Sydney Head-fi Meet Impressions (26/10/2008)
Jan 30, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #496 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by triode12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I have had a "good" experience with an Ebay txn paid using Paypal just a month ago. I got back all of what I paid for it except for the return postage($50). The item was not as described.

Did you pay using Paypal or by other means?

yep paid via paypal

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #497 of 559
Never dealt with that eBayer before but file for a dispute via Paypal. eBay owns Paypal anyways.
tongue.gif

Feb 2, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #499 of 559
RE2 = pretty good.

They arrived yesterday and have had a little listen to them. They are pretty bass light, but after a bit of a listen I don't think it's any less than what I'm used to with my ATs or Alessandros. The soundstage surprised me, it's pretty big and not what I'd expect, at least after my experience with not so great ear buds. They also have a good amount of detail and are quite airy as well, although I did notice some sibilance with some music, especially cymbal crashes, they really really splash.

I haven't used IEMs before so don't have anything to compare to for isolation, but I was happy with how they performed. I was listening in the back room / kitchen at home and couldn't hear anyone talking at all. I'll see how they go on the bus on Thursday (I have to leave the car at the garage for a service).

All up, I'd say I'm pretty happy with my purchase and they will serve me well on the bus trips to uni and when I'm in the city. I think they're great for the price.

Feb 13, 2009 at 7:56 AM Post #501 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, Jeremy, you win. In the future, any time I feel the need for an upgrade, I'm just going to ask you what to buy
tongue.gif

The IE8's are fantastic. Soundstage, punch, layering... they're even not too bad on the comfort factor for an IEM, since they don't need to go very deep.

nice one :basks in eminent glory: ; I thought they would be perfect for you. not quite an iem, un-fatiguing, nice bass. senn sound sig. Very cool; really glad you like them. Now I just need to get mine
wink.gif

Feb 18, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #504 of 559
I'm in America till May, but as always, am working on a new rig...makes it so much easier living in America, I wish I brought my amp across

Feb 18, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #505 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by MilkyWay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok guys, whens the next one?

yeah talk kind-of fizzled out about that hey?? last mentioned was early july being a good time. everyone still with that?? If we are with that, we really should start to put things in motion as thats only just over 3 months away. also who would like to host qusp and his goodies for the night?? more than likely i'll be driving down this time and the amount of gear I will cart with me will be .....errrmm....more. I will have
amps
3 x lisa III standard
1 x lisa III XP,
3 x LLP PSU
pretty sure i'll have a valvecode
pico
maybe headcode too, yes I have been talking with Brad. depends on whether the production schedule takes a hit or not
sources
only have a gamma1 dac and that will be the order of the day for me; finding a suitable standalone home dac
iriver H120 H140(with any luck)
2 x DIYMOD with 2 x VCAP docks

to many cables to name

W3 (maybe not because i'll sell when I get my ES3X)
IE8
ES3X (yes i'm taking the plunge and have already been speaking with Doug (powderhound) will be ordering in a few weeks but already told him when; **** phoenix, they screwed me on my UM56 replacement and they dont have anyone to do impressions anyway;l even if I did want to pay the stupid money they would charge me for ES3X here.
woodied MD2000 with jena recable (basically a DIY LA2000)
thats it at this stage, but i'll sure that will change by then, maybe another fullsize can

was thinking UE10 instead of ES3X, but I like the westone house sound more and from a couple of reports so far they beat UE11 in neutrality and midrange detail, no mid-bass hump to speak, but better extension than W3, tighter and lower while having slightly less of it. also better extension in the highs while remaining enjoyable. HMMM that was enough to sell me. i like my W3 with UM56, but there are a few caveats as per usual and these improvements seem to be just what i'm looking for. also they have a higher impedance so I can remove the impedance adapter from the equation when using my lisa. so the W3 and probably the replacement SE530 will be going up for sale. I will see if I still proceed with IE8, but probably will as they should be different enough to the ES3X to remain useful for some music. So it sounds like the ES3X is more like what the UE11 could have been if they didnt go for mass appeal and over-do the bass

Feb 18, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #506 of 559

Feb 19, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #507 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah talk kind-of fizzled out about that hey?? last mentioned was early july being a good time. everyone still with that?? If we are with that, we really should start to put things in motion as thats only just over 3 months away. also who would like to host qusp and his goodies for the night?? more than likely i'll be driving down this time and the amount of gear I will cart with me will be .....errrmm....more. I will have
amps
3 x lisa III standard
1 x lisa III XP,
3 x LLP PSU

Yep so I'm guessing that you'll be putting them lisa's up at raffle?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #508 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by MilkyWay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep so I'm guessing that you'll be putting them lisa's up at raffle?
very_evil_smiley.gif

actually I was just thinking of giving them away to the first 4 people through the door
tongue.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #509 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually I was just thinking of giving them away to the first 4 people through the door
tongue.gif

[size=xx-large]STAMPEDE[/size]

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #510 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=xx-large]STAMPEDE[/size]

No chance.

On that basis I'll host the meet at my place and have my wife and two sons waiting to take delivery.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back