Suspicion arising from transaction (resolved)
Feb 16, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #16 of 53
I am in Canada as well. Tracking is available depending on the type of shipping you use.

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #17 of 53
USPS has something called a "Custom's Number." Its basically the label that you sign and fill out when you send any international package (even firstclass mail). The customs number will tell you when you send the package to the post office, when it gets to the customs office, and when it leaves. Aside from that nothing else -that's the reason why it's not really a tracking number. Tracking numbers give you day to day details (well usually day to day, sometimes USPS doesn't really have their act altogether) of your package including when it gets dropped off, when it leaves the post office, when its in the carrier's hands, whenever it lands in a new city etc... Regular firstclass and even priority mail do not come with any actual tracking numbers for USPS. Expressmail on the other hand does because it is actually done through FEDEX (but usually your spending close to fedex costs to send express mail so just use either fedex or ups for your peace of mind).

If you ever ship anything internationally, check your receipt from usps and there should be a "Label #" underneath the itemized bill. Use that at usps.com and that's the closest you can get to an international tracking number from usps.

Feb 16, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #18 of 53
I've never used tracking international since for the most part to actually get the tracking from USPS it makes paying for the shipping much more expensive so I just stay away from that. USPS also has never lost a package I've sent in the many years I've used it and find their tracking absolutely garbage. Lots of times the package arrived at the destination before tracking number was updated online. However that's something I make known to all international buyers before selling. That's also why when I do ship international it is usually someone with head-fi feedback unless what I'm selling isnt very expensive and wouldn't be a problem to refund if it came to that.

Regardless of tracking since that really isnt the important thing here but the lack of communication is not a good sign if whoever you bought it from has been online. That just raises suspicion that something's not right. Communication is one of the most if not the most important part of transactions (next to the actual payment ofc)here since it's done mostly by PM's.

Feb 16, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #19 of 53
Tracking is not an issue as far as I am concerned,but the total ignorance of the seller is.

I suggest when you recieve them that you mention this in the feedback forum.

If it was me and they have not arrived by the end of the week then a charge-back on the CC would be instigated.

Feb 17, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #20 of 53
I've used USPS priority international many times in the past and was always provided with a tracking number. If your shipment from the US is shipped using USPS first class international, then there's no real tracking but on the green custom form, there is this reference number in the form of "LC XXXXXXXXX US" that will indicate when it was accepted by the post office. It won't tell you which postal facility or when the package was being processed but will tell you that the post office had accepted the package with the date and time.

I've ordered a pair of earbuds from the US and here's the number LC535103857US.
You may try to paste it in "track and confirm" box at usps dot com.

Feb 17, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #21 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by ford2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tracking is not an issue as far as I am concerned,but the total ignorance of the seller is.

I suggest when you recieve them that you mention this in the feedback forum.

If it was me and they have not arrived by the end of the week then a charge-back on the CC would be instigated.

Will do.

I actually ordered a Nuforce HDP from Amazon last week and it was shipped out last Friday on the 12th using USPS Priority International to Canada with a tracking number format CJ XXX XXX XXX US. Both items are coming from California so if this Nuforce package gets to me before my item I bought from the seller here then I'll be really worried.

Feb 17, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #22 of 53
Just wondering, is it possible that the said item is being held by Canadian Customs? I've had a number of items shipped from the US over the years and quite often, they're held at UK customs for about a week before being released for delivery....

Feb 17, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #23 of 53
It is possible but in my experience they've only held my items for 1 or 2 days but I'll see if anything shows up this week. I'd rather not flood his PM box, if he chose to ignore my previous messages then he already gave me a message indirectly.

Feb 17, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #25 of 53
In canada, it's the postman who delivers the package to the receiver's house and also collects the fees otherwise he'll tell the receiver to go to nearest post office where he will drop the package off if the fee cannot be paid at the door.

Feb 17, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #26 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is possible but in my experience they've only held my items for 1 or 2 days but I'll see if anything shows up this week. I'd rather not flood his PM box, if he chose to ignore my previous messages then he already gave me a message indirectly.

oh wow you must be pretty lucky then or customs just like you. Whenever I've shipped to Canada customs usually delays my package 3-4 days minimum.

Feb 17, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #27 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's possible that he forgot to get tracking, or that he lost the tracking number. I ship a lot of things using USPS Shipping Assistant, and when you print off the label you get a half sheet with tracking info on it. I've lost that half sheet once or twice in my life, and once you lose it you can't get the tracking info back once it's sent. Who knows what the issue is with this guy but he should definitely communicate with you.

I use USPS Shipping Assistant as well and you can always see your shipments by opening the application and clicking on the "Review My Shipments" button at the top.

Feb 17, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #28 of 53
I shipped something Priority Mail from USA to Canada today, and even though I was told online that I could get "delivery confirmation" for .70¢, I was told at the PO that the only number I could get for tracking was on the customs form, which doesn't happen until it reaches customs, if at all IME.

It seems to be different for every country, and next time I ship international I am printing out the estimate and taking it with me to the PO!

Feb 17, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #29 of 53
i've sent boxes to hong kong(took 2 months,told 5-10 working days),london(got there 4 days ahead of time,actually gave me a delivery due date),canada pretty much right when the post office said it would arrive(about 1 week). from alabama absolutely no international tracking numbers available, only registered mail with a signature(no number though). the customs number does nothing but show it was taken in by local post office. called the customs number about hong kong box they almost laughed.
if you want to pay for ups or fedx they give you a tracking number but with a premium charge.

Feb 17, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #30 of 53
Not to respond to PM's when you are in the middle of a transaction is unethical and inconsiderate.
Make sure to mention the lack of communication on his feedback.
If you don't receive your purchase soon, post his name so we know who to avoid.
Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back