Symphonium Audio - New Singaporean IEM Manufacturer
Nov 18, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #76 of 221
My meteor set came yesterday. Hoping to get a chance to listen this weekend. Quick delivery from headphones.

Anybody have tip recommendations?

Nov 18, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #78 of 221
I'm really curious about your impressions. Can you possibly compare it with your Serial?
Can do! I’ll try to get some listening sessions in this weekend

Nov 19, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #79 of 221
My meteor set came yesterday. Hoping to get a chance to listen this weekend. Quick delivery from headphones.

Anybody have tip recommendations?
I would start with the tips that come with the set. I have tried other tips and have gone always back to either the red bore or green bore tips that come with Meteor.

Nov 19, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #80 of 221
I'm really curious about your impressions. Can you possibly compare it with your Serial?
Only listened for a few hours today. The included medium green silicone tips work the best so far. Will try more. Size and fit is excellent. They’re even lighter than I expected. Off the bat I like them a lot. The bass is excellent, definitely feels like some air is being moved. Kick drums sound big, and sub bass impact is great. The bass is still pretty quick, and I don’t hear any bloat. No bass boost needed at all. Treble is great with good extension. I don’t get any harshness.

I went back and forth with the Serial a little. The Meteor is actually a little harder to drive. I would say the meteor is step up but not across the board. the serial holds its own. The biggest difference between the two is that the serial is more vocal forward. it’s quite apparent going between the two. I’ll get some more sessions so I can be more specific

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #81 of 221
Only listened for a few hours today. The included medium green silicone tips work the best so far. Will try more. Size and fit is excellent. They’re even lighter than I expected. Off the bat I like them a lot. The bass is excellent, definitely feels like some air is being moved. Kick drums sound big, and sub bass impact is great. The bass is still pretty quick, and I don’t hear any bloat. No bass boost needed at all. Treble is great with good extension. I don’t get any harshness.

I went back and forth with the Serial a little. The Meteor is actually a little harder to drive. I would say the meteor is step up but not across the board. the serial holds its own. The biggest difference between the two is that the serial is more vocal forward. it’s quite apparent going between the two. I’ll get some more sessions so I can be more specific
Thanks for your first impressions. That sounds pretty good. :)

Nov 20, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #83 of 221
Nov 23, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #85 of 221
I was able to compare the serial and meteor a bit more. I picked a few songs and took a few notes on both

Orville Peck- Outta Time
Serial - His voice sounds rich, full, and smooth. Male vocals are a highlight. Bass and guitar are smooth with the right amount of bite.

Meteor - vocals sit back some, but still full and smooth. Cymbals sound better. Stage is a little wider. Bass guitar a little less prominent

Lillie Mae - Honky Tonks and Taverns
Serial - vocals are lush, full. Bass guitar is prominent. Its warmth and fullness are a highlight.

Meteor- vocals are a highlight. Bass guitar sits back a little, but sounds wider.

Mountain - Mississippi Queen
Both sounded excellent. Guitar distortion sounds better on meteor, but the serial gives them a little more bite

Led Zeppelin - The Ocean
Drums and bass guitar more prominent on Serial. Vocals great on both.

L-Vis 1990 - United Groove
Meteor has better sub bass (tighter, more depth/weight), and better separation. Vocals sit back compared to Serial. Sounds good on both

Kavsrave - Baggage Handler
Meteor has more separation, more sub bass. Imaging and separation better on meteor

Jam City - The Courts (12” club mix)
This song really brings out the best in the meteor. Claps and squeaks are a bit harsh on the Serial. Kicks are tighter on meteor. Imaging, and separation better on meteor

New Young Pony Club - Ice Cream
Sibilance can be pretty bad on this song. Serial has some, meteor has none. Meteor’s stage is a little wider, better separation

Outkast - B.O.B
Snare hits a little smoother on meteor (less crack/bite). Vocals more prominent on Serial, they sit back and are a little too smooth on meteor.

I have not heard many sets tuned like the meteor. I find the more I listen to it, the more I like it. Not fatiguing at all. It’s a bit of an adjustment going between the meteor and Serial due to the tuning differences. I get a good fit with both. I tip rolled a bit. The included green silicone or the epro horn work best for me.

The meteor is more sub bass focused, while the serial leans slightly more towards mid bass. Low end on both is well balanced. The meteor tends to have more low end. The meteor has the best ba bass I’ve heard (have not heard u12t or other >kilobuck sets).

I’m a sucker for penon’s midrange tuning. The meteor tends to sit back a little more here. I still like it, but occasionally male vocals lose out. Treble goes to the meteor. The meteor has better treble extension. Neither is particularly airy. The meteor is a step above the serial in technicalities (imaging, detail retrieval, separation). The meteor tends to have a bigger stage, though not as expansive as something like the Ej07m. Coherency and tonality are great on both. Both do well with my library.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #86 of 221
I was able to compare the serial and meteor a bit more. I picked a few songs and took a few notes on both

Orville Peck- Outta Time
Serial - His voice sounds rich, full, and smooth. Male vocals are a highlight. Bass and guitar are smooth with the right amount of bite.

Meteor - vocals sit back some, but still full and smooth. Cymbals sound better. Stage is a little wider. Bass guitar a little less prominent

Serial - vocals are lush, full. Bass guitar is prominent. Its warmth and fullness are a highlight.

Meteor- vocals are a highlight. Bass guitar sits back a little, but sounds wider.

