Sydney meet anyone?
Jun 17, 2005 at 12:30 PM Post #16 of 223
I'd be sort of interested, but I'm pretty busy at the moment. I guess it will be ackward for me, all I have are XD200's and HJE50's which pale in comparison to what you guys have, well I will probably be the youngest, and I'm just a uni student (which explains my lack of real 'head-fi' equipment
tongue.gif
)

Jun 18, 2005 at 1:00 AM Post #18 of 223
i would still be intreted in a meet,

anyone here live close to the city who can offer to lend us a room for the day?

i'll bring

DIY amp
hd590
er-4S
e2c
and a few kosses
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #22 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by chungsoi
Hey fellow aussies!
rs1smile.gif

I had no idea that a meet in Sydney was being organised, if I'd know this earlier I would have organised something...
I'm thinking I might be able to host the meet at our place...as long as my MRS doesn't mind!
Nothing certain yet...I'll let everyone know as things pan out over the week. BTW, I'm situated in the inner west of Sydney, only 15 mins from the city. Also only few mins from the station, so transport shouldnt be an issue.

That sounds pretty spiffy chungsoi, check with the MRS to make sure it's okay and get back to us.

What days are everyone free? I should be good for the coming Friday(24th) or Saturday(25th), or Sat + Sun the weekend after.

Jun 19, 2005 at 5:29 AM Post #23 of 223
going though exams at the moment and it finishes on the 27th (a think a few people are going though exams at the moment) i work on thursdays / sat / sundays
frown.gif

Jun 19, 2005 at 10:43 PM Post #25 of 223
hey guys..

So far it's all good!
biggrin.gif

I briefly mentioned the meet to my other half last night, and was shocked to see that she didn't really oppose of the idea...
eek.gif

There is one condition however - I'm only available on Sat.
tongue.gif

At the moment, still nothing concrete yet so I guess it would be a good idea to continue collecting interest and maybe confirm an actual date for the meet. I'll be going away on a skip trip in July, so the best time will be during August.

Just out of curiosity: Has there ever been a headphone meet in Sydney, let alone AUS?

Jun 22, 2005 at 12:51 PM Post #29 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny12
i tried to orginise one before but it feel though
frown.gif
i wish you could orginise it on a weekday though >< got work on sat / sun

We definitely need to hold one this time
tongue.gif

And yeah, a weekend meet would be much more convenient for most people methinks, though if we set a date a good month ahead or so people should be able to shuffle their schedules around enough to make it happen.

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:08 PM Post #30 of 223
Man im in Canberra but i'd come up for a meet without hesitation. I aint got much to bring(HD-270 + maybe a cmoy or two lol), having just started my wallet draining adventures, but i'll rock up with a slab(heh) and have a chat with everyone for sure if its on.

Besides, would give me a good chance to chose between the w1000 and the hd600
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back