Symphonium Audio - New Singaporean IEM Manufacturer
Nov 8, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #62 of 221
Anyone receive their meteors, or get shipping notifications?
My Meteor's arrived today, pre-ordered from Symphonium Audio directly. They sound thick and heavy but nice and clear at the same time, works great with the music I've thrown at it. So far so good!
The cable is very nice and IEM's themselves are a lot smaller than I was anticipating.
I was a bit worried pre-ordering something not many people have heard, but I don't regret the purchase.
Let me know if anyone wants photos.

Nov 9, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #63 of 221
My Meteor's arrived today, pre-ordered from Symphonium Audio directly. They sound thick and heavy but nice and clear at the same time, works great with the music I've thrown at it. So far so good!
The cable is very nice and IEM's themselves are a lot smaller than I was anticipating.
I was a bit worried pre-ordering something not many people have heard, but I don't regret the purchase.
How’s the bass? Punchiness? Detail? Any comparisons?

Nov 9, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #64 of 221
How’s the bass? Punchiness? Detail? Any comparisons?
I'm not great with audiophile terms but I'll give it a go.
I like the amount of mid-bass the set has, I listen to a lot of guitar music that gets it's weight from the drums and bass guitar, has a less sub-bass focus than hip-hop, pop etc. With all the tracks I've listen to the kick drum has a great thump and the bass guitars have great weight. Guitars maybe sound a bit too full.

They sound thick and warm compared to the other sets I've heard or owned (Aria, SA6, Mest mkii, S12, IE600, FH3), they defiantly have their own colouration going on, I don't think clarity or reference listening is the meteor's selling point.

They make my SA6 sound bright in comparison which I switch back and forth. SA6 still sound way more balanced and "correct" to me. Meteor makes the IE600 sound like nothing but cymbals. But to my ears the IE600 sounded gutless in the first place. More cohesive than the Mest mkii.

I've been finding them great at work, easy to listen to, coherent and comfortable.

Some tracks for reference.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #65 of 221
I like the amount of mid-bass the set has, I listen to a lot of guitar music that gets it's weight from the drums and bass guitar, has a less sub-bass focus than hip-hop, pop etc. With all the tracks I've listen to the kick drum has a great thump and the bass guitars have great weight. Guitars maybe sound a bit too full.

They sound thick and warm compared to the other sets I've heard or owned (Aria, SA6, Mest mkii, S12, IE600, FH3), they defiantly have their own colouration going on, I don't think clarity or reference listening is the meteor's selling point.

They make my SA6 sound bright in comparison which I switch back and forth. SA6 still sound way more balanced and "correct" to me. Meteor makes the IE600 sound like nothing but cymbals. But to my ears the IE600 sounded gutless in the first place. More cohesive than the Mest mkii.

I've been finding them great at work, easy to listen to, coherent and comfortable.

Thanks! That’s helpful. The SA6/SA6U would seem to be the logical meteor comparison. Sounds like they’re more complimentary than competitors. The meteor fr graph looks different enough from the sets I own. I thought about grabbing the SA6 a number of times, but it just seemed too similar to the RSV.

Nov 9, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #66 of 221
Thanks! That’s helpful. The SA6/SA6U would seem to be the logical meteor comparison. Sounds like they’re more complimentary than competitors. The meteor fr graph looks different enough from the sets I own. I thought about grabbing the SA6 a number of times, but it just seemed too similar to the RSV.

Complimentary is a good way to put it. I've thought about buying the RSV but it seems to similar to the SA6 haha.

Nov 9, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #67 of 221
Complimentary is a good way to put it. I've thought about buying the RSV but it seems to similar to the SA6 haha.
Yeah, I thought about canceling my meteor order and grabbing the SA6U (too late now anyway), but I think I’ll be happier with the meteor.

the RSV is more mid bass focused. My only (tiny) nitpick is that it can lack some sub bass impact that I get with the Ej07m or Serial. The RSV is more balanced and detailed than those two, especially compared to the Serial.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #68 of 221

You described well, mate! Looking forward for your full review one day. I’m surprised that Meteor is that warm though. Warm and resolving is a rare combo. Congrats on your new shiny!

Nov 10, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #69 of 221
You described well, mate! Looking forward for your full review one day. I’m surprised that Meteor is that warm though. Warm and resolving is a rare combo. Congrats on your new shiny!
Thank you!

Nov 10, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #70 of 221

The SA6/Ultra and Meteor and are indeed better compliments to each other than competitors. I had a chance to listen one at CanJam SoCal and it seriously impressed me. As the resident DUNU rep here, I think it's testament enough to me saying that it's on my to buy list for 2023.

As proud owner of the Helios and a personal friend of the guys at Symphonium, who've I've had the pleasure of getting to know personally the past few months, it makes me so happy to see the Meteor doing so well!

The Meteor is the start of great things for the Symphonium in the 1000 market, building a great fanbase that are as passionate about the hobby as the guy's themselves.

Nov 10, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #71 of 221
Symphonium knocked it out of the park with the Meteor set. Amazing treble

Attachments

• received_2494465560724976.jpeg
    received_2494465560724976.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #72 of 221
Nov 17, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #73 of 221
Hello friends, Was reading about Meteor lately. The pair surely looks impressive. Reading your impressions here I feel like I should add it to my future purchase list already.

Nov 17, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #74 of 221
Received my Meteor a couple of days ago. The slogan says it all - Small size, Massive sound. Absolutely love it and worth every penny.

Nov 17, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #75 of 221

Users who are viewing this thread

Back