SW-Xcape version 2 updated impressions
Mar 2, 2011 at 1:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mdwright1032

New Head-Fier
After 30 hours burnin here is my thoughts.  Using sansa clip+ rockboxed

#1. I have had tons of headphones and hate those silicone tips they give you with them. The xcapes is no different.  What I did it took the rubberized tips that came with my Sennheiser CX 500's and they work perfectly with the sunrise earphones.

#2. After the 8 hour mark they really opened up.  When I first got them they were kinda boomy and the  for lack of a better word dull.

#3. After 30+ hours the bass is really nice and you can hear the whole spectrum of music.  I agree with most posters here that they are very neutral and fun to listen too.

#4.  The build quality is very good. Aluminum ear pieces, a rubberized cord (very little noise), and the y cable and plug feel very solid.

I would give them a 8.5/10.  Way above the Sennheiser cx 500's and above the Klipsch s4's.

Any other questions I will try to answer.

Mar 2, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #2 of 10
I'm having a hard time deciding between these and the Re-Zeros. I'm a metalhead, but also love electronic, classical, prog rock...

does anyone have any idea which would be better suited to large amounts of guitar distortion/constant percussion like you find in extreme metal, and also able to handle the other genres?

Mar 2, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #3 of 10
I'm having a hard time deciding between these and the Re-Zeros. I'm a metalhead, but also love electronic, classical, prog rock...

does anyone have any idea which would be better suited to large amounts of guitar distortion/constant percussion like you find in extreme metal, and also able to handle the other genres?

I prefeer a "fun" sound for those genres, i really want to hear the bassline through the whole song.

Mar 2, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #4 of 10
You probably can't go wrong with either.
The ver. 2 SW-Xcape may be a bit bassier than RE-ZERO from other posts I've read, so you will probably like the Xcape a bit better.

Mar 2, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #6 of 10
I'm not that into (excess) bass, at least for metal, because I listen to a lot that has intricate rhythm and it sometimes muddies the experience. For other genres it's good. Thanks for the input!

Mar 2, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #7 of 10
They isolate very well.  This is of course that you put the right tips on to fit your ear.

The bass is fantastic.  The sennheiser cx series often has overkill on the bass.  The sunrises is much more full and clear.

Mar 2, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #8 of 10
You won't get lots of bass with the Xcape, I think.  ZERO gets described often as "bass-light" to begin with.  I find it to have just a bit less than its brother, RE0, which gets described as very "bass-light" as well.  I don't agree, especially with RE0, but that's just what they say.  Then the Xcape is a bit bassier, purportedly.

For a bassy signature that is never muddy, Turbine Pro Copper is awesome.

Mar 4, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #9 of 10
Around 50 hours and very very impressed.

#1.  There is a lot of bass in the Sunrise Xcape version 2.  It actually is much better then my sennheisers and is not muddy at all.  Very clean tight bass and good highs.

I am using a simple eq on my rockboxed sansa clip.  I have the bass at 8 and the trebel at 6.  This creates a balanced sound that is slightly on the bassy side which is what I like. 

Mar 4, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #10 of 10
Still burning mine in so will not comment on the sound. I do hate the L/R indicators though. They are miniscule, plus being the same color as the background makes them impossible to tell apart without proper lighting and probably some squinting even then. Don't really like the I plug as well but that's just personal preference. I did have a very different experience with the provided tip then the OP though. Love those tips. They seal really easily like the Sony Hybrids and are so much more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back