SURVIVOR: Head-Fi!
May 1, 2006 at 5:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

imho

500+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone, it's me IMHO!

Since I had SO much fun with the 'If you were to vote for the President of Head-Fi' thread, I have decided to start a NEW thread related to the popular TV series, 'SURVIVOR'.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor12/

Here are the RULES:

I. Every member of Head-Fi will have TEN (10) days beginning today (May 1, 2006) to nominate a candidate.

II. All nominated candidates HAVE to have at least ONE other person state "I second the nomination of (fill in name)".

III. The NOMINEE MUST 'publicly' accept the nomination in the thread.

IV. On May 10, 2006 (after the 10 day nomination period), I will post a 'poll' with the top TEN (10) Nominees.

V. ALL members of Head-Fi will have the opportunity to VOTE who will be the winner of 'SURVIVOR: Head-Fi' UPTO May 31, 2006.

VI. On June 1, 2006, the WINNER of 'SURVIVOR: Head-Fi' will be announced (well, the 'poll' will close) and will receive a ONE (1) day FREE rental certificate from HERTZ, complements of 'yours truly= IMHO' (I get these all the time, due to my rental frequency from them). Oh, btw, you get to PICK (hint, hint: a Mustang convertible, a Jag convertible, a Z350, a Hummer...) the car you rent and you have UNLIMITED mileage for the day or days (if you are planning to rent for the weekend).

VII. HERE's the catch: ALL mods. & Jude are EXCLUDED from being nominated. The only reason for the exclusion is that we ALL know them and we ALL like them. (If you don't, you shouldn't be reading this, for if it weren't for them, this forum would NOT exist...".

For those 'SURVIVOR' fans out there, we ALL KNOW that it is NOT a popularity contest, and often times, the MOST popular or strongest contestants get voted out early.

The top TEN (10) nominees ARE allowed to 'plug' or 'sell' themselves to the rest of the forum, thus swaying and earning more votes.

*Remember: the NOMINEES have to be well versed in 'headphones' and all other aspects of Head-Fi (i.e. music, amps, AV, portables...) and need to be a WELL-RESPECTED member of the Head-Fi community. Someone everyone looks up-to for advice, regardless of age, race, creed, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, wealth, education, marital status, physical appearance, etc, etc.

I just thought this would be safe fun.

May the smartest, wittiest and most deserving candidate win.

Have fun, fellow Head-Fiers!

May 1, 2006 at 5:46 AM Post #2 of 44
I was thinking of making a survivor show ourselves, the main idea is to send 10 people here to an isolated island and see them coping with the fact that there will be no headphones for 30 days.

Here's something you can expect to happen:

Day 1: 20 members arrive at a remote island, they are divided into two tribes. Voting starts: each time a member will be voted off based on the number of votes.

Day 5: First contest between two tribes, the topic is to give one reason and prove it to the other team that Bose headphones aren't worth a dime. The winner gets to listen Senneiser 650 for 1 minute, losing tribe are forced to wear Bose headphones for the next 24 hours.

Day 9: Second contest between two tribes, objective: there is a pair of AKG 701 hanging on the top of a palm tree, the first tribe successfully retrives the headphones in the shortest time gets to listen to them for 1 minute. The losing tribe are forces to draw Bose logo on their cheeks.

Day 13: One member draws a PPA schematic on sand beach and attach it to a sea shell

Day 18: Third contest between two tribes, the winning tribes gets to listen Grado RS-1 for 1 minute. losing tribe are forces to wear $5 sony headphones for the next 24 hours.

Day 20: Finally one tribe has decided to make a pair of headphones from plantations they can find on the island.

Day 21: One member gets naked.

Day 24: Fourth contest between two tribes, objective: making a headphone stand from plantations they can find on the island. The winning tribe gets the honor to hand place a pair AKG K1000 on the stand they made and observe (note: observe, not listen to) the glory for 1 minute. The losing team are forced to package 500 Bose headphones into manufacturer's boxes.

Day 28: Someone finally made a capacitor using coconut and dried anime skin, he chains the capacitor under his neck.

Day 29: a monkey stole the capacitor, the man chases the monkey until he encounters a group of cave men deep in the jungle trying to eat a business man alive, the man was so scared he passed out not because of the gruesome scene, because the businessman was wearing a pair of Bose headphones.

