the info now.

Wow. Another meet this close to home? And three days worth? W00t.

Not going to make any predictions, but I genuinely want to be there. At least for Saturday.

Three days!  No excuses, lol! 
biggrin.gif

I hear through the grapevine that the new HiFiMANs should be there, but I CANT CONFIRM that as of YET!

Well, HiFiMAN is exhibiting... and Fang is gonna be there... so if the HE-560 is not there, he's gonna have some 'splainin' to do.

might bring my boy Kevin down to the event.
He did three tours in Iraq, and LOVES to lose himself in my headphone rigs at home!
Think it would be really different and interesting for him. Plus - we can always put him to 
work as a bouncer if needed.  LMAO...

Yeah, like we're gonna bring him all the way down and put him to work?  Nah man, this is fun time.  No offense to your rig bro, but there's gonna be stuff there that will blow him away.

Gotta figure out what gear to bring!!!!

How much room you got in the car? 
tongue.gif

May 10, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #24 of 214
I'll be at the show this year and will be staying at the Hilton all 3 days . I didn't make it last year but was at the 2012 Newport Beach show. Hoping they have a pair of the HE-560's on hand to listen to. I'm in the market for a new pair of headphones and maybe even a headphone amp. I just started getting back into hi-fi after being out of it for many years. Hope to meet some of you there.

May 12, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #25 of 214
  I'll be at the show this year and will be staying at the Hilton all 3 days . I didn't make it last year but was at the 2012 Newport Beach show. Hoping they have a pair of the HE-560's on hand to listen to. I'm in the market for a new pair of headphones and maybe even a headphone amp. I just started getting back into hi-fi after being out of it for many years. Hope to meet some of you there.

That's awesome! 
smile.gif
  We're glad to have ya!  I'll be there three days as well.  Unless you've got a full itinerary, come hang with us!

This is an exciting time for the hobby because - honestly - there is so much good gear available these days.  And I'm now pretty certain that there will be HE-560 units there.  So yay!

May 12, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #26 of 214
May 12, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #27 of 214
Activity Update!

Okay, so I'm an idiot. 
tongue.gif
  I mistakenly scheduled the Semi-Private Head-Fier's Brunch for the same time slot as the Headphonium Exclusive Seminar (Are Orthos/Planars the Future of High-End Headphones?).  Whoops!

In any case, problem solved.  The Semi-Private Head-Fier's Brunch is now a Semi-Private Head-Fier's Breakfast that runs from 8:30a ~ 10:00a.  Now we can have breakfast, hit T.H.E. Headphonium, and then head out to the pool for the planar panel! 
smile.gif

When y'all get a chance, please confirm your RSVP for breakfast.  Thanks!

May 12, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #28 of 214
Exhibitor Update!

HeadAmp is coming! 
smile.gif
  Good thing too, as no meet/show is truly complete without his endgame gear/rigs.  Thanks to Justin for making the trip all the way out here!

May 13, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #30 of 214
  Activity Update!

Okay, so I'm an idiot. 
tongue.gif
  I mistakenly scheduled the Semi-Private Head-Fier's Brunch for the same time slot as the Headphonium Exclusive Seminar (Are Orthos/Planars the Future of High-End Headphones?).  Whoops!

In any case, problem solved.  The Semi-Private Head-Fier's Brunch is now a Semi-Private Head-Fier's Breakfast that runs from 8:30a ~ 10:00a.  Now we can have breakfast, hit T.H.E. Headphonium, and then head out to the pool for the planar panel! 
smile.gif

When y'all get a chance, please confirm your RSVP for breakfast.  Thanks!

I'm IN
when is it again?!?!?  LOL
MAN this portrait of Richard (Beers) cracked me up last year!!
He told the artist (who did it as a favor/thank you) apparently NOT to display it somewhere where it would get alot of attention...
SO - she put it right at the front door to the Hilton!! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back