Sydney meet anyone?
Aug 24, 2005 at 12:15 AM Post #151 of 223
Sounds good. So can we confirm the exact time/location/people/equipment?

So far I can see only four show of hands, and one maybe;

blackreplica(host)
covenent
andrewpc
renesis_au (maybe)
and Me of course!

What happened to OP?

Can everyone list what they are bring too the meet?

Looks like I won't have the Melos, nor the Azur for the meet...but hopefully Voodochile's modded "Tushi" will make a late entry for the show (it's flying down first class from NY atm), along with the rs-1's+flats,modded senns and bowls, e4's, ksc35, ipod mini, Sony d-465, and some cables.

Aug 24, 2005 at 3:28 AM Post #152 of 223
hey guys!

I'm kinda worried myself because there were so many people in this thread that we registering their interest but they've kinda disappeared. Hey guys, where are you? Come join us!.

Chungsoi, i'm definitely ok for a meetup at 2pm.

Covenant, I would like to give you a ride but merrylands is a little far from where i am
frown.gif

If the meeting at central station is still on (or even if it's cancelled and everyone is coming straight to my place on their own) i would be happy to pick you up at central at a time of your choosing though. Let me know if you would like a pickup but hopefully someone closer to where you are can come pick you up. It would suck to carry so many things on your own without help.

Aug 24, 2005 at 3:36 AM Post #153 of 223
Here is the list of everyone in this thread who expressed interest earlier, but are not necessarily confirmed. Please come back in here and let us know if you want to come!

nights_85
papa_snap
3lusiv3
Hunter_Killer
Kenny12
silencer
uncledrax
mneuwiueyagaobcf
TonyTripleA
Covenant
renesis_au
ekwinix
chungsoi
iGory
andrewpc

Its a lot to ask, but could someone send all these guys (except those who are active in this thead) a mass PM (Edit: Done, see below) or something (all the name above a correct so just copy and paste in the PM sending list should do it i hope) so that they know that the meet has not died off? Some of these people stopped posting since page 3 and it's wholly possible that they didnt think the meet took off. Some of them really expressed keen interest and have some pretty impressive equipment which i am sure a lot of us are dying to audition. Would be such a shame if they didnt come because they didnt know about it.

Maybe i'll try sending a PM to them too

Aug 24, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #154 of 223
Well i decided to get off my lazy ass and send a mass PM to all the people below who expressed interest but are now MIA.

papa_snap
3lusiv3
Hunter_Killer
Kenny12
silencer
uncledrax
mneuwiueyagaobcf
TonyTripleA
ekwinix
andrewpc

Here's to hoping that at least some of them come back to the thread and are able to come
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2005 at 5:02 AM Post #155 of 223
I hope so too! It would definitely be ashame if people that wanted to come missed out because they didn't know about it...

If I remember correctly, TonyAAA had some nice gear to offer and even offered to bring some desserts!! It wouldn't be a meet without Tony and his desserts!
tongue.gif

Aug 24, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #156 of 223
i think this is my first post here, although i have been leaching of everyones knowledge for a while now..

although i am starting a new job as of satuday, i wish i could attend the meet, as i would like to hear some REAL gear (as compared to my pitiful setup of AD700's
tongue.gif
)

i hope it all goes well!!

edit: yep it was my first post!!

Aug 24, 2005 at 5:52 AM Post #157 of 223
Hey! Your first day at work huh? Just say you had a really important headphone meet to get to, I'm sure they'll understand!
very_evil_smiley.gif

I thought there was another member with the name "cthulhu" here living in Canberra...am I missing something?
confused.gif

Aug 24, 2005 at 8:05 AM Post #158 of 223
Just got a reply from 3lusiv3, he wont be able to make it, still waiting on the other nine left.

Well i guess it's time to confirm the meeting then. Since chungsoi cant make it till 2pm, lets set that as a good time to start.

OK so here is the tentative plans (please make your objections known if for some reason they dont suit you!)

HEAD-FI MEET PLANS AND DETAILS: PLEASE READ IF INTERESTED AND RSVP HERE IN THIS THREAD!

