Surprise! HF-1 (Head-Fi 1)!!!
Dec 1, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #1,036 of 1,119
It took a while to get to Ohio, but #412 is now here. Thanks Todd and John!

Dec 1, 2005 at 6:24 PM Post #1,038 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy006
blink.gif
You sir, know how to gift.
rs1smile.gif

Lol they're for me. Although I might grab my dad a pair of px100s for his present. Either that or I'll give him my sr60s when I get a pair of IEMs.

I can't afford this hobby! Being a photography student and a head-fier at the same time is killing me! (especially because i shoot large format. that film aint cheap!)

Dec 2, 2005 at 7:02 PM Post #1,039 of 1,119
wooohooo ... #405 arrived in Germany =)

Thanks John ! Thanks Todd !

Dec 7, 2005 at 2:54 PM Post #1,040 of 1,119
#325 just arrived in the Dutch Mountains;
thank you John, Jude and Todd for setting up this project and making it available to the EU members!

Excellent build quality, no QC related marks or whatever, it's in Pristine Condition.
First initial listen: it is scary to hear how related these sound to the PS-1.

Dec 9, 2005 at 2:44 PM Post #1,042 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by fjf
That's VERY good!!
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes indeed
icon10.gif

Life is good

Dec 14, 2005 at 2:15 AM Post #1,043 of 1,119
Is there a limited number of these? I really want to get a pair after Christmas.. woodied SR-225s sound awesome. This is a great way to identify Head-Fi members off the streets too, if you ever bump into one.

Dec 15, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #1,044 of 1,119
Yes, they are numbered.

And to make it worse for you; all are sold and only chance to get a pair is second hand, if I'm not mistaken.

sorry dude

Dec 24, 2005 at 12:06 AM Post #1,046 of 1,119
Sonuva... I really missed the boat on this!! What an awesome deal for sweet phones and the site!

Feb 6, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #1,049 of 1,119
Hi All,

The chances of a HF-2 have been greatly diminished. The HF-1 was a special headphone made for Head-Fi members and to be kept in this community. Both Grado Labs and TTVJ made LESS money per headphone - it was done for the Head-Fi community both to help support it ($25 from each headphone was given directly to Head-Fi) and to give the membership a nice deal on a very nice headphone, unique and personal. Some members decided to take the headphones outside of this community and have damaged the chances of anything like this happening again.

You see, Grado labs has many dealers who sell to the general public and they were not given these headphones. They were sold exclusively through TTVJ and exclusively to Head-Fi members. By selling them on E-Bay, the general public was made aware of them and thus the dealers also became aware of them. This has caused a problem as many of these dealers were around long before Head-Fi was in existance. I personally feel a trust was betrayed - maybe not intentionally but still it happened.

These phones should have/could have been sold here and stayed in this community. That was the spirit of the sale. Yes, the owners can do what they want to do with it BUT we could have sold it for more or Grado Labs could have made it a product available to everyone and then you would not have an exclusive headphone to call your own. The fact that folks are making money is not the major issue though - sell them here for what you can get from them.

I am disappointed, not angry. I would like to be able to do this again BUT now the likelyhood of that happening is small.

Todd

Feb 6, 2006 at 8:20 AM Post #1,050 of 1,119
Totally appreciate what you're saying Todd, and if it was up to me the people that sold them would never have got the headphones - but nobody knew who those people would be. I'm sure every other member of head-fi would feel the same way.

Surely Grado & yourself must have been realistic and expected this to happen in some shape and form? A limited edition headphone made for anybody that registers on this forum - it was going to happen from the very announcement surely. So - baring that in mind - will it be necessary for Grado to never think of doing this again. I can't imagine Grado thinking nobody will sell them outside the forum.

I don't mean to sound rude at all, but I feel like the genuine owners of the HF-1's are being made into the kids who got blamed by narrow minded teachers in school for the farting noises and laughing the other kids were making.

I just feel the reasons for not doing it again are minimal in comparison to the joy it brung to so many people here at head-fi. It's a shame that we are all tarred with the same brush as the people that have sold it on eBay etc. Surely it is not fair to judge & punish everybody because of some peoples unappreciation for what a huge effort yourself & Grado made for the genuine community here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back