Symphonium Titan - Impressions and reviews
Apr 27, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #346 of 350
With all the recent talk of the stock tips’ resemblance to the Acoustune AET07/08, I tried tip rolling to the AEX70 - and found a new favourite pairing for the Titan.

IMG_5134.jpeg

The AEX70 are quite similar in character to stock, but more open and airy with better definition and texture, which is most noticeable in the Titan’s bass, and which allows its note weight and imaging abilities to shine through. Equal if not slightly greater amount of bass. In terms of what they do for timbre, they slightly edge out stock as being the nicest I’ve tried on the Titan so far.

IMG_5133.jpeg

A note about fit for anyone who wants to try these: size up. They are VERY soft. I’m usually between an M and L, I use the yellow core stock tips, and my AEX70 are XL. The silicone is so soft and thin they just melt into my ears.

Apr 27, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #347 of 350
With all the recent talk of the stock tips’ resemblance to the Acoustune AET07/08, I tried tip rolling to the AEX70 - and found a new favourite pairing for the Titan.

IMG_5134.jpeg

The AEX70 are quite similar in character to stock, but more open and airy with better definition and texture, which is most noticeable in the Titan’s bass, and which allows its note weight and imaging abilities to shine through. Equal if not slightly greater amount of bass. In terms of what they do for timbre, they slightly edge out stock as being the nicest I’ve tried on the Titan so far.

IMG_5133.jpeg

A note about fit for anyone who wants to try these: size up. They are VERY soft. I’m usually between an M and L, I use the yellow core stock tips, and my AEX70 are XL. The silicone is so soft and thin they just melt into my ears.
Where did you get the AEX70 tips and are they more/less grippy than the premium Symphonium tips? I'm using the premium Symphonium tips on the Elysian Diva and I wouldn't mind if they were softer and grippier.

Apr 27, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #348 of 350
Where did you get the AEX70 tips and are they more/less grippy than the premium Symphonium tips? I'm using the premium Symphonium tips on the Elysian Diva and I wouldn't mind if they were softer and grippier.

Good question… I think they may have come with another iem but they look to still be available at a few places:
https://zeppelinandco.com/products/acoustune-aex70-eartips
https://www.mtmtaudio.com/en-sg/pro...irs-for-in-ear-monitor-iem-earphone-with-case
https://starspickeraudio.net/produc...erial-from-smp-technologies-japan-xs-s-m-l-xl

They are definitely much softer and grippier and I also like them very much with the Diva 2021.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #349 of 350
Symphonium Titan Impressions

I got my set yesterday and am posting my impressions after my first day of listening. Most of my time with it was spent pairing with my Ferrum Erco and Hypsos, the stock small black ear tips, and Kinera Ace cable.

Build/Aesthetics/Accessories:
Titan is great in this department as expected from Symphonium. The blue is beautiful and the forged carbon panel reacts to light so well. Weight is pretty light as well but feels extremely sturdy and nice in the hand. The accessories suite here is pretty standard (cable, tips, case, etc.) but everything feels very premium especially the aluminum case. They also included a neat small bag dedicated to the IEM housing that keeps them from hitting each other when traveling which is a nice touch. The cable looks and feels nice, but doesn't have the heat sink for earhooks (why I ended up switching to the Kinera Ace cable). Might be an issue for you or not depending on fit preferences.

Fit/Comfort:
I'd say these are relatively average in comfort. They feel light on the ear, but the metal housing lacks the comfort grooves that tend to give me the "locked-in" feeling. This could be beneficial to some, a negative to others depending on how you like your fit. I will note that I had to use much smaller tips than I generally use with other IEMs. Not sure why this is the case, but the medium Spinfits and Azla Crystals I use with all my other IEMs simply did not provide a seal. I had to go down to the smallest size of the stock tips. Good news is the selection of stock tips is nice.

Sound (Detail and Technicalities):
The only kilo-buck IEM I've owned for an extended amount of time was the Thieaudio Monarch MK2 (tried other kilo-buck IEMs in local meetups) and don't have it anymore for a proper A/B, so most of these observations are relative to that IEM from memory. Detail retrieval is close to the Monarchs, but a step behind. This is mostly due to tuning I think as the Monarch has a slight upper mid and treble emphasis that allows for more sense of detail. Titan is no slouch here and can easily hold its own in the kilo-buck range. Vocal and instrumental separation is also great; this won't be immediately as noticeable as the Monarchs since a lot of the background image of the Titan will be taken up by voluminous sub-bass resulting in the Monarch having a more black background making it easier to get an immediate sense of separation. Soundstage width seems similar between the two, but Titan has a better sense of soundstage depth. Vocals are placed closer to in front of you on Monarch and a little further back on Titan. Imagining is a slight edge to Monarch, but not by much. Titan is noticeably smoother and less fatiguing, while Monarch sounds more raw and crispy.

