Sydney meet 20/10
Oct 16, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #166 of 188
Would be great to have some details on how to get there - especially the location of the building within the Uni (for those of us who didn't bother with a tertiary education
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #167 of 188
The meet is on 10am to 4pm on the 20th of this month, which is this coming Saturday. The location is room 301B in the UNSW library.

The library is the tallest building on campus with the big white UNSW letters on the top, you can't miss it. There is a campus map here, the library is ref E21, and the entrance is on the north side, so approach from the library lawn.

Oct 17, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #170 of 188
Yeah, anyone can go into the library...Just go up the stairs on the left, and the study room should be straight ahead...It's very small, but it think we should be able to fit...

Oh, I don't think i'll be bringing the turntable-unless we have some vinyl guys out there? I can't get the thing aligned, need to print off a protractor and get the suspension right...

Oct 18, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #171 of 188
Justin,
I actually was quite keen to hear that TT - looks like I can probably make it.
Have to check out the parking details first (if I can get past there B4hand) or maybe someone knows what the charges are like?
I could bring a few LPs or even an Era Gold phono stage if wanted.
My new Solo is burning in ATM and should be good to go with your TT.
Could probably bring a CDP if needed - not flash - modded Marantz 52 SE.
Also have HFNRR test and setup LP which can be handy for TT setup.
cheers,
Tony

Oct 18, 2007 at 9:06 AM Post #173 of 188
I got a couple of lossless file on my laptop that i'm pretty interested in trying it with a DAC/AMP (like an ibasso D1) if anyone is willing to share it with me
biggrin.gif

Here is the listing of the lossless stuff that i got that should be a pretty good reference audio to try with:
Ultrasone sample CD (I believe most of them are binaural recordings)
Marantz audiphile test cd [comes from SACD but unfortunately i can only rip it from it's normal cd layer]
Andrea Bocelli - Romanza [XRCD]
FIM - This is K2 HD Sound ! [K2 HD]

Oct 18, 2007 at 11:58 AM Post #174 of 188
Wow, sum1 can I get those lossless files off you? I'll be bring my musiland DAC. It's got USB input. Hope that helps.

Oct 18, 2007 at 12:34 PM Post #175 of 188
One of the suspension towers is stuck...I need someone strong to get it undone! Also the drive belt won't attach to the pulley, I have a feeling it is a bit too large...Arghh vinyl...

Oct 18, 2007 at 1:56 PM Post #176 of 188
hey guys i might drop by but i wont stay for long, exams coming up ><

does anyone want to buy a zhaolau dac version 1.3 with powersupply and clock upgrads? ($120 if anyone wants it at the meet)

Oct 18, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #177 of 188
So people gonna pop up around 10pm? and what will we do for 6 hours?
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #178 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by tz3ling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, sum1 can I get those lossless files off you? I'll be bring my musiland DAC. It's got USB input. Hope that helps.

Yeah sure no problem. Looks like you have a nice set of headphone that i like to have a listen to anyway
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So people gonna pop up around 10pm? and what will we do for 6 hours?
biggrin.gif

I'm curious about this as well. When are people going to popup. 10am might be a bit early for me especially on a weekend but i still like to have a listen to as much gear as i can
icon10.gif

Oct 18, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #180 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by sum1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wondering. What do you guys do to safely transport the headphones? Did u just use the boxes that it came with?

Yep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back