There are 2 options for whoever wants to come.

Option 1:
If you wish to come direct, just be at the following address at 2pm this saturday the 27th of august:

Unit 7, 98 Botany Street
Randwick, NSW 2031
Directions: It is an apartment building (ring the intercom so i know you are there and i can open the door for you downstairs or call me when you arrive) at the corner of Meeks Street and Botany Street. Near UNSW. Meeks Street is off Anzac Parade (on the left) about 4-5 streets down from UNSW if you are coming from the city

Option 2:

There was some discussion about getting a ride from central for those not coming by car with stuff to carry and unfamiliar with the location. I can pick 4 guys up from Central Station if needed. Pickup location will be somewhere where i can park the car and wait without getting it getting towed with me in it
lambda.gif
. if anyone wants to take advantage of this option, please post here and let me know so we can make further arrangements. If no one needs a pick up then we can just let option 1 be what everyone does. Pick up, if any, will likely be about 1pm near central somewhere. Feel free to make alternative pickup arrangements if you know another headfier attending who is driving and lives near you etc.

If lost/confused/drunk/high/stoned/dead please call me anyday on saturday for help at 0422191886 (Kevin).

Hows that sound to everyone?

Now is crunch time folks. Please do confirm from now on if you will be coming and which option you would like. There are only 3 days left!!

As far as i know the following are confirmed:

Blackreplica (duh) - Beyer 770-80 Pro, Westone UM2, Supermacro V3
Chungsoi - Grado RS-1, Melos
Convenant - Ray Raptor, SA5K, Grado SR60
renesis_au - Beyer DT880
andrewpc - Grado RS-2, Sony CD3000

So who wants to join teh_ub3r l33t g4ng? We can easily have another 5 people or so. Maybe more if interest is really strong. So post your interest!! Now or never, last chance to hear the best hardware to ever grace a human being's head
lambda.gif

Aug 24, 2005 at 8:47 AM Post #159 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by chungsoi
Hey! Your first day at work huh? Just say you had a really important headphone meet to get to, I'm sure they'll understand!
very_evil_smiley.gif

I thought there was another member with the name "cthulhu" here living in Canberra...am I missing something?
confused.gif

hmmm i dont know about the other cthulhu.. i have been around OCAU and AtomicMPC forums as well..

i would love to come.. but even if work only goes for a few hours (11-whatever) its still a good hour drive from richmond to randwick.. and all i could bring is some AD700's and a HDA digital-x-mystique (along with the computer
tongue.gif
) for anyone who hasnt heard one but is interested in computer output..

Aug 24, 2005 at 9:10 AM Post #162 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by renesis_au
What's cthulhu mean? Can't be coincidence unless there is some meaning to it I don't get
confused.gif

http://www.cthulhu.org/cthulhu/

there is a whole underground world you never knew existed..
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: "cthulhu still lives" is one of the last lines of the story "The Call of Cthulhu" by H.P. Lovecraft

Aug 24, 2005 at 9:17 AM Post #163 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by cthulhu lives
http://www.cthulhu.org/cthulhu/

there is a whole underground world you never knew existed..
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: "cthulhu still lives" is one of the last lines of the story "The Call of Cthulhu" by H.P. Lovecraft

LOL...and here i was thinking it was an underground band!
tongue.gif

Learnt something new today! Must say it sounds very intriguing...

blackreplica: I'll tick option 1. Also I probably won't have my Melos by Sat, so everything in my sig I'll bring apart from the Melos.

Aug 24, 2005 at 11:39 AM Post #164 of 223
Its good to see everything coming together, three cheers to the host for all his efforts. You rock, Kevin
smily_headphones1.gif

Add a NAD C521BEE to my equippment list. Oh, and i'll likely elect for option 2. - i'll see what i can do about getting a lift to Central via friend/relative/etc, and if you could pick me up from there Kevin, it'd be sweet.

Early would be good methinks, so we can ferry all my stuff back to your place and start getting set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back