Sydney Meet Impressions (24 Mar 07) @ UNSW
Apr 1, 2007 at 11:56 AM Post #46 of 82
I'd love to hear the Singlepower amp!

Judging by the success of the last meet, it can't be that much longer until the next one
smily_headphones1.gif
. At least I hope not anyway...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrisles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow guys .. i didn't realise the Aussies had their own HeadFi meets. Here i was complaining in another thread about the fact that we (aussies) don't have HeadFi meets & someone shot me over this link. Real pity i missed it ... i guess it was posted in the "announcements" forum or something?? But could you let me know next time please?? :) i would certainly make the trip down from Brisvegas. And by the time you have your next meet i could bring down my newly acquired Meridian G08 into the mix. And a Singlepower amp (model yet to be determined). cheers jeff

Apr 1, 2007 at 12:11 PM Post #47 of 82
Agreed. To both hearing Jeff's Rig and to further meets.

I came to this Sydney Meet partly as a way of 'paying back' for all the good advice and good fellow HeadFier deals to get to my current rigs. With further deals since plus one or two more in the near future I think I'm getting close to finishing this stage of my HiFi journey (won't my wife love that if I follow through on those words!).

Anyway, the Sydney Meet was great camerarderie and a fantastic chance to try such a range of gear in one place. Of course it only happens with people like Remy, Justin and Stephen keeping it all on track and communicating regularly with us all...so they probably deserve a bit of a break at least before the next one comes around (but I'll be there again, I assure you).

Quote:

Originally Posted by spukee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd love to hear the Singlepower amp!

Judging by the success of the last meet, it can't be that much longer until the next one
smily_headphones1.gif
. At least I hope not anyway...

Apr 25, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #51 of 82
Hey I've just joined this forum. Had no idea that there were so many enthusiasts in Sydney. Pity I missed it. Love to be informed of the next meet!

May 12, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #54 of 82
I got some new stuff...A Storm DAC, amp fixed and HP-2s...We should have another one soon...

May 17, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #57 of 82
Is it better to start a new thread to try and organise another one? (i.e. that'll then have a new title and attract Australian 'lurkers' to the fact it could be happening).

Are you proposing getting the same venue - UNSW - and are you volunteering to work as organiser?
smily_headphones1.gif

I've got a range of 'incoming' (Woo Audio GES, HornetM, TDS True Dimensional Sound Enhancer) and am likely to also have an alternate source (but that is at least a month away). So I may have some gear for sale by then (Stax SRM-T1? Total Bithead 06?) but we'll see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When do you guys want to have another one?

May 18, 2007 at 1:10 PM Post #60 of 82
Cool, that venue was good, but maybe we would need a bigger room for the next one. I'm not sure where the next one could be, i'm really busy with Uni at the moment, but would help out when i could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back