T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Sep 28, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #3,062 of 3,218
I am also looking forward to hearing anyone's feedback on this. The Pioneer SEM1, Focal Utopia, Solitaire P, and now the Yamaha YH-5000SE. All halo headphones from big audio houses. I wonder where the YH-5000SE sits? It certainly went for the upper end of pricing...
I owned all of these headphones at one point in time. I still have the OG Utopia's2, but have since traded my SEM1's and Solitaire P's. I really want to hear the YH-5000SE's. I think they'll do some things better than all of these headphones making them a nice addition to my collection :smile_phones:

Sep 28, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #3,063 of 3,218
anyone compare these to Yamaha YH-5000SE?
Not a direct comparison, but from memory.
The Yamaha is very neutral and very transparent. That's good if you are looking for neutral and transparent headphones, but it didn't really move me to be honest. I personally would pick the Soli P over them any day.

Sep 30, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #3,064 of 3,218
Not a direct comparison, but from memory.
The Yamaha is very neutral and very transparent. That's good if you are looking for neutral and transparent headphones, but it didn't really move me to be honest. I personally would pick the Soli P over them any day.
I just took a look through your headphone details in your profile.

Off hand, which headphones besides the Solitaire P have moved you? The Meze Empyreans? The Elites? And what are your musical preferences?

Sep 30, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #3,065 of 3,218
I just took a look through your headphone details in your profile.

Off hand, which headphones besides the Solitaire P have moved you? The Meze Empyreans? The Elites? And what are your musical preferences?
Empyrean, Elite, Caldera and other ZMF, D8000, some older LCD... I listen to a lot of different music genres from psychedelic ambient/trance to classical. :)

Oct 2, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #3,066 of 3,218
Hi all,

I just left Canjam and tried the Solitaire P for the first time out of their HA200 headphone amp/dac and I was blown away.

It made me research them more..and I saw the SDV 3100 is the flagship...but not necessarily meant for headphone in that class. Only 4.4mm and 3.5mm (no 4-pin XLR). Not a big deal I'm sure...but just made me wonder...which is the best pairing with the Solitaire?

I tried the Solitaire P on non T+A flagship gear...but it lost the holographic realism...so definitely need something of their gear to drive these P series.

I am strictly going headphone, no speakers. And of course the HDV 3100 is much more, but if it is going to improve the Solitaire P...I'll definitely go for it.

Appreciate your insights! Thank you so much!!

Oct 2, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #3,067 of 3,218
Hi all,

I just left Canjam and tried the Solitaire P for the first time out of their HA200 headphone amp/dac and I was blown away.

It made me research them more..and I saw the SDV 3100 is the flagship...but not necessarily meant for headphone in that class. Only 4.4mm and 3.5mm (no 4-pin XLR). Not a big deal I'm sure...but just made me wonder...which is the best pairing with the Solitaire?

I tried the Solitaire P on non T+A flagship gear...but it lost the holographic realism...so definitely need something of their gear to drive these P series.

I am strictly going headphone, no speakers. And of course the HDV 3100 is much more, but if it is going to improve the Solitaire P...I'll definitely go for it.

HA200 is the best natural partner for the SolP.
HV series is for speakers, with additional (very good) options for headphones. An much much more cost intensive
But on HA200 you can set impedance, treble, bass, xfeed, etc (if required) for all 3 outputs.

Oct 2, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #3,068 of 3,218
Hi all,

The Ha200 is their only amplifier which is made for headphones. It's also the only one with Crossfeed functions and switchable impedance.

I'd appreciate it, if you were also to contact them with the message, that you'd love to see dedicated headphone gear in the HV and R Series.

The SDV 3100 HV is the current flagship all in one device (well except for the power amp section)

The PSD 3100 HV is very similar but a notch below and more affordable.

Then there will soon be the R2500 R, a complete all in one device but also not dedicated to headphones.

They all have Streaming and DAC sections integrated. The Ha200 needs some source on top.

Hard to tell which is the best without auditioning them side by side

Oct 2, 2023 at 5:16 AM Post #3,069 of 3,218
Thank you so much @ThanatosVI and @Droffen Very kind of you to reply so quickly! Really appreciate the guidance here. I will contact them as well...but I think the HA200 considering those settings options and native fit for the headphones...not to mention price! Will likely start there...unless HDV 3100 is truly something that is game changing for the Solitaire P. Thanks again!!

Oct 2, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #3,071 of 3,218
Thank you so much @ThanatosVI and @Droffen Very kind of you to reply so quickly! Really appreciate the guidance here. I will contact them as well...but I think the HA200 considering those settings options and native fit for the headphones...not to mention price! Will likely start there...unless HDV 3100 is truly something that is game changing for the Solitaire P. Thanks again!!
Good call. The HA200 will provide a very good experience already.

I run the R Series for my setup and tell them frequently to release a HA 2000 R so that it fits aesthetically to the rest 😅

I really love T+A gear, amazing quality.

Oct 2, 2023 at 5:43 AM Post #3,073 of 3,218
I can fully support this. And their customer service is world class
Also true.
And Siegfried is also a very Kind guy, very pleasant to talk to.

Oct 2, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #3,074 of 3,218
Hi all,

Hello crazyhank

I had a T+A SDV 3100 HV a couple of years back along with my Soli P's, made for a fantastic combo at the time, but last year I had the itch to try something different, and boy am I glad I did, my system (see signature) now, is for my liking several notches better, better dynamic swings, micro detail, tonality, deeper and wider soundstage soundstage and so many other Audiophile attributes that abound.

My first thought is that my Aqua Linq is a far superior signal source than what is used inside the SDV 3100 HV, and in tandem with the HA430 I suspect it provides a great deal more grunt than the headphone amp section of the T+A ...but that is not to say that the T+A SDV 3100 HV is in anyway bad, far from it, build quality is exceptional and the multitude of connectivity is second to none, actually I have often wondered how it would have sounded with the Aqua Linq in front, I suspect it would be outstanding, but my combo of Linq, La Scala and HA430 is to my ears a stunning combo at around half the price of the T+A.

Worth noting that since I had the T+A I have invested money in a great rack and some RevoPods and that for sure has influenced my brain and the presentation of my music listening, everything counts for good or for bad.

I do love my Soli P's, not going nowhere and anytime soon,

Hope this helps a little and good luck with your endeavours.

Cheers

thumbnail_IMG_3612.jpg

Good luck with your endeavours.

Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back