Sydney (Australia) meet on Sunday December 19, 2010
Dec 11, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #77 of 98
Happen to be in Sydney and just across this thread. Can I join? Dont have anything but Shure 535 with me due to travel.

Dec 12, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #79 of 98
Mogs: you are welcome to come. There is no requirement to bring gear to a meet. Many people attend just so they can try headphones etc. that they otherwise wouldn't have an opportunity to.

Dec 13, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #80 of 98
Hello,

Please forgive this newbie for asking the question. What are the security arrangements at Head-Fi meets? We have many expensive and portable gears on the day, and many new and unknown people present (myself included). I think there will have a lot more people than the previous Blue Mountain meet.

Since Head-Fi is an open forum, anybody can copy Vincent's office address, show up on Sunday, and "accidentally" walk away with a few choice equipments while everybody is admiring the exotica.

I think we should at least write down people's name, address and mobile as they come in (the roll to be shredded at the end), and be careful of people leaving early. Perhaps every time a person is allowed to leave, s/he must wait until everybody has a chance to account for their equipments? (This is to save the embrassment of doing a bag search.)

I am sorry for being paranoid, but I do not want this good day to turn into a nightmare. And if the worst does happen, I want to at least be able to tell the police the identify of everybody who are at the meet.

Bye,
Alvian.

Dec 14, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #81 of 98
I haven't heard of major security issues at meets. Name tags (or labels) might be good, especially as I have a hopeless memory. I'll try and remember to pick up some stickers here or after I arrive.  I don't think it requires anything as drastic as equipment checks or bag searches.  If everyone puts a label of some kind on their headphones and whatnot, that might be a good idea.

Dec 14, 2010 at 6:23 AM Post #83 of 98
^ not my amp you won't 
bigsmile_face.gif
 I'll bring a can of beans for that purpose.

I would expect that rules of common sense and respectful treatment of each others gear is a given, i.e. don't touch unless offered or after asking.  At the end of the day, everyone is responsible for their own gear and each may apply the level of paranoia deemed necessary at their own discretion.

I'm far less worried about any participants stealing my gear than leaving it in the car after the gig while hunting for supper.

Enter at your own risk :wink:

Dec 14, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #85 of 98
Guys the address is :

2  Bulletin Place Sydney - Google maps shows it fairly well

best entrance is near the after hours glass door adjacent to the large revolving glass doors

Contact phone no for access if no-one is on the door : 8264 2488

The "no parking" are out front means you can stop and unload there legally

Street parking or parking in the Opera House car park would be my recommendation

cheers

Dec 15, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #86 of 98
Is that the newish, glass-fronted building next to (behind) Export house?

Dec 17, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #87 of 98
Hi yes the one behind/adjoining export house. It is the only one with a revolving glass door. 

cheers - Vincent

Dec 18, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #89 of 98
I drove up to Sydney today... managed to do it in less than 6 hours which was good considering I'm on my P's. 
Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

EDIT: What time did we settle on again?

Dec 18, 2010 at 7:04 AM Post #90 of 98
Guys - Hi

10:30 am Sunday - I have just flown back to Sydney Sat night so need time to get organised Sunday am !

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back