Surprise! HF-1 (Head-Fi 1)!!!
Oct 24, 2005 at 5:51 AM Post #691 of 1,119
After months of lurking, I finally get around to my first post. I took the plunge and ordered a pair of HF-1s tonight after listening to my roommate's SR-80s and seeing the positive feedback from the first batch. I got hooked on Head-Fi while I was shopping around for IEMs, and now look what it's gotten me into.
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #692 of 1,119
Ordered mine via the website just now, it is 1:00 am on Monday, Central Standard time. hope all works well.
Looking forward, this is my first "real" headphone purchase.

Jamie

Oct 24, 2005 at 6:17 AM Post #693 of 1,119
awww, i've never seen so many new members post all at once.. it's so cute!

welcome to head-fi, looks liks it's a little late to apologize about your wallets
rs1smile.gif

Oct 24, 2005 at 6:25 AM Post #694 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by old man
yeah... that's alot to go through for a pic. why not put one at the front o this thread instead?

huh.. they're rather bleh lookin... why all the excitment?

Well who am I to say... but I think Grados generally appeal to specific crowds. The retro grade look of Grados understandably wouldn't appeal to everybody.

Having said that though, people here don't buy headphones just because they look good. That defeats the whole purpose of spending good money on them. I doubt that everybody is willing to fork out big bucks for subpar quality, but aesthetically pleasing material possessions.

*cough*

I'm on the waiting list as well... good luck to all you guys (gals) who're waiting too.
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2005 at 6:32 AM Post #695 of 1,119
OK. I'm in (I hope!). Despite being on the East Coast (of the US), I waited until it was after midnight in Montana (sounds like a movie title doesn't it?), just to be sure. Just placed my order now & will eagerly await news of the next batch(es). Woo hoo!

Oct 24, 2005 at 6:48 AM Post #697 of 1,119
OK, I'm in too. Same as those other folks, I've been lurking around this site for a while, but haven't joined until recently. I actually joined to get in on the first Meier amp deal (thinking that the HF-1's were already gone), but I missed my chance by just under a day. Hopefully, I got in on this deal in time... I also waited until after midnight mountain time.

Always wanted to hear Grados, though I'm very happy with my HD580's, I wanted a good rock headphone. Now I just need to upgrade my source... and my interconnects... and maybe my amp, too (happy with my HeadRoom Little, but maybe I'm missing out on something much better?).

Looks like I'll have to drop out of college... Oh, well, sometimes you just have to focus on what's really important, right?

Oct 24, 2005 at 7:05 AM Post #698 of 1,119
Just ordered mine. I got quite confused about this time thing. As I live in Germany Monday theoretically already began much earlier. But I wanted to play it safe and waited till morning. Now I just pray that I'm not too late
eek.gif

Oct 24, 2005 at 7:09 AM Post #699 of 1,119
Just left my dorky message and an e-mail just to make sure. Did anybody else get that sinking feeling that they did something wrong to get left out on this batch? The HF-1's got me paranoid!!! Good luck all!
tongue.gif

Oct 24, 2005 at 7:15 AM Post #700 of 1,119
Yeah, I sort of had that feeling. I had to triple check that I left my head-fi username in the comments field and also that I wrote that I wanted the HF-1s instead of the SR-225s.

I think everything is under control. I feel fairly confident that I made it in before they will get sold out. Although I tell you, waiting until midnight in my time zone had me second guessing myself a lot, especially in that last hour, when it was past midnight in Montana but still before midnight in Vancouver.

Oct 24, 2005 at 7:20 AM Post #701 of 1,119
heh, i actually got up (slightly early granted) to order mine, since i live in the UK, before going to work. knowing my luck i'll be the 151st order since the reopen
rolleyes.gif

Oct 24, 2005 at 8:37 AM Post #704 of 1,119
Order processed at 2:25:58 on Monday, 24 October, 20

Sweeeeeeetttttt. Can't wait.

Oct 24, 2005 at 9:28 AM Post #705 of 1,119
My order's placed. Will see how it goes eh?
wink.gif

Since I live in the UK, I'll need to reconfirm the postage.

Edit: Come to think of it, I didn't order the flats with it. Should I have ordered them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back