Sound (Tone):
This is where the Titans truly bless your ears. This is the best sub-bass I've ever heard in an IEM. The textures of deep rumbles are satisfying and I have heard bass ripples, reverberations, and fluxations in songs from my library that I did not even know where in the track. Midbass was not as overdone as I thought it would be and nothing bleeds into the mids. Mids and treble maintain a clean presentation and separate itself from the bass on the soundstage very well. Despite the amount of bass, vocals and instruments are still clear and present with a good sense of layering. You won't feel like you're missing anything. Some songs will feel like a minutes-long head massage in a relaxing and engaging way. There's a slight spike in the treble, not anything that's fatiguing or piercing (helps vocals cut through the bass better IMO). Overall. I could not be any happier with the tonality of the Titan. Sub-bass lover's wet dream with no compromises.

I've included a link to a Qobuz playlist of songs below that Titan either changed my perception of the songs, pulled out new details in the bass I never noticed, or simply put a giant smile on my face. If you have Titan, give it a try.
https://open.qobuz.com/playlist/21330269

Apr 28, 2024 at 8:27 PM Post #350 of 350
Symphonium Titan Impressions

I got my set yesterday and am posting my impressions after my first day of listening. Most of my time with it was spent pairing with my Ferrum Erco and Hypsos, the stock small black ear tips, and Kinera Ace cable.

Build/Aesthetics/Accessories:
Titan is great in this department as expected from Symphonium. The blue is beautiful and the forged carbon panel reacts to light so well. Weight is pretty light as well but feels extremely sturdy and nice in the hand. The accessories suite here is pretty standard (cable, tips, case, etc.) but everything feels very premium especially the aluminum case. They also included a neat small bag dedicated to the IEM housing that keeps them from hitting each other when traveling which is a nice touch. The cable looks and feels nice, but doesn't have the heat sink for earhooks (why I ended up switching to the Kinera Ace cable). Might be an issue for you or not depending on fit preferences.

Fit/Comfort:
I'd say these are relatively average in comfort. They feel light on the ear, but the metal housing lacks the comfort grooves that tend to give me the "locked-in" feeling. This could be beneficial to some, a negative to others depending on how you like your fit. I will note that I had to use much smaller tips than I generally use with other IEMs. Not sure why this is the case, but the medium Spinfits and Azla Crystals I use with all my other IEMs simply did not provide a seal. I had to go down to the smallest size of the stock tips. Good news is the selection of stock tips is nice.

Sound (Detail and Technicalities):
The only kilo-buck IEM I've owned for an extended amount of time was the Thieaudio Monarch MK2 (tried other kilo-buck IEMs in local meetups) and don't have it anymore for a proper A/B, so most of these observations are relative to that IEM from memory. Detail retrieval is close to the Monarchs, but a step behind. This is mostly due to tuning I think as the Monarch has a slight upper mid and treble emphasis that allows for more sense of detail. Titan is no slouch here and can easily hold its own in the kilo-buck range. Vocal and instrumental separation is also great; this won't be immediately as noticeable as the Monarchs since a lot of the background image of the Titan will be taken up by voluminous sub-bass resulting in the Monarch having a more black background making it easier to get an immediate sense of separation. Soundstage width seems similar between the two, but Titan has a better sense of soundstage depth. Vocals are placed closer to in front of you on Monarch and a little further back on Titan. Imagining is a slight edge to Monarch, but not by much. Titan is noticeably smoother and less fatiguing, while Monarch sounds more raw and crispy.

Sound (Tone):
This is where the Titans truly bless your ears. This is the best sub-bass I've ever heard in an IEM. The textures of deep rumbles are satisfying and I have heard bass ripples, reverberations, and fluxations in songs from my library that I did not even know where in the track. Midbass was not as overdone as I thought it would be and nothing bleeds into the mids. Mids and treble maintain a clean presentation and separate itself from the bass on the soundstage very well. Despite the amount of bass, vocals and instruments are still clear and present with a good sense of layering. You won't feel like you're missing anything. Some songs will feel like a minutes-long head massage in a relaxing and engaging way. There's a slight spike in the treble, not anything that's fatiguing or piercing (helps vocals cut through the bass better IMO). Overall. I could not be any happier with the tonality of the Titan. Sub-bass lover's wet dream with no compromises.

I've included a link to a Qobuz playlist of songs below that Titan either changed my perception of the songs, pulled out new details in the bass I never noticed, or simply put a giant smile on my face. If you have Titan, give it a try.
https://open.qobuz.com/playlist/21330269
Great review and thank you for sharing that awesome playlist 😍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back