** SYD MEET SAT MAR 24TH 12:00 AT UNSW CAMPUS **
Mar 14, 2007 at 10:03 AM Post #91 of 118
If I hadn't just gotten to China I'd be there
mad.gif
Have fun fellas!

Mar 14, 2007 at 12:08 PM Post #92 of 118
I'm interested in coming to the Sydney meet as well. If there's is still space available, please pm me the details. Many thanks.

I'll bring my proline 2500, ue superfi pro 5 and original master.

Mar 14, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #93 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lad27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How's parking/access to the campus? I've been there for my daughter graduation, remember boom gates from ANZAC Parade. Could we drive in, or have to park on the street?
There is map in Gregory's directory, not sure though how to get in.

Cheers,

Lad

It's best if you could park on the streets to avoid paying for parking inside uni - you can park on Anzac Parade (Uni side) on the bus lanes if you leave before 3pm, or the other side (bus stop/NIDA side) which is unlimited parking after 10am. High Street (Race course side) has unlimited parking if you can find space, otherwise you will have to find parking on Barker Street's side streets, although take note some have time restrictions.

Cheers,
Stephen

Mar 16, 2007 at 9:28 AM Post #94 of 118
Actually just went to uni today and the bus lanes on uni side are 3pm - 7pm on Monday and Fridays only, as well as most time limited parking on side streets. So feel free to park anywhere near uni as there should be no time restrictions for most of them on weekends.

Mar 17, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #95 of 118
I don't think I can get to the meet next Saturday, but I'm happy to offer my gear up for people to try out but it would require someone picking it up from Newtown in the morning and dropping back in the arvo.

I have:
Fubar II DAC
Cute Beyond w Supplier power supply.
Supermini3 (with Solid Tube op amp)
Red Wine Audio modded iPod
Beyer DT-250 (250)s

PM me if you guys are interested.

Mar 18, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #96 of 118
Does anyone going have any DIY experience? I think I've figured out the problem with the Millet...

Mar 18, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #97 of 118
Hi,
everyone will need to bring powerboards and extension cables. There are not many power outlets in the room.
Justin

Mar 19, 2007 at 11:07 AM Post #99 of 118
I'm considering joining up. What gears will be coming to the meets? I probably can offer to bring some of my cans (most likely the K340) and the Gilmore Lite LE. Can I expect to have plenty of available cables there or should I bring my own?

It would help if the OP or one of the initial posters to compile a list of it so we won't all have to trudge through pages and pages. Oh, time and location will be great too.
biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Mar 19, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #100 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone going have any DIY experience? I think I've figured out the problem with the Millet...

Depends on what it is, I could probably help.

Mar 20, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #101 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lad27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depends on what it is, I could probably help.

I think a cable has just gone lose and needs to be soldered back on..

Mar 20, 2007 at 8:42 AM Post #102 of 118
So is everyone ok to bring powerboards and extension cords? There are only 2 plugs in each room.

Mar 20, 2007 at 10:03 AM Post #103 of 118
Juz,

I'll bring some powerboards and extension cords and a soldering iron in case we can quickly repair your Millet before too many get there. I hope to get there around 12.30pm to allow some set-up time and then warm-up time for the Stax Amp and the electrostatic headphones.
lambda.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So is everyone ok to bring powerboards and extension cords? There are only 2 plugs in each room.

Mar 20, 2007 at 10:44 AM Post #104 of 118
There's some darn awesome hardware on this meet. I am seriously looking forward to this.

Thanks to d-cee (David), we'll have a second Heed Canamp at the meet. I will be picking this up on Thursday. I'll ask d-cee if he can list down all the mods he has done on the amp
smily_headphones1.gif

I've run out of time getting an RS1 though
frown.gif
. It doesn't look like there's any new available in Oz at the moment, and no one willing to sell second hand that can make it in time for the meet. Maybe next time...

Mar 21, 2007 at 7:39 AM Post #105 of 118
I have a sent a final confirmation PM out, please reply to it.

If you intend to come to the meet, please PM me, Justin or Kroolism and we will provide you the details

Cheers
Stephen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back