Surprise! HF-1 (Head-Fi 1)!!!
Oct 24, 2005 at 11:26 AM Post #706 of 1,119
I forgot to include my username in the comments where I asked for the HF1s. If you're reading this, Todd, it's right here. I sent you an email about this, hopefully you'll see one or the other and it'll be OK....

Oct 24, 2005 at 2:29 PM Post #707 of 1,119
Just ordered mine today from Canada, hope it will get thru.
orphsmile.gif

Oct 24, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #709 of 1,119
Just ordered mine online but it kept wanting to give me a 10% (19.50) discount for a winter sale on the SR-225. I expect to pay the full price for the HF-1 and hope that discount error in the shopping cart is not a problem.

Now to be patient.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 24, 2005 at 4:54 PM Post #710 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff E
Just ordered mine but it kept wanting to give me a 10% (19.50) discount for a winter sale on the SR-225. I expect to pay the full price for the HF-1 and hope that discount error in the shopping cart is not a problem.

Yeah, i wondered about that too.

Oct 24, 2005 at 4:56 PM Post #711 of 1,119
I called to confirm my order at 12:52 this afternoon (US Eastern time). I actually got through and spoke with Todd himself. He sympathized with my payment situation and reserved an HF-1 for me and said he’d wait for my credit card to come in the mail. While he was at it he already took down my daytime phone number and shipping address. I’m now officially in line as HF-1 #348! Hope this helps let people approximate where they stand! Thank you so much Todd for your excellent and generous service!!!

Oct 24, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #712 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riku540
I’m now officially in line as HF-1 #348!

I take it that Todd reassigned you this number just after you called him, am I right? Or was it based on the time of your earlier order? I'm just curious
wink.gif

Oct 24, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #715 of 1,119
Quote:

...I’m now officially in line as HF-1 #348! Thank you so much Todd for your excellent and generous service!!!

Congratulations. I figured Todd would work something out for you. Enjoy the HF-1.

The pair of HF-1 I traded for will be here today and I'm looking forward to hearing them.

Oct 24, 2005 at 6:07 PM Post #716 of 1,119
Todd,

Update 1

Postman has a parcel for me to collect with small duty fee so hopefully they have turned up.
eek.gif

Update 2
The wife got on her bike and collected the package for me (£9 in charges for customs & handling) and it is the HF1's hooray
biggrin.gif

Steve

Oct 24, 2005 at 6:22 PM Post #717 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by rimsy
I take it that Todd reassigned you this number just after you called him, am I right? Or was it based on the time of your earlier order? I'm just curious
wink.gif

I honestly couldn't tell you. When I called him he said he was in the process of assigning numbers to all the orders that have come in so far. When he gave me mine, I wasn't sure if he was looking it up, or if he was checking to see the next number to put down. All I know is that I'm #348, and I called in at approximately 12:01 am US Eastern time, and called again to confirm at 12:52 pm. My best guess is as good as yours, but at least it seems that there's quite a few left to go before the sales close out. Good luck to everyone else!
rs1smile.gif

Oct 24, 2005 at 7:18 PM Post #718 of 1,119
Quote:

All I know is that I'm #348, and I called in at approximately 12:01 am US Eastern time, and called again to confirm at 12:52 pm.

Do you suppose Todd keeps the clock on his answering machine and computer perfectly synchronized to sort the hf-1 orders by time? The last headphone to be sold should be interesting....
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #720 of 1,119
Quote:

I honestly couldn't tell you. When I called him he said he was in the process of assigning numbers to all the orders that have come in so far. When he gave me mine, I wasn't sure if he was looking it up, or if he was checking to see the next number to put down. All I know is that I'm #348, and I called in at approximately 12:01 am US Eastern time, and called again to confirm at 12:52 pm. My best guess is as good as yours, but at least it seems that there's quite a few left to go before the sales close out. Good luck to everyone else!
rs1smile.gif

Ah, I thought that you've placed your order online early in the morning. Not that it matters much as long as you'll get one pair.

I only hope that buyers from Europe do not have to call in to confirm shipping fees etc. I appended my full shipping address in the comments area - that should do it, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back