Swallowed to death by cables!
Oct 28, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #18 of 24
People need to make a universal wireless adapter, so that EVERYTHING can be wireless, from your external HDs, to daps, including your monitor. So everything is seperate, all you have to do is plug in your tower and go....

Oct 28, 2007 at 10:40 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People need to make a universal wireless adapter, so that EVERYTHING can be wireless, from your external HDs, to daps, including your monitor. So everything is seperate, all you have to do is plug in your tower and go....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1965

wirelessDM0806_468x700.jpg

i attempted a home made version, using the coil from a shake torch, but the magnet would only seem to, at random power up a battery powered optical mouses led
mad.gif
...need more power!

Oct 28, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #20 of 24
I... don't know about that... there's a reason why professionals say pregnant women and hospitals shouldn't be near power lines for fear of birth defects...

Oct 28, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalldämpfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I... don't know about that... there's a reason why professionals say pregnant women and hospitals shouldn't be near power lines for fear of birth defects...

agreed, i think thats more to do with radiation from microwaves, cellular and power stations where its highly concentrated

a watered down home install for domestic use using electro-magnetic is harm free, as magnetic fields arent reputed for problesm, but i agree with your cautious sentiments, as only long term exposure can tell.

Oct 28, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
agreed, i think thats more to do with radiation from microwaves, cellular and power stations where its highly concentrated

a watered down home install for domestic use using electro-magnetic is harm free, as magnetic fields arent reputed for problesm, but i agree with your cautious sentiments, as only long term exposure can tell.

Electromagnetic fields strong enough to couple the power needs for desk lamps, laptops, & etc. would be FAR STRONGER than the EM fields one is subjected to living in the vicinity of High Tension power lines, and frankly far higher than the leaked power emitted by any microwave oven on the market as well.

Oct 28, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Electromagnetic fields strong enough to couple the power needs for desk lamps, laptops, & etc. would be FAR STRONGER than the EM fields one is subjected to living in the vicinity of High Tension power lines, and frankly far higher than the leaked power emitted by any microwave oven on the market as well.

true, but EM is not harmful like the other types mentioned (not known to be). we are exposed to multiple low level EM fields in daily life, they are present in a lot of electrical devices scattered around the home.

all it would be doing is creating a centralized field.

i assume the reasearchers involved in the system have to have it ratified and tested and deemed safe by the proper regulators in this country.

the question about if it proves harfmul in the long terms is another story.

be nice though something like that, means i could create some kind of amplification antenna to draw the energy waves from a neighbour, and get free power, kind of like wardiving for power
blink.gif

Oct 29, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i assume the reasearchers involved in the system have to have it ratified and tested and deemed safe by the proper regulators in this country.

I think it's safer to assume that they haven't considered (allowed themselves to be distracted by) that aspect of power transmission yet. Viva Tesla!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back