T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Feb 3, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #451 of 3,218
04042276-8FA4-4193-87A6-65140E288702.jpeg
04042276-8FA4-4193-87A6-65140E288702.jpeg
This is my setup on HA200. For those headphone like Susvara or 1266 TC, i think HA200 is enough power to fully drive.

Feb 3, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #452 of 3,218
Just bought the HA-200 and P SE got a discount don't worry. Back to the regular P the Empy is no longer needed after sometime on the P the sound has gotten even better. My warmer Reference Milo produces better subsonic frequencies over it's bigger bother the HeadTrip2 which is a neutral amp. So the bass is like what ducanh712 is proclaiming. In my case the amp. Bass is crazy good. This headphone is so good that I'm almost done selling my collection of cans. This headphone took first place in my collection the 1266 TC which I'll never get rid of is 2nd and this goes by most head time. New toy syndrome last about a day or two for me. So I'm clear of that and I come home and choose these over Abyss. Sorry Abyss. If you are on 1266 or Susvara team add this headphone and break it in.
I’m very curious about your thoughts on the HA-200. I also love my TCs and Susvaras. If the ha200 can drive both of them well, I’d strongly consider getting that amp/dac and putting it in my office room. Please let us know.

Feb 3, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #454 of 3,218
https://musicalhead.de/2020/05/06/test-ta-solitaire-p-ha200/

(translated by DeepL)

However, none of the other two test persons used for comparison masters the controlled bass play of the SOLITAIRE P on the in-house HA200 in this merciless perfection.

The HIFIMAN SUSVARA in particular obviously needs a significant increase in power to be fully convincing in the bass range. Although Dr. Fang Bian's headphones can always hold their own in terms of volume, pressure and bass, they seem somewhat less precise in direct comparison with the SOLITAIRE P.

With the HA200 (output impedance 12 ohms), the HIFIMAN is therefore driven with the handbrake slightly applied and sometimes lacks bass dynamics. Especially single impulses in the frequency range lack a bit of emphasis and an optimal edge sharpness.

The SUSVARA not only prefers a more substantial sound than the Herford ear speaker, it is also slightly warmer. Voices and instruments appear slightly more three-dimensional in the midrange and are intoned with more esprit. The T+A in particular does not necessarily turn a violin into a Stradivarius. Keyword - practicality.

The gourmet who desires a predominantly colourful realisation of his musical collection should perhaps reach for a HIFIMAN SUSVARA. Of course, this is a matter of taste.

The ABYSS struggles with similar problems when connected to the T+A HA200 (output impedance 12 ohms). Due to the slightly higher efficiency compared to the HIFIMAN, however, the AB1266 PHI TC only drops off insignificantly in the bass range compared to the SOLITAIRE P in terms of energy.

The typical dry attack of the ABYSS, especially in midbass, even gives the American headphone legend a slight advantage, depending on the musical genre. Nevertheless, even the ABYSS does not fully manage to catch up with the T+A ear speaker in the very deepest realms on the HA200.

However, the AB1266 PHI TC gives the most convincing live performance of all 3 candidates. "Standing on the surface of the microphone" - this saying by Joe Skubinski probably applies to no headphone more than to the behemoth from New York.

And although the SOLITAIRE P, just like the SUSVARA, draw magnificently structured rooms with acoustically defined boundaries, the spatial extension of an ABYSS, especially with regard to the grandiose stage base width, is not quite achieved by the first two ear loudspeakers.

In the high-frequency range, however, the HA200's rivals almost level each other out in terms of quality. The SOLITAIRE P, on the other hand, could be criticised by the gourmet for its perhaps somewhat sober presentation, which, compared to its competitors, at times gives the impression that the T+A would benefit from a tiny pinch of airiness.

However, IMO this is supposedly the only criticism of the headphones from Herford, primarily due to the acoustic marriage with the HA200.

The QUESTYLE presents a similar picture, as the "master" also controls the high frequency range of the SOLITAIRE P with an iron transistor grip. Only the RIVIERA AIC10 finally takes the T+A into new sonic spheres. But more about that in a moment.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Feb 3, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #455 of 3,218
Cool. How much power does the amp put out I’m curious if I can run my 1266 on it or will they be starved. Do you use the 80 ohm impedance setting for the Solitaire p?
Also in case anyone is interested, a few power specs of the Ha200(8 Ohm Impedance Setting)
Max. 700 mAmpere
Max. 9,9 Volt

32 Ohm: 1,960 Watt
60 Ohm: 1,270 Watt
80 Ohm: 1,010 Watt
200 Ohm: 0,45 Watt

So it works for "normal" cans, but Susvara or Abyss will likely want more.

The Solitaire P takes 750mW Max. According to T+A

Feb 3, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #456 of 3,218
sorry my wrong typing, i think HA200 is NOT suitable to drive Susvara and 1266 TC

Feb 3, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #457 of 3,218
What I am really happy about is that, I didn't give in to the bashing of Solitaire P and decided to try it myself and trust my own ears. Reviews and opinions of others, especially for such an high end product, are valid only up to a point. What matters is how much I enjoy it with my own setup and with my own music.