Day 30: The man wakes up and realizes the cave men encountered before was a group of people filming the latest Geico commercial.

May 1, 2006 at 5:54 AM Post #3 of 44
Jah-jah, what kind of DRUGS, r u on? I want some...btw, I LIKE SONY and BOSE...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
ROFLMAO!

May 1, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #4 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by imho
Jah-jah, what kind of DRUGS, r u on? I want some...

Uh . . . you serious? Cuz I like, know a guy. You ain't a popo right?

May 1, 2006 at 6:00 AM Post #5 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Uh . . . you serious? Cuz I like, know a guy. You ain't a popo right?

What the &*%$ is a "POPO"?

BTW, "Happy Birthday" Kiro, what now, 1 more year 'till you get to drink alcohol? *grin.

May 1, 2006 at 6:11 AM Post #6 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by imho
What the &*%$ is a "POPO"?

BTW, "Happy Birthday" Kiro, what now, 1 more year 'till you get to drink alcohol? *grin.

POPO = Pissed Off Police Officer.

And uh, what exactly are the challenges going to be?

And do the "contestants" have to starve themselves in real life, limited to only a Ramen diet? (although, there are members here already doing that.
tongue.gif
)

-Ed

May 1, 2006 at 6:31 AM Post #7 of 44
How about having "Tube" and "Solid State" tribes participating in a roundtable flamewar?

Anyhow, isn't anyone going to get nominated here?

May 1, 2006 at 6:33 AM Post #8 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik
How about having "Tube" and "Solid State" tribes participating in a roundtable flamewar?

Anyhow, isn't anyone going to get nominated here?

I think Edwood would like to get nominated...And, I am not allowed to nominate... that would be considered favoritism... (if I could, I would nominate...plead the 5th...actually Edwood's 'Bouncing Hammie' on his avatar).

May 1, 2006 at 6:42 AM Post #9 of 44
I nominate Edwood and Jahn so long as they dont get to post in the thread! Talk about inflicting pain.

May 1, 2006 at 6:50 AM Post #10 of 44
I nominate Amb and Morsel- so long as they post in this thread
wink.gif

May 1, 2006 at 6:52 AM Post #11 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
I nominate Edwood and Jahn so long as they dont get to post in the thread! Talk about inflicting pain.

That is just WRONG! roflmao! Besides, that would violate rule number III.

May 1, 2006 at 7:21 AM Post #12 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus

Funny thing is that Jahn is going to soon be isolated on an island with no internet access.
tongue.gif

-Ed

May 1, 2006 at 7:44 AM Post #14 of 44
OK, I guess I'm not reading imho's rules right, but what exactly are the contestants to do? There are no challenge events or anything?

So this is going to be nominated contestants that are up for voting by others, and the nominated contestants don't really do anything?

Or is imho going to ship off the contestants to an island?
tongue.gif

-Ed

May 1, 2006 at 7:55 AM Post #15 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
OK, I guess I'm not reading imho's rules right, but what exactly are the contestants to do? There are no challenge events or anything?

So this is going to be nominated contestants that are up for voting by others, and the nominated contestants don't really do anything?

Or is imho going to ship off the contestants to an island?
tongue.gif

-Ed

Simple: you have to prove to others "WHY" you should be the winner of 'SURVIVOR: Head-Fi' ...(i.e. how much you have contributed to Head-Fi in educating and posting...duh...http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/member.php?u=8266
as well as 'how good-looking you are...NOT...plus why you are every mod's 'favorite' and how your family has been eating 'ramen' for the past ten years, due to your spendings on headphones...http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ighlight=ramen
and how you have spent countless SLEEPLESS night...surprise, surprise...http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=152828
etc. etc. Ed (my fellow Korean bro. with the drop dead GORGEOUS wife: I think she is with you for your nice...Grados)...I STILL prefer to nominate your 'Bouncing Hammie' over you, LOL, although it gives me motion sickness...)

*Oh, btw, start packing your bags, 'coz U R going off to BOSE island, off the coast of SONY Ocean...

Head-Fi: "I wish I knew how to quit you..." from Brokegrado Mountain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back