SW-Xcape v2 vs. A151 vs. PL-50 vs. M2 vs. CC51
Mar 7, 2011 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Pedro H.

Head-Fier
Yes, there are a lot of options.
cool.gif

Sunrise SW-Xcape version 2, Meelectronics A151 and CC51, Soundmagic PL-50 (I am amazed for its comfortable appearance) and Brainwavz M2.
I simply have no idea of what would be the best option for me.
I'm not gonna amp the IEM; and I listen to almost everything. I'd like something a bit bassy, though.
Preferentially not more than $100 shipped to Brazil and must not be very fragile.
Any other models under this description? Which one of these would be the best one for me?
Please, help me... Thank you!

Mar 9, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #4 of 15
I would say the x-scape(everyone seems to love it) or m1/m2
m1 is a great value

Mar 9, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #6 of 15
I've personally tried the A151 (own them) and CC51 (loaned them) off this list. The A151 are simply out of this world when it comes to comfort. Love the sound - brilliant clarity, speed and very well defined bass. The CC51s have great bass, mids and good treble for the price. Both are definitely worth the $75-80 that they command.

I personally like the A151's slightly more than the CC51's (maybe because I own them?) - the cable, the build, and the sound are all as per my liking. So my vote goes to them, and then to the CC51s in that order. If you're a basshead who loves clear, non-muddy sound you will appreciate the CC51s a lot, and will enjoy them thoroughly.

Mar 9, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #7 of 15

Quote:
m1 are one of the worst earphones i have ever heard ..

wow, really? why?

Quote:
I've personally tried the A151 (own them) and CC51 (loaned them) off this list. The A151 are simply out of this world when it comes to comfort. Love the sound - brilliant clarity, speed and very well defined bass. The CC51s have great bass, mids and good treble for the price. Both are definitely worth the $75-80 that they command.

I personally like the A151's slightly more than the CC51's (maybe because I own them?) - the cable, the build, and the sound are all as per my liking. So my vote goes to them, and then to the CC51s in that order. If you're a basshead who loves clear, non-muddy sound you will appreciate the CC51s a lot, and will enjoy them thoroughly.

Yeah, comfort is very important to me... It's good to see that the A151 is comfortable too!

Any other opinions?

Mar 9, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #8 of 15
yeah I'm surprised by the m1 comment too, I've auditioned a lot of IEM's in the last 6 months and the m1 is a solid all around performer thats well build and has a good cord.  Good bass, good mids, decent treble.   I've heard it eq's very well and so you can bend it to your will :wink:

but everyone hears things differently

be sure and check out jokers reviews

Mar 10, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #9 of 15

Quote:
yeah I'm surprised by the m1 comment too, I've auditioned a lot of IEM's in the last 6 months and the m1 is a solid all around performer thats well build and has a good cord.  Good bass, good mids, decent treble.   I've heard it eq's very well and so you can bend it to your will :wink:

but everyone hears things differently

be sure and check out jokers reviews

Yeah, I checked Joker's reviews, they are awesome, but I'd just like to listen to some more opinions...
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #10 of 15

Quote:
I would say the x-scape(everyone seems to love it) or m1/m2
m1 is a great value

I second that. If you like that "Latin" sound too, you may want iems that will give you a full appreciation of the instruments without the bass masking anything. The bass is not overpowering on the Sunrise SW-xcape ver2, but sufficient to let you know it's part of the balanced presentation. Go to Bugden Audio as they took less than two weeks to get me mine. Some people have also suggested the Head Direct RE0 as an alternative if you want more bass detail. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back