Feb 3, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #458 of 3,218
What I am really happy about is that, I didn't give in to the bashing of Solitaire P and decided to try it myself and trust my own ears. Reviews and opinions of others, especially for such an high end product, are valid only up to a point. What matters is how much I enjoy it with my own setup and with my own music.
For me it's the other way round. Reviews like musicalheads really sparked my interest in this headphone.
The fact that it runs on way more amps than a Susvara (and is way cheaper here in germany, with superior build quality) just sealed the deal.

I don't really understand why it doesn't get the attention it deserves on the international market.

Feb 3, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #459 of 3,218
For me it's the other way round. Reviews like musicalheads really sparked my interest in this headphone.
The fact that it runs on way more amps than a Susvara (and is way cheaper here in germany, with superior build quality) just sealed the deal.

I don't really understand why it doesn't get the attention it deserves on the international market.

For sure musicalhead's review was very valued. What I mainly meant was the negative feeling we initially had in this thread. It is good that now we have more opinions - and more on the way from you and @Ciggavelli.

Feb 3, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #460 of 3,218

Only reason for international could be that you have to find a T+A dealer. Headphones like Susvara and Abyss can easily be bought on the internet. Plus if you order a Susvara from Headphones.com you have 365 day to return it. If I buy Abyss through HeadAmp I have 30 days. The Solitaire is only getting some traction because you live close to brick and mortar. It’s still in it’s baby stages. T+A is as known here. I only learned about them from one article a year ago. I’ve been into home audio 20 years now. That my guess.

Feb 3, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #461 of 3,218
Only reason for international could be that you have to find a T+A dealer. Headphones like Susvara and Abyss can easily be bought on the internet. Plus if you order a Susvara from Headphones.com you have 365 day to return it. If I buy Abyss through HeadAmp I have 30 days. The Solitaire is only getting some traction because you live close to brick and mortar. It’s still in it’s baby stages. T+A is as known here. I only learned about them from one article a year ago. I’ve been into home audio 20 years now. That my guess.
Yeah that makes sense to me.
As well as the pricing. For you it is more expensive than a Susvara, over here a Susvara costs 50% more than the Solitaire.

T+A is pretty legendary in hifi over here, with 40 years of experience in the speaker realm, but it was only last year that they started to conquer the headphone realm.

Feb 3, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #462 of 3,218
Yeah that makes sense to me.
As well as the pricing. For you it is more expensive than a Susvara, over here a Susvara costs 50% more than the Solitaire.

T+A is pretty legendary in hifi over here, with 40 years of experience in the speaker realm, but it was only last year that they started to conquer the headphone realm.
The brands that are known by everyone in US would be product carried by are big box store Best Buy. B&W became well known. You can't find box and mortar stores anymore. I mean you can but if you want to make a nice trip out of it. With Covid not happening. There's a lot of custom builders in the US like Tekton Design. The majority of Americans are into their Ipads and newest phones coming out. You get strange looks for buying a Headphone that cost more then $300. Different mentality in US with buying high end. Typical hipsters in the US buying crazy gear. I'm sure in Germany you live under a rock if you don't know who is Sennheiser? I get strange looks when I tell them I'm into headphone audio.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #463 of 3,218
On a different note I woke early and got my coffee and am listening to the amazing sounds of Solitaire P. I gotta say they change with out 100 hrs. I can't place what changed maybe brain burn in I don't know either way I like them more now then the first couple of days. I hope the HA-200 does something cause I'm use to American muscle with my Wells Audio amps pushing out crazy amounts of power for a headphone. Think I'm between 6-8 watts on Reference Milo. The HeadTrip 2 was around 10-12 watts.

Feb 3, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #464 of 3,218
On a different note I woke early and got my coffee and am listening to the amazing sounds of Solitaire P. I gotta say they change with out 100 hrs. I can't place what changed maybe brain burn in I don't know either way I like them more now then the first couple of days. I hope the HA-200 does something cause I'm use to American muscle with my Wells Audio amps pushing out crazy amounts of power for a headphone. Think I'm between 6-8 watts on Reference Milo. The HeadTrip 2 was around 10-12 watts.

Actually there is a lot about the DAC of HA200 than just the amplifier. It is superb! Also the subtle and fine tone adjustments, all kinds of input capabilities. It is an awesome all-in-one machine. I even got the HDMI input module for most flexibility.

Feb 3, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #465 of 3,218
Actually there is a lot about the DAC of HA200 than just the amplifier. It is superb! Also the subtle and fine tone adjustments, all kinds of input capabilities. It is an awesome all-in-one machine. I even got the HDMI input module for most flexibility.
I was thinking about retiring my TT2 and use the HA-200 as my main Milo and WA33 DAC. My TT2 I added the Sbooster power supply to the TT2. I'd like to put some coin back into my wallet but I'm currently attached at the hip to the Chord DAC. I'm honestly not impressed with the low power of the HA-200 being it's so expensive. So it needs to bring something I can chew on. You German guys have you listened to the se model yet? Mine is inbound but I'm afraid they reduced the bass output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back