Surprise TDK MT-300: $4.97 of AWESOME...
Dec 29, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #121 of 371
These have me curious about TDKs other offerings.

Proprietary Armature drivers in a new fan design. Getting rave reviews on Amazon Japan. Cost Around $60 it looks like. 2nd place best of show from Currawong. Might have to consider a purchase. TH-ECBA700

Mega bass TH-EC42BK.  Cheaper bass TDKs sold on Amazon Japan. Around $20 for these?

TH-ECXS250.  Even more TDKs we have never seen. Around $25 for these.

TH-EC301WYG..  $30.  Lol I haven't even posted all of em. The Japanese get all the cool stuff.

Dec 29, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #122 of 371
the ones that interest me are these things. Are they similar to a surround thing like the Phillips had? Sort of looks that way and I recall reading it somewhere.

TDK TH-EC300 BL CLEF-X 

$39

ceramic housing, braided tangle-free cable etc.  They really need to step up their ad campaigns.

eek.gif
the first one you linked there too i forgot all about them. Thanks for reminding me, I think, The model number TH-SEF201BK you provided appears to be for something else Dsnuts.

it is actually TH-ECBA700

Dec 29, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #123 of 371
I hate their Naming scheme. It is idiotic.. I can't for the life of me figure out why they went with

TH-EBK30000FDR Extra cheap ER--THbk000f. .  Lets roll some dice and call it that. Lol.

Dec 29, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #124 of 371
agreed their stuff is all over the map no real sense of incremental orderly model sets.  And it's not like there's only  a few either, they have LOTS of models, so many it's hard to keep track of.
Glad to have found these MT-300 though I hope it doesn't begin an onslaught of cheap excellent finds

Back from that minor derailment :) Looking forward to some more firsthand reviews.

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #125 of 371
These have me curious about TDKs other offerings.

Proprietary Armature drivers in a new fan design. Getting rave reviews on Amazon Japan. Cost Around $60 it looks like. 2nd place best of show from Currawong. Might have to consider a purchase. TH-ECBA700

Mega bass TH-EC42BK.  Cheaper bass TDKs sold on Amazon Japan. Around $20 for these?

TH-ECXS250.  Even more TDKs we have never seen. Around $25 for these.

TH-EC301WYG..  $30.  Lol I haven't even posted all of em. The Japanese get all the cool stuff.

I thought about buying the ECBA700 when I purchased my FXZ100 and Maxell hybrid DBA700 through Tenso but at the end I said to myself that I already have three single-BA IEM in my collection so I don't need another one:xf_eek:

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #126 of 371
Quote:
I hate their Naming scheme. It is idiotic.. I can't for the life of me figure out why they went with

TH-EBK30000FDR Extra cheap ER--THbk000f. .  Lets roll some dice and call it that. Lol.

Clearly their headphone division is Engineering led - this is what happens when you let Japanese engineers name the products:
wink_face.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #128 of 371
Quote:
Xscargo is out of stock DAMMMIT!

Keep looking! Even if you have to pay $20 on amazon, they are well worth it.

Dec 30, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #129 of 371
Damn, these just withstood a throw across the room by a very angry 5 year old like a champ. Very impressed. 

And foams really do wonders for the driver flex.

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #130 of 371
Quote:
Damn, these just withstood a throw across the room by a very angry 5 year old like a champ. Very impressed. 

Lol! Perfect durability tester!

Quote:
And foams really do wonders for the driver flex.

I know that with my R1's, when I push the right driver in my ear I get a crackling/popping sound. I thought that was driver flex. But I don't get any of that at all with the tdk's, so maybe I don't really know what driver flex is.

Regarding the foams, I use them on iem's where I want/need to tone down the treble (such as the jvc fx40's or fxc70's), and the side benefit seemed to be that the bass was increased. I am surprised that the foams don't increase the bass too much on these puppies!

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #131 of 371
I posted the below in the fxz100/200 thread, but it might be of some interest to tdk-heads as well because the point really was that I like how these tdk mt300's respond to this sub-bass test:

Quote:

That is a cool sub-bass test track - thanks!

Observations:
S500 = Lots of sub-bass. Almost too much!
Uptowns = Lots of sub-bass. Enjoyable.
Tdk mt300's + mh1c medium tips = Quite a lot of sub-bass. Could feel it, but still pretty tight. Enjoyable. Yet another reason I like these cheapies so much.
Tdk mt300's + mh1c large tips =  Whoa - lots of sub-bass. Almost too much, but still sounds cool (I think I'll have to try for a while with these tips again).
Sony xba3's = Could feel the sub-bass a little bit.
Sony mh1c's + mh1c medium tips = Could feel the sub-bass a little bit (not much).
Sony mh1c's + mh1c large tips = Quite a lot of sub-bass, but looser/boomier than mt300's (with either tips).
Brainwavz r1's + large r1 tips = Not too much sub-bass.
Brainwavz r1's + large mh1c tips = Fair amount of sub-bass. Enjoyable.
Jvc fxd70's = Couldn't really feel it at all.
Jvc fxz100/200's = Sadly, I just don't know!
frown.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #132 of 371
Quote:
I know that with my R1's, when I push the right driver in my ear I get a crackling/popping sound. I thought that was driver flex. But I don't get any of that at all with the tdk's, so maybe I don't really know what driver flex is.

Regarding the foams, I use them on iem's where I want/need to tone down the treble (such as the jvc fx40's or fxc70's), and the side benefit seemed to be that the bass was increased. I am surprised that the foams don't increase the bass too much on these puppies!

Nope, that sounds like driver flex. Must be the tips I'm using (Hybrids). They give a weird suction effect at times, which can augment perceived driver flex. 

Trim the tips off the foams (unless you have those yellow Shure foams), the treble damping is greatly lessened. Nothing but pure enjoyment with these! I think they take EQ (except in the lower mids) much better than the Philips, FXD40s, or the Monos. Might be time to let go of the JVCs and 8320 to create the ultimate budget IEM combo (VC02/MT300 + Clip Zip + 64GB microSD). 

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #133 of 371
Quote:
Xscargo is out of stock DAMMMIT!

Hmm.. all stores show some stock.  That seems to be the "party line" of the underpaid staff when stuff isn't on the shelves - this one time someone else asked a staff about some chairs and they said the same thing, even going so far as to say "the website isn't accurate"... how can you lose 33 headphones?  The Vancouver store by me has shown 33 in stock for the past week and a half.  It's a waiting game... waiting for the night staff to come across the TDK box and open it and put them on the shelf!

Quote:
Tdk mt300's + mh1c medium tips = Quite a lot of sub-bass. Could feel it, but still pretty tight. Enjoyable. Yet another reason I like these cheapies so much.
Tdk mt300's + mh1c large tips =  Whoa - lots of sub-bass. Almost too much, but still sounds cool (I think I'll have to try for a while with these tips again).
Sony xba3's = Could feel the sub-bass a little bit.
Sony mh1c's + mh1c medium tips = Could feel the sub-bass a little bit (not much).
Sony mh1c's + mh1c large tips = Quite a lot of sub-bass, but looser/boomier than mt300's (with either tips).
Brainwavz r1's + large r1 tips = Not too much sub-bass.
Brainwavz r1's + large mh1c tips = Fair amount of sub-bass. Enjoyable.

I used Mee bi-flanges and the sub-bass was sometimes unbearable.  Less seal is definitely the way to go with these, but so is a Bass Lower EQ (Blackberry).  I guess their bass response is so flat that is actually does well with what I think is probably some sort of high-pass filter (reduce everything below ~200Hz?).  Going back and forth vs. FX40 right now...this is a tough one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back