Sydney Head-fi Meet Impressions (26/10/2008)
Mar 8, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #526 of 559
I guess not
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #528 of 559
When are you guys planning to have another meet? I'm thinking of coming to Australia mid-August during my Summer break (remember I'm above the equator when you read that) and could bring some Stax and maybe some other gear.

Apr 1, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #529 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh looks like i'm going to have a Zana Deux at the next meet :p

Well that's likely to be an expensive experience for the rest of us now isn't it...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #530 of 559
Quote:

Heh looks like i'm going to have a Zana Deux at the next meet :p

Very nice, can’t wait to wrap my ears around that! Your full of surprises Justin.

Apr 1, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #532 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whenever someone gets around to organising one

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #535 of 559
wow, nice one; Zana Deux, STAX, beta22

well I have some more killer portable too. just got a D10 and running it iHP 120 > sysconcept optical >D10 > Jena/cryo silver mini 2 silver bullet RCA > Lisa III > headphones
biggrin.gif
. apart from HP upgrade (ES3X) I dont know where I can go with portable from here. and I think i'm actually getting some serious sound quality that really does compete with some home gear. Just running the iriver to D10 is hard to beat value wise. only paid $120USD for the iriver so the whole rig minus HP is less than $400 for transport/DAC/AMP and even without the lisa in the chain its got some serious performance going on. I think youde be hard pressed to find a better value even with a home rig. of course it (D10) wont drive fullsize headphones to potential, but IEM's or small portable heaphones no problem. even if you DIY it would be a hardask the DAC section is as good or perhaps even better than the pico ad the amp with AD746 is great too. even in stock for its really nice. running it amp only I dont miss my pico (sold to buy the D10)

so i'm really looking forward to the meet Covenant ....jk
tongue.gif
but seriously I guess its getting close to time to starting to get it organized. or at least sussing out venues or finalizing a date

Apr 1, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #536 of 559
I could probably organize something at the UNSW library in June? We couldn't take as many people as at covenants office, but it would be easy to organize

Apr 2, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #537 of 559
Quote:

I could probably organize something at the UNSW library in June? We couldn't take as many people as at covenants office, but it would be easy to organize

That's the problem, I expect attendees for the next meet to at least match the last one, judging by interest.

Apr 2, 2009 at 7:40 AM Post #538 of 559
I'm gonna miss the next meet anyways if it's in June/July. Parents are coming over from Malaysia. Lol. Oh well. So Covenant. What are your impressions of the IE8 compared to your HD600's?

Apr 2, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #539 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So Covenant. What are your impressions of the IE8 compared to your HD600's?

Bass slam is better on the IE8's, in fact the IE8 bass is almost on Ed9 levels. Soundstage on the IE8 is good, but not HD600-good.

If the HD600 was a ballerina, you could turn her into an IE8 by dressing her in a corset and making her poledance. She's suddenly so much more gripping to watch, and yet, lacks some of her former grace and finesse.

Apr 3, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #540 of 559
Hmm. Means it should still have the Senny sound I suppose. Intriguing. I suppose I'll get the AT's CK10 just for variety. Lol. I'm getting annoyed with carrying an amp everywhere for my ER4S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back