Sydney meet 20/10
Sep 18, 2007 at 12:13 PM Post #107 of 188
Sure thing, any room in particular though? And out of curiosity, would it cost much?

Also what times are we looking from/until?

I'll make some enquiries tomorrow with student guild, maybe e-spot tomorrow (wednesday).

Sep 18, 2007 at 12:30 PM Post #108 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by yobs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure thing, any room in particular though? And out of curiosity, would it cost much?

Also what times are we looking from/until?

I'll make some enquiries tomorrow with student guild, maybe e-spot tomorrow (wednesday).

Just read through the thread again, and @ $25/hr for roundhouse, 10-5 tahts about $175 initial dish out. Don't mind too much, provided people come and pay $15 or so to cover it.

I'm gonna try see if we can book a room through student guild tho. *Might* be able to score a free room
smily_headphones1.gif

ps. I'm thinking if people are bringing power supply stuff, bringing surge protectors should be kept in mind
wink.gif

Sep 18, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #109 of 188
Yeah, i think you should be able to work something out...Thanks alot for organizing this! I've been so lazy this time around..

Sep 19, 2007 at 12:23 PM Post #110 of 188
Second that - many thanks yobs, without a room it would all be quite difficult!

I have had confirmed that I will receive my Macbook pro tomorrow (not the least bit excited
smily_headphones1.gif
) so will try to sort my sh17 out between now and then and get some lossless audio and the like on board for comparison. If anyone has particular lossless files they would like to test out - either upload them to somewhere bother free (as in not rapidshare - perhaps mediafire or cheapfilehost.com) and I will download and bring along, or just bring on the day I guess...

I would still love to see/hear a DAC1 if possible... so if anyone is able to oblige... pretty please...

Sep 20, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #111 of 188
I've got a Macbook Pro as well...Get bootcamp on there and load up foobar; it's 100000x better than Itunes...

Sep 20, 2007 at 10:38 AM Post #112 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got a Macbook Pro as well...Get bootcamp on there and load up foobar; it's 100000x better than Itunes...

Will probably run foobat via parallels, but yes... I plan to have it avaliable!

Sep 26, 2007 at 9:26 AM Post #113 of 188
Hey fellers, are there any old farts going (like over 45) ? - I am half interested but would not like to be "odd man out" - have ATH W1000 maybe new Solo (if it arrives)

Sep 26, 2007 at 10:54 AM Post #114 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Duck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey fellers, are there any old farts going (like over 45) ? - I am half interested but would not like to be "odd man out" - have ATH W1000 maybe new Solo (if it arrives)

I'm no Uni student but would still consider myself young (at least at heart!). Not over 45 yet, though. However, as has been said elsewhere..."Age does bring some wisdom, I think, and an appreciation of each day and each moment of music...I've had a pretty good life so far and this week have been reminded of the centrality of music which, perhaps aptly, is ageless." (http://changingminds.org/blog/0610blog/061016blog.htm).

Bring yourself along, Black Duck. Whether it's due to our ages, stages in life, whatever, we'll all be looking to learn from one another regardless. And I'm sure you'll enjoy exploring alongside your fellow Head-Fi-ers in real life, as opposed to just electronically through these forums.
icon10.gif

Sep 29, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #118 of 188
What exactly are we doing? Selling and Buying headphones? I wouldn't mind getting a cheap second hand ones off someone..
Where exactly at UNSW? What time on October 20?

Sep 30, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #119 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What exactly are we doing? Selling and Buying headphones? I wouldn't mind getting a cheap second hand ones off someone..
Where exactly at UNSW? What time on October 20?

We listen to music on gears that everyone brings in. A good way of trying out new gears without having to go through the buy-and-resell cycles that can drain your wallet and time. You get to meet, chat, etc, with fellow head-fiers too (which is an otherwise unlikely scenario outside in the normal world
wink.gif
). To a lesser degree, the meet is less about trading headphones but if you are looking for a pair, try advertising a WTB here and mention if you can do the trade in the meet.

Cheers!

Sep 30, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #120 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone booked the room yet?

This anyone was unable to do so last time
frown.gif
. Was too busy at work to swing by uni. I was speaking to one of the society presidents, don't think we'll be able to get a room for free @ UNSW, so i'll be calling and enquiring at roundhouse (or maybe even blockhouse? I believe they have some nicer rooms... just unsure if they're open weekends) about room hiring instead. I'll call this tuesday.

Also:

WTB - Alessandro MS2(i)s
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back