T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Jan 30, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #436 of 3,218
This has been my main headphone since they arrived did little back and forth between Empyrean and 1266 TC. The Solitaire P showed me how the bass on the Empyrean bleeds into the midrange. They get better everyday. I had trouble with the tuning then realized it is pushing out the stage more and sounds being far away or up front. So much depth and a big wall of sound never harsh. Joe the owner of House of Stereo and Wolf Audio said his customers are buying this over the Utopia. I guess this is first time a planar has been angled which does amazing things with image. I'll never sell the 1266 but I'm really taken by the P. So I got two first placers in my collection. Last thing the separation is awesome with 3 dimensional placement.

Jan 30, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #437 of 3,218
They get better everyday.

It improves considerably by time. Initially I did EQ a bit but I don't do it anymore. T+A recommends at least 100 hours burn in.

I had trouble with the tuning then realized it is pushing out the stage more and sounds being far away or up front. So much depth and a big wall of sound never harsh.

The depth is amazing but initially one can become picky with the recordings, as it does not compress the space to make it more acceptable. If the recording is bad, well then, it is so. That is why I called it very honest. But then you get used to this honesty and this becomes the normal.

I still use the D8000 Pro sometimes, for some recordings but Solitaire P is taking 75% of my listening time.

Jan 30, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #438 of 3,218
It improves considerably by time. Initially I did EQ a bit but I don't do it anymore. T+A recommends at least 100 hours burn in.

The depth is amazing but initially one can become picky with the recordings, as it does not compress the space to make it more acceptable. If the recording is bad, well then, it is so. That is why I called it very honest. But then you get used to this honesty and this becomes the normal.

I still use the D8000 Pro sometimes, for some recordings but Solitaire P is taking 75% of my listening time.
Now we only need to learn how the Solitaire P-SE performs.

Jan 30, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #439 of 3,218
I pulled the trigger on the Solitaire Ps. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to ship

Jan 30, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #440 of 3,218
Feb 1, 2021 at 5:45 AM Post #441 of 3,218
It is so impressive how much detail these headphones can carve out of music. I have a feeling there is now more air than the beginning, I don't know if it is brain burn in or the drivers have improved. Listening to this piece where I can hear an abundance of bass detail from both the e-bass and piano low registers. Makes me want to listen to it again and again...

Feb 1, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #442 of 3,218
I can’t stop listening to them. I’m selling lcd x vc and he6sev2. Only keeping 1266 tc empyrean and Solitaire. I have a desire to add p se, hopefully reviews come out soon. I sold a total of 6 headphones so far. When I put on one of the others I just run back to the Solitaire.

Feb 1, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #443 of 3,218
All Nguyen Le albums sound fantastic with Solitaire P. As @Bonddam also mentioned, it is difficult to stop listening. Today I tried enabling the EQ but preferred without EQ. If the recording is well made, it is a huge pleasure:

Feb 1, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #444 of 3,218
I was listening to some dupstep and something in the recording sounded like it was outside the headphone. I thought my wife was trying to get my attention.

Feb 2, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #445 of 3,218
I can’t stop listening to them. I’m selling lcd x vc and he6sev2. Only keeping 1266 tc empyrean and Solitaire. I have a desire to add p se, hopefully reviews come out soon. I sold a total of 6 headphones so far. When I put on one of the others I just run back to the Solitaire.

What do the empys offer over the Solitaire ?

Feb 2, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #446 of 3,218
switch Laptop using Audirvana by Roon Nucleus with Tidal Streaming, overall sound of Solitaire P improved so much. Bass detail and clarity, smooth sounding, more spacious. Especially low bass gives me goosebumps, like stand in front of speaker. Great !!!

Attachments

• DF969379-84E7-4968-8A3E-0B2DDB948CF6.jpeg
    DF969379-84E7-4968-8A3E-0B2DDB948CF6.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Feb 2, 2021 at 11:38 PM Post #447 of 3,218
Just bought the HA-200 and P SE got a discount don't worry. Back to the regular P the Empy is no longer needed after sometime on the P the sound has gotten even better. My warmer Reference Milo produces better subsonic frequencies over it's bigger bother the HeadTrip2 which is a neutral amp. So the bass is like what ducanh712 is proclaiming. In my case the amp. Bass is crazy good. This headphone is so good that I'm almost done selling my collection of cans. This headphone took first place in my collection the 1266 TC which I'll never get rid of is 2nd and this goes by most head time. New toy syndrome last about a day or two for me. So I'm clear of that and I come home and choose these over Abyss. Sorry Abyss. If you are on 1266 or Susvara team add this headphone and break it in.

Feb 2, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #448 of 3,218
switch Laptop using Audirvana by Roon Nucleus with Tidal Streaming, overall sound of Solitaire P improved so much. Bass detail and clarity, smooth sounding, more spacious. Especially low bass gives me goosebumps, like stand in front of speaker. Great !!!
Your HA-200 looks like it's suspended in that pic.

Feb 3, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #450 of 3,218
There are 3 Nordost Sort Kone under HA200
Cool. How much power does the amp put out I’m curious if I can run my 1266 on it or will they be starved. Do you use the 80 ohm impedance setting for the Solitaire p?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back