Sydney meet anyone?
Jul 16, 2005 at 2:58 PM Post #46 of 223
Im sure we could isolate the place with gafa tape.. you live near the trainstation by anychance? and how many can you take?

I suppose i could bring my sr225's pioneers and sharp headphones. I'd bring the jecklins but their starting to do some strange things (I think the energiser is slightly buggered atm)

alternatively anyone know where to book one of those conference rooms cheap?

Jul 17, 2005 at 3:57 AM Post #47 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by volnhar
Hi Guys,

Failry new here.

I'm in South Granville and depending on how many people I might be able to have it at my place.

Only problem I'm on a busy main road, lots of trucks etc, so not the most quite of locations.

Hopefully getting an MG Head DT OTL MK III soon.

Thanks for the offer, Volnhar. The whole gaffer-tape isolation trick may just work out, too
biggrin.gif

I'm not sure about the conference room idea. I haven't seen any big enough/private enough for such a rowdy affair as a meet
rolleyes.gif

Jul 19, 2005 at 6:10 PM Post #48 of 223
Hey guys,

i just came across this thread. I am an international student who is currently studying in UNSW (I live in randwick). I would be happy to contribute the hardware you see in my sig if there was a meetup

For location, how picky are you guys? I live in an apartment with a flatmate who is never home(LOL) which means the house is pretty much all mine most of the time. There is a catch though. I live in an absolute ****hole (as every uni student should
biggrin.gif
). So if all you guys want is space, then i have it, as long as you guys arent too picky. I've got papers, lecture notes, books, and electronics everywhere. And its a lil dusty i guess, but its not that bad in the sense that there arent cockroaches and corpses in the corner(yet, anyway). Its a small apartment so theres plenty of privacy as long as you just bring headphones and not subwoofers
evil_smiley.gif
. A few hours on a weekend shouldnt be a problem at all. i reckon it should be an ok fit for about 7 people not including myself or as many as 10 if some guys didnt mind sitting on the floor. Just don't get drunk and throw a wild party or anything
biggrin.gif

Anyway if you guys want a conference room, i might go for it if i can afford my share. I would definitely love to listen to all your wonderful headphones before i leave for good at the end of the year (after a 4 year stay, it's a little hard to say goodbye)

Jul 20, 2005 at 10:57 AM Post #49 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackreplica
Hey guys,

i just came across this thread. I am an international student who is currently studying in UNSW (I live in randwick). I would be happy to contribute the hardware you see in my sig if there was a meetup

For location, how picky are you guys? I live in an apartment with a flatmate who is never home(LOL) which means the house is pretty much all mine most of the time. There is a catch though. I live in an absolute ****hole (as every uni student should
biggrin.gif
). So if all you guys want is space, then i have it, as long as you guys arent too picky.

Heya blackreplica
biggrin.gif

I can't speak for anyone else, but space and a chance to audition are all i'm after. I'd love to have the meet at your place. Hopefully i'll have my new source by then (whatever it ends up being), as well as my SA5K's, so i should be able to contribute something meaningful. Not to mention my SR60's and PENGUIN MINT, of course!
wink.gif

Jul 20, 2005 at 11:08 AM Post #50 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant
Heya blackreplica
biggrin.gif

Not to mention my SR60's and PENGUIN MINT, of course!
wink.gif

LOL used to be mine!
biggrin.gif

Anyway if no one else minds a pigsty (albeit, a private one) for a meetup, i'm all for it. Hopefully there will be more interest in this thread as people check it (hopefully) over the next few days. I may forget about it too, if i dont post back here just send me a PM and we can work out which day/time to have the meet. Tentatively a saturday or sunday afternoon should be great. which saturday/sunday, i'll leave it up to you guys
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 20, 2005 at 11:19 AM Post #51 of 223
Quote:

Tentatively a saturday or sunday afternoon should be great. which saturday/sunday, i'll leave it up to you guys
smily_headphones1.gif

The date's been set for Saturday 20th August, premature of us maybe setting a date without a venue, but there you go. Exactly one month away
wink.gif

Jul 20, 2005 at 12:22 PM Post #54 of 223
Ok thanks, skipped second page, went from 1st to 3rd, hopefully I'm free. A venue close to a train station would be ideal. Damn I won't have anything to contribute, XD200's are far from special. Maybe a pair of HD580/DT880/DT990 may be heading my way sometime in the near future
600smile.gif

Jul 20, 2005 at 12:41 PM Post #55 of 223
Unfortunately my place is a little far from the train station
frown.gif

My exact address is:

Unit 7, 98 Botany Street
Randwick, 2031

Its really near UNSW, at the corner of botany street and meeks street

Oh yeah, tentatively 20th august is fine with me. If anyone else is interested, please do chime in here so we can do a head count

Can someone please remind me of this a little closer to the date by PM or something? My memory is really crap
biggrin.gif

Jul 20, 2005 at 1:06 PM Post #57 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by renesis_au
That's alright, just have to figure out where and which bus to catch from central. I'm fine for the location.

Likewise, i shoud be able to find it pretty easily. It seems we have me, blackreplica and renesis actively interested atm - where'd everyone else go? Soon you'll be getting reminder PM's, i warn ye all now
wink.gif

Jul 21, 2005 at 12:29 AM Post #59 of 223
Date & Location:

20th August 2005 (Saturday) @ Unit 7, 98 Botany Street
Randwick, 2031, Sydney

Attendees:

blackreplica
covenant
renesis_au
nights_85

Please quote this post and add your name to the list if you wanna join in!
orphsmile.gif

Jul 21, 2005 at 1:00 AM Post #60 of 223
Me too
biggrin.gif

Can bring:

Amps:
ASL MG HEAD OTL MKII - Hopefully a few different tubes with it.
Pimeta - If not sold by then.

Headphones:
Beyer DT880
Koss Portapro's

Source:
Kenwood DP-1050

Misc:
Powerboards, extension leads.

Quote:

Date & Location:

20th August 2005 (Saturday) @ Unit 7, 98 Botany Street
Randwick, 2031, Sydney

Attendees:

blackreplica
covenant
renesis_au
nights_85
Volnhar

Please quote this post and add your name to the list if you wanna join in!
orphsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back