T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Aug 23, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #1,291 of 3,218
Tag that picture nsfw, damn that's some good stuff
I really need to buy a good rack. All that heavy electronics on a $35 table brought 6 years ago :)

Aug 23, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #1,292 of 3,218
I am impressed with your equipment!

Aug 23, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #1,293 of 3,218
Well, my Soli P arrived today.

I don’t care abt measurements or target curves and don’t buy audio products based on measurements.

I do believe in break-in and system synergy.

My initial impression is that Soli P is a refined version of what the OG abyss was and at times what I wish my TC would become. I had to add the SC cable and played with EQ to make the TC sound the way I like.

With age my hearing and preferences has changed and I find myself more drawn towards less bright signature and more refined treble.

I will give the Soli P at least 100 hours to break -in but I like what I hear now. I am sure it will open up a bit.

Any one hearing the loose/wobbly sub bass should get their amp upgraded. Their amp can’t completely control the drivers.

The synergy with both Headtrip Reference and Viva Solista is sublime.

These headphones are statement product and demand you to partner with similar electronics.

I am looking forward to how it improves in the upcoming weeks.

Picture or it didn’t happen :)

That's an amazing setup!
But looks like the glass is starting to bend in the middle...?

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #1,294 of 3,218
yes, agreed I would be very careful with all that weight on the glass

Aug 24, 2021 at 12:45 AM Post #1,295 of 3,218
Well, my Soli P arrived today.

I don’t care abt measurements or target curves and don’t buy audio products based on measurements.

I do believe in break-in and system synergy.

My initial impression is that Soli P is a refined version of what the OG abyss was and at times what I wish my TC would become. I had to add the SC cable and played with EQ to make the TC sound the way I like.

With age my hearing and preferences has changed and I find myself more drawn towards less bright signature and more refined treble.

I will give the Soli P at least 100 hours to break -in but I like what I hear now. I am sure it will open up a bit.

Any one hearing the loose/wobbly sub bass should get their amp upgraded. Their amp can’t completely control the drivers.

The synergy with both Headtrip Reference and Viva Solista is sublime.

These headphones are statement product and demand you to partner with similar electronics.

I am looking forward to how it improves in the upcoming weeks.

Picture or it didn’t happen :)

9263887F-2114-4004-AC9B-E67F5C4BA426.jpeg

Nice picture 👍

NOMAX

Aug 28, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #1,296 of 3,218
I need help with an HA200/Solitaire P issue. I would like to use Schiit Lokius external EQ controls with the HA 200, but I don’t see a way to do it other than bringing in an external DAC and putting the output into the analog XLR input of the HA200. I would lose all the DAC features of the HA200, but I would gain more extensive hardware EQing. Anyone tried anything similar? My goal to more precisely control the upper midrange of the Solitaire P. All ideas are welcome.

Aug 28, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #1,297 of 3,218
I need help with an HA200/Solitaire P issue. I would like to use Schiit Lokius external EQ controls with the HA 200, but I don’t see a way to do it other than bringing in an external DAC and putting the output into the analog XLR input of the HA200. I would lose all the DAC features of the HA200, but I would gain more extensive hardware EQing. Anyone tried anything similar? My goal to more precisely control the upper midrange of the Solitaire P. All ideas are welcome.
As you suspect the only option is whwn adding an external DAC as well

Aug 28, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #1,298 of 3,218
Technically you can do it this way. The 4 pin XLR can be used as a preamp output using a 4 pin to dual 3 pin XLR adapter. This would then feed the Lokius, which would then output back into the HA200 via the XLR in. Only problem is that you lose balanced output and can only use the SE output for your headphones.

This of course is in theory and I don't think it's ideal to run it this way.

Aug 29, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #1,299 of 3,218
Technically you can do it this way. The 4 pin XLR can be used as a preamp output using a 4 pin to dual 3 pin XLR adapter. This would then feed the Lokius, which would then output back into the HA200 via the XLR in. Only problem is that you lose balanced output and can only use the SE output for your headphones.

This of course is in theory and I don't think it's ideal to run it this way.
For this to work, you will have select both USB input and Analog/XLR/RCA input at the same time which I don’t think will be possible.

Aug 29, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #1,300 of 3,218
yes, agreed I would be very careful with all that weight on the glass
Every time I plan to buy an av rack, that fund goes into buying some electronics/cables. I have to plan better.

Aug 29, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #1,301 of 3,218
Aug 31, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #1,303 of 3,218
I’m selling my Ps. They aren’t right for me I guess.

The best way to describe them is they are like planar Utopias.

I feel the mid-bass is good and they do everything but sub-bass well. However, nothing sticks out that makes me say they are the best at any aspect.

The soundstage, at least with my setup is tall and a bit thin, not terrible though.

The TCs and Susvaras are clearly better headphones in my mind.

The LCD-4 has better bass for hip-hop, but is also much warmer. The Ps are maybe sterile, while the LCD-4s are like a jungle, if that makes sense.

The TCs and Susvaras just do everything better. Considering the Ps cost more than both of those headphones (at least in the US), I find this unacceptable. $6500 for a pair of somewhat bland headphones is kinda crazy. Yes, they are very efficient, look nice, and are very comfortable to wear.

But, all of the headphones I own do at least 1 thing better than my other headphones. That’s missing with the Ps, and the sub-bass issue just annoyed me. I couldn’t stop myself from being disappointed when listening to music. I knew it was a flaw, and I couldn’t take it out of my mind. So, I’m getting rid of them. It was an expensive mistake, but we can’t win them all. 🤷‍♂️

I don’t want to take away from what others have mentioned here. I can see why people like the Ps. It’s just with my chain and my preferred genres, it’s not a good fit

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #1,304 of 3,218
Using P-SE for a while now I concur they are also a bit on the dry side. However the sound is also very pure, reminds me of electrostatics. Been doing lots of tweaking with frontend gear and they respond very well. Feverishly waiting my aftermarket cable back from modding to eliminate the final potential bottleneck within the audio chain.

Sep 1, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #1,305 of 3,218
Using P-SE for a while now I concur they are also a bit on the dry side. However the sound is also very pure, reminds me of electrostatics. Been doing lots of tweaking with frontend gear and they respond very well. Feverishly waiting my aftermarket cable back from modding to eliminate the final potential bottleneck within the audio chain.
Spot on. They are dry, electrostatic like headphones resembling a speaker like listening experience in an acousticly treated room without anything sticking out.

T+A are in this business for a very long time and for sure would be able to create a Susvara copy but they went with a different thing. I love the sound but unlike many that don't like the signature, I don't find their headband very comfortable - which is what I said from day one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back