T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Jan 22, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #3,136 of 3,181
Agree with this statement. The detail is there just not rammed down your ear canal. That is why my relationship with the TC is a bit rocky at the moment as it is just so much more 'in your face' than the Sol P and Sus.
Once I got over my aversion to the SAW franchise torture device aesthetics of the TC, I did eventually get one used to find out what all the fuss was about. It was fun (for a while) but ultimately I gravitated back to (in my view) the better bass textural handling of the Sol P and Final D8K Pro and sold the Abyss.

Jan 22, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #3,137 of 3,181
Once I got over my aversion to the SAW franchise torture device aesthetics of the TC, I did eventually get one used to find out what all the fuss was about. It was fun (for a while) but ultimately I gravitated back to (in my view) the better bass textural handling of the Sol P and Final D8K Pro and sold the Abyss.
Yeah I really liked the D8K pro the few times I have auditioned it. I was looking for one at the same time as the Sol P. I might pick one up in the future.

Jan 24, 2024 at 12:20 PM Post #3,138 of 3,181
Interesting, my two main HPs, bought them because of their

better bass textural handling

quite the gear in your About... was thinking that maybe Rognir (or Caldera) would come close to bass performance of those two with a more energetic presentation, would I be right with that?

Jan 24, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #3,140 of 3,181
Interesting, my two main HPs, bought them because of their

quite the gear in your About... was thinking that maybe Rognir (or Caldera) would come close to bass performance of those two with a more energetic presentation, would I be right with that?
Yes, Rögnir has very well textured and present bass. Not quite to Final or Sol P level but very good and the Kennerton definitely has more treble energy. I found the Caldera fuller in the mids than the Final, probably even with the Sol P, but less laid back in presentation but a bit less body in bass but only in comparison to the Final and T+A.

Mar 6, 2024 at 5:05 AM Post #3,141 of 3,181
its pity that Sol P does not get more attention from the headphone world.

After few months, I moved to another place and got a great rack with a very decent wall receptacles(Cross point XP-PS HYAKUSHIKI) and upgrade.

The Sol P has improved a lot and a lot than the sr1b, I feel like the potential of Sol P actually is very very high, now the holographic presentation of Sol P is on par or close to sr1b which is a speaker like physical presentation with good and decent bass.

Playing classical with Sol P is the best heaphone I have ever heard already. I have owned Susvara, 1266 in the past, there is no headphone sound like this real, the hall reflection and details in the instruments, they are in a whole picture but not like the 1266 microscope presentation, which is very natural.

I highly recommend Sol P again for even pop genre.
IMG_1012 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 6:35 AM Post #3,142 of 3,181
its pity that Sol P does not get more attention from the headphone world.

After few months, I moved to another place and got a great rack with a very decent wall receptacles(Cross point XP-PS HYAKUSHIKI) and upgrade.

The Sol P has improved a lot and a lot than the sr1b, I feel like the potential of Sol P actually is very very high, now the holographic presentation of Sol P is on par or close to sr1b which is a speaker like physical presentation with good and decent bass.

Playing classical with Sol P is the best heaphone I have ever heard already. I have owned Susvara, 1266 in the past, there is no headphone sound like this real, the hall reflection and details in the instruments, they are in a whole picture but not like the 1266 microscope presentation, which is very natural.

I highly recommend Sol P again for even pop genre.IMG_1012 2.jpeg
Beautiful set up. Are you running them off the Riviera? I can't tell your DAC. Love hearing about other people's chains... Sol P is legit. I owned its little brother and absolutely loved it. Nice work!

Mar 6, 2024 at 7:51 AM Post #3,143 of 3,181
Beautiful set up. Are you running them off the Riviera? I can't tell your DAC. Love hearing about other people's chains... Sol P is legit. I owned its little brother and absolutely loved it. Nice work!
yes with Aic10
My dac is Wadax Arcadia

Mar 6, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #3,145 of 3,181
Sol P with Vinyl source, is something very special.
Potential of Sol P is terrific. Super “high resolution”

Nice clean setup! I wonder if that stand is available in the USA? Can you provide information on the stand (brand, dimensions, etc)? Thanks!

Mar 6, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #3,146 of 3,181
SolP is probably the most flexible headphone I have encountered in terms of matching well with a wide range of other equipment. It is unusual in that it sounds pretty good with portables like Lotoo Paw Ti or Chord Hugo 2Go, and it just improves by orders of magnitude when driven by better quality source/amp. It sounds good out of my AIC-10 Bal but better still out of my Headtrip II Level II, upgraded by Jeff Wells to the current spec with external power supply. This upgrade made a very nice improvement to the amp and took SolP to a level that I didn’t know it possessed. The performance has really quite surprised me. The only other phones I have encountered that can manage to sound good across such a broad range of devices are the Valkyria, but they are in a different price bracket altogether. SolP is perhaps underrated?

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #3,147 of 3,181
I highly recommend Sol P again for even pop genre.
I highly recommend SolP for "even" electronica. I was looking for a HP that potentially would tame down top end energy of D&B. Plays "reimagined" atmospheric type of D&B that is "reappearing lately" very enjoyable...
So much so that I really gravitated more and more to this type of sound/subgengre.

Mar 6, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #3,149 of 3,181
Mar 6, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #3,150 of 3,181
SolP is probably the most flexible headphone I have encountered in terms of matching well with a wide range of other equipment. It is unusual in that it sounds pretty good with portables like Lotoo Paw Ti or Chord Hugo 2Go, and it just improves by orders of magnitude when driven by better quality source/amp. It sounds good out of my AIC-10 Bal but better still out of my Headtrip II Level II, upgraded by Jeff Wells to the current spec with external power supply. This upgrade made a very nice improvement to the amp and took SolP to a level that I didn’t know it possessed. The performance has really quite surprised me. The only other phones I have encountered that can manage to sound good across such a broad range of devices are the Valkyria, but they are in a different price bracket altogether. SolP is perhaps underrated?
I agree that the potential of SolP is an unknown to me, while my other headphone like Sr1b, in my recent upgrade of a very goood rack and wall receptacle costing 7k USD, the improvement of sr1b is actually quite limited and which I think the sr1b might reached its highest potential already (will keep observing when upgrading the other audio equipment)

The Change of rack and wall receptacle makes the soundstage opened very very wide on SolP, bringing it to a quite surprised level, with details and nice tone colour, atmosphere become very lively and natural.

My previous rack is taoc asr2, now is Sra scuttle, I highly recommend this rack and wall receptacle is crosspoint xp flagship model

Must say that changing the headphone cable to a decent one will get better SQ which might unlock more potential of SolP

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back