Both sounded excellent. Guitar distortion sounds better on meteor, but the serial gives them a little more bite

Led Zeppelin - The Ocean

Meteor has better sub bass (tighter, more depth/weight), and better separation. Vocals sit back compared to Serial. Sounds good on both

Meteor has more separation, more sub bass. Imaging and separation better on meteor

This song really brings out the best in the meteor. Claps and squeaks are a bit harsh on the Serial. Kicks are tighter on meteor. Imaging, and separation better on meteor

Sibilance can be pretty bad on this song. Serial has some, meteor has none. Meteor’s stage is a little wider, better separation

Outkast - B.O.B
Snare hits a little smoother on meteor (less crack/bite). Vocals more prominent on Serial, they sit back and are a little too smooth on meteor.

I have not heard many sets tuned like the meteor. I find the more I listen to it, the more I like it. Not fatiguing at all. It’s a bit of an adjustment going between the meteor and Serial due to the tuning differences. I get a good fit with both. I tip rolled a bit. The included green silicone or the epro horn work best for me.

The meteor is more sub bass focused, while the serial leans slightly more towards mid bass. Low end on both is well balanced. The meteor tends to have more low end. The meteor has the best ba bass I’ve heard (have not heard u12t or other >kilobuck sets).

I’m a sucker for penon’s midrange tuning. The meteor tends to sit back a little more here. I still like it, but occasionally male vocals lose out. Treble goes to the meteor. The meteor has better treble extension. Neither is particularly airy. The meteor is a step above the serial in technicalities (imaging, detail retrieval, separation). The meteor tends to have a bigger stage, though it’s still a fairly average size. Coherency and tonality are great on both. Both do well with my library.
Insanity. Thank you for this detailed comparison :) I think the Meteor is a good addition to my Serial. Thank you again. :wink:

Nov 23, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #87 of 221

Orville Peck- Outta Time

Led Zeppelin - The Ocean

Outkast - B.O.B

I’m a sucker for penon’s midrange tuning. The meteor tends to sit back a little more here. I still like it, but occasionally male vocals lose out. Treble goes to the meteor. The meteor has better treble extension. Neither is particularly airy. The meteor is a step above the serial in technicalities (imaging, detail retrieval, separation). The meteor tends to have a bigger stage, though it’s still a fairly average size. Coherency and tonality are great on both. Both do well with my library.

Thanks for the write-up! Meteor having the best BA bass out there in this price range is very true for sure.

Dec 11, 2022 at 1:21 AM Post #89 of 221
OK, I think I'm ready to review the Meteor. I was waiting for a USB C DAC/amp to come in since these are power-hungry IEMs. I wanted to make sure I wasn't leaving anything on the table by listening to them at essentially max volume on my Pixel 7. After listening to them on my new DD ddHiFi TC35 Pro (Eye), which had annoying ticking issues out of the box with Tidal, they were fixed by switching to the Hiby Music app, I think I really like them. While they are not to the level of my RAD-0s, they are actually quite close in clarity, detail, and fun factor. These are probably some of the bassiest headphones I've ever listened to, and I am not a basshead. That said, I was worried that the bass would overwhelm everything else on the soundstage. While the bass is very strong, and has excellent reverberation where you can really feel the bass, especially on Fun.'s "Some Nights," the mids and highs still come through quite clearly. This is a U-shaped headphone, no doubt about it, but while the mids are a little recessed and quieter than the bass, they still come through with excellent clarity and detail. The vocals are clear and beautifully represented while the guitars from Weaving the Fate's "The Fall" are excellently represented. The piano from Eleventyseven's "Appalachian Wine" and Across the Burren are also great though these really excel at EDM and Rock.

The packaging is excellent and the hard case with foam lining for the Meteor is really nice. Its a very nice product with excellent imaging on the sides of the shell - beautiful and high quality - light and small. It also comes with lots of tips, I enjoy the small Red tips. The cable is high quality and not microphonic, but not really good either with the ear hooks not holding on well and it's more tangly than the Raptgo Hook's cable. These are my favorite IEMs so far, though the U12ts are more balanced and detailed, these are more fun and still sound great for much cheaper. (1/3rd?) This is just about all the IEM I need.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #90 of 221
OK, I think I'm ready to review the Meteor. I was waiting for a USB C DAC/amp to come in since these are power-hungry IEMs. I wanted to make sure I wasn't leaving anything on the table by listening to them at essentially max volume on my Pixel 7. After listening to them on my new DD ddHiFi TC35 Pro (Eye), which had annoying ticking issues out of the box with Tidal, they were fixed by switching to the Hiby Music app, I think I really like them. While they are not to the level of my RAD-0s, they are actually quite close in clarity, detail, and fun factor. These are probably some of the bassiest headphones I've ever listened to, and I am not a basshead. That said, I was worried that the bass would overwhelm everything else on the soundstage. While the bass is very strong, and has excellent reverberation where you can really feel the bass, especially on Fun.'s "Some Nights," the mids and highs still come through quite clearly. This is a U-shaped headphone, no doubt about it, but while the mids are a little recessed and quieter than the bass, they still come through with excellent clarity and detail. The vocals are clear and beautifully represented while the guitars from Weaving the Fate's "The Fall" are excellently represented. The piano from Eleventyseven's "Appalachian Wine" and Across the Burren are also great though these really excel at EDM and Rock.

The packaging is excellent and the hard case with foam lining for the Meteor is really nice. Its a very nice product with excellent imaging on the sides of the shell - beautiful and high quality - light and small. It also comes with lots of tips, I enjoy the small Red tips. The cable is high quality and not microphonic, but not really good either with the ear hooks not holding on well and it's more tangly than the Raptgo Hook's cable. These are my favorite IEMs so far, though the U12ts are more balanced and detailed, these are more fun and still sound great for much cheaper. (1/3rd?) This is just about all the IEM I need.

Thank for your initial impressions! Very much in line with why I was so impressed with them during the listening sessions I had with them as well. Look forward to your full review!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back