T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Apr 29, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #856 of 3,204
Wonderful pair. I thought the HA200 is such an endgame amp that it reposes the curiosity to always search for better. Maybe it is so, but not for the search for something new, it seems. You made me curious :)
I'm prwtty sure that you don't need anything new after the Ha200 anymore.
However curiosity is a part of this Hobby.

I also don't need any new piece of gear anymore and yet I'm interested in what other options the msrket has to offer

Apr 29, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #857 of 3,204
Wonderful pair. I thought the HA200 is such an endgame amp that it reposes the curiosity to always search for better. Maybe it is so, but not for the search for something new, it seems. You made me curious :)
I wasn't actually searching the better. I am always keeping the HA200 on my work desk and my curiosity kept tickling me about this toy. :) HA200 is for sure an end game and instrument separation, depth and transparency are next level. These will be primarily for moving around, and driving our living room active speakers.

See, I can very quickly find a reason for a new toy. :darthsmile:

May 1, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #859 of 3,204
Even if you are not interested in the DAC/AMP, one can always use it as a reference point against other alternatives/already own electronics, this would definitely save people a lot of time.

For me this combo has been exactly that. An education.

It's been retraining my ears for the last month; and now I appreciate the Z1R more and understand the Nio criticism (bloat) better ...

And without any of the angst surrounding "whether my Susvara's are being driven properly".

Lovely kit if you can just buy it, forget it and listen to tunes!

May 2, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #860 of 3,204
T+A is offering two new headphone cable sets for the SOLITAIRE P-SE in a mobile-friendly length of 1.25 m. While the unbalanced connection has been fitted with a practical 3.5 mm jack plug, the German manufacturer has opted for a state-of-the-art 4.4 mm PentaConn connection from NDIC for the balanced version. According to T+A, the new cable sets will soon be available in international stores. :wink:

Yours
Fidelio

Attachments

• T+A cables.jpg
    T+A cables.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 2, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #861 of 3,204
As much as I enjoy the T+A P, the 3 meter cables that ship with the new headphones are way to long for me. I understand T+A and dealers don't want the hassle of a combinations of lengths, but both cables at 3 meters for a hp of this level and cost is disappointing.

Last edited:
May 2, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #862 of 3,204
As much as I enjoy the T+A P, the 3 meter cables that ship with the new headphones are way to long for me. I understand T+A and dealers don't want the hassle of a combinations of lengths, but both cables at 3 meters for a hp of this level and cost is disappointing.

I fully agree but what is strange is that they received apparently more requests for longer cables than shorter ones. They are selling 5m cables for P, and I was told by the dealer that that was due to customer requests.

May 2, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #863 of 3,204
I fully agree but what is strange is that they received apparently more requests for longer cables than shorter ones. They are selling 5m cables for P, and I was told by the dealer that that was due to customer requests.
If longer lengths are what most folks want and have requested, fine. For a hp costing north of $6KUS the option for at least one shorter cable would be nice. I'll end up using the 1.3 meter Furutech ADL iHP-35Hx cable and the stock T+A cables will sit in the box.

Last edited:
May 3, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #864 of 3,204
If longer lengths are what most folks want and have requested, fine. For a hp costing north of $6KUS the option for at least one shorter cable would be nice. I'll end up using the 1.3 meter Furutech ADL iHP-35Hx cable and the stock T+A cables will sit in the box.

I've got some shorter @doctorjuggles cables incoming for my solitaire Ps, inspired by your Furutech hack.

I'll post some pictures when they arrive hopefully next week!

May 4, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #865 of 3,204
I always figured a lot of the target audience for the Solitaire P would be existing T+A 2 channel owners, so those 5m cables feel pretty aligned with that.

I sort of hate that the Solitaire P didn't use mini 4-pin XLRs with the Abyss pin out, though... that would have worked wonders for my OCD.

May 4, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #866 of 3,204
Hi, I'm new to this thread. I recently acquired the Solitaire P and the HA200. I'm wondering if anyone has tried different Sennheiser 8XX cables with the Solitaire P's? Are all of them thin enough to fit into the Solitaire P chamber?

May 5, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #867 of 3,204
Hi, I'm new to this thread. I recently acquired the Solitaire P and the HA200. I'm wondering if anyone has tried different Sennheiser 8XX cables with the Solitaire P's? Are all of them thin enough to fit into the Solitaire P chamber?
Welcome to the party. :) Standard HD8XX connectors should be fine. Other than that, there are a few candidate cables mentioned in the list, but I am not sure if all are OK. The Furutech connectors of the ADL iHP-35Hx cable are also confirmed to be OK, for example.

May 5, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #869 of 3,204
It's good that you have some of the heat-shrink tubing extending out of the T+A P headphone channel to more easily seat and remove the HD800 connectors from the hp! Any special wire used in this cable?

May 5, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #870 of 3,204
I have some Hart Audio modular (mini XLR system) Sennheiser HD800 cables coming next week. I'll report back on whether they fit into the Solitaires. I have another question re: the HA200. I am finding that the tone controls are excellent, so much so that I don't do any EQ when the Solitaire Ps are plugged in. A few slight adjustments to the treble are all I have ever needed to do. I only listen to classical - lot's of chamber music and symphonic- and the HA200/Solitaire P combination is astonishingly satisfying. My Susvara pair are not getting much use these days. My question is does anyone use the loudness function? If it is turned on, does it disengage if the system volume is increased beyond a certain point? What happens if loudness and tone controls are active at the same time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back