T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Oct 2, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #1,426 of 3,200
on an exchange rate basis the 4800 pounds is almost exactly the retail price in the USA
The price I sent is in euros. 4800 GBP is UK price, though, not EU. From EU customs point of view, US and UK are not very different.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #1,427 of 3,200
all I know is I think the sol p is criminally under represented in the talk of TOTL HP's...owning or having owned almost all of them I think the sol p is kind of like a hidden gem...very expensive though of course

Oct 2, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #1,428 of 3,200
all I know is I think the sol p is criminally under represented in the talk of TOTL HP's...owning or having owned almost all of them I think the sol p is kind of like a hidden gem...very expensive though of course
I agree.
With the pricetag it has overseas I am not surprised that it isn't that popular.
Also US dealers are sleeping hard on the Solitaires. They are kinda hard to get.

In germany, where it is comparatively cheap it is very well regarded.
Basically every hifi magazine put them on the #1 Spot in their rankings even above the Susvara.
Internationally they arw very underrepresented tho

Oct 2, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #1,429 of 3,200
as far as I am concerned they are the equal of the susvara,what makes them special for me is how good they sound straight out of my chord dave which none of the other TOTL's can do

Oct 2, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #1,430 of 3,200
there is an awful lot of rooting that goes on in these forums, people promoting the brand they purchased and feeling the need to badmouth the competition...I suppose it is human nature....I am sure I am no different for the most part except in the case of my opinions regarding TOTL HP's because I own or have owned most of the list I have no real rooting interest...in my case owning the susvara and abyss TC as well as the sol p it does me no good to promote one at the expense of the others...this to me is one of the most disappointing things here in general on head-fi...the need to almost root and promote as if it was a sports team and degrade those you do not own...

Oct 6, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #1,431 of 3,200
I'm pretty lucky there's a The Cable Company which is 40 minutes on back roads from my house that carries Solitaire P. They rent out headphones for 5% of the cost that goes towards anything you buy. You get to audition for about 2 weeks, but they don't stock that one and I got sad. Funny is that this business has been near me for ever and I never knew about them being in town I went to a lot as a teenager and young adult. Probably that name made think they where a store for electricians. I have a desire to get this headphone again.

Oct 8, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #1,432 of 3,200
there is an awful lot of rooting that goes on in these forums, people promoting the brand they purchased and feeling the need to badmouth the competition...I suppose it is human nature....I am sure I am no different for the most part except in the case of my opinions regarding TOTL HP's because I own or have owned most of the list I have no real rooting interest...in my case owning the susvara and abyss TC as well as the sol p it does me no good to promote one at the expense of the others...this to me is one of the most disappointing things here in general on head-fi...the need to almost root and promote as if it was a sports team and degrade those you do not own...
Thats why i stopped taking headfi sound impressions serious long ago. Since then my rate of wrong purchases dropped from 80% to like 10%.

Oct 8, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #1,433 of 3,200
Go to headcase.org and see how the Kevin Gilmore gang tears people apart for having an idea about something. They are like wild dogs attacking.

Oct 9, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #1,435 of 3,200
Money money money before I croak!!!

Oct 9, 2021 at 1:43 AM Post #1,437 of 3,200
Thats why i stopped taking headfi sound impressions serious long ago. Since then my rate of wrong purchases dropped from 80% to like 10%.
I enjoy reading other impressions, but don’t take them as fact. We all have different sources, cable, listening environments etc, so your own findings will likely differ.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #1,439 of 3,200
Oct 10, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #1,440 of 3,200
I enjoy reading other impressions, but don’t take them as fact. We all have different sources, cable, listening environments etc, so ones own findings will likely differ.
Even the two subsequent pieces in a recording might have different mixing, which will make them sound different on different setups. The genres vary, the tastes vary, the setups vary, our listening volumes vary, auditory system responses vary. With so many variables it is highly possible that what tickles our brain will be very different from some others'. There are no absolutes here. There are things that can be objectively analysed, like build quality, lack of big dips and spikes, resonances, distortion, etc., but that is it. As not every person likes a particular music genre, not everyone likes a particular tuning. No need to keep telling people your favourite albums in your favourite genre are the best music in the world, and quarrel with people that don't agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back