Surprise! HF-1 (Head-Fi 1)!!!
Sep 19, 2005 at 4:13 AM Post #361 of 1,119
cool
biggrin.gif
i'm really glad i didn't miss out... but another question, will todd sell em to me in canada?

Sep 19, 2005 at 3:48 PM Post #363 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
Well, my SR 225s w/flats are better than my $1800 Omegas as far as hardrock is concerned.According to the rule of three this makes the SR 225s more than three times as good as the HF-1s.
Next month everyone and his brother will post here that the HF-1s are more refined than the SR 225s, but the latter is still the king of rock.
Who cares about "refined" when it comes to headbanging?!?
We will all laugh about a dwarf from Düsseldorf that passed an opportunity to get affordable SR 225s and got the HF-1s instead, "nice" for acoustical jazz but unfortunately don't rock out.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Seriously, I hope the HF-1s are not "refined" in this sense.I already own cans which play in a totally other refinement league than any Grado.What I want are headphones that better the SR225s in the rock department.

Hehe. The opportunity was really tempting.
icon10.gif
However, even if the HF-1s don't work out to my ears as they should - which I doubt when reading the first comments on the cans (
basshead.gif
) - they'll be a nice collectors' item. And the 225s will be waiting for me, even if it takes a trip to the states to get them.
rs1smile.gif

Sep 20, 2005 at 3:14 AM Post #367 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzerbro
What size connector is on the HF-1? 1/8" or 1/4"?

Quarter.

Sep 20, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #368 of 1,119
I really don't need these, but for some uncontrollable reason, I want them!

Stupid head-fi! There goes my wallet!

I was looking for reviews of e2c's, ended up with ER-4P's, and now this! I'm going to see how good my paycheck is this week, as I really need a headphone amp too.

At least I can find solace in the fact that I have a week and a half to order.

Sep 20, 2005 at 1:38 PM Post #369 of 1,119
Guys I ordered my set of HF-1s last friday and still didnt get a confirmation that the order has been placed. How can I get a confirmation and # for my phones? I ordered a few headphones from him before, and they werent this slow.

Sep 20, 2005 at 1:58 PM Post #370 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRSpeed85
Guys I ordered my set of HF-1s last friday and still didnt get a confirmation that the order has been placed. How can I get a confirmation and # for my phones? I ordered a few headphones from him before, and they werent this slow.

You mean that you didn't get the standard confirmation email that states that you placed an order or that Todd didn't e-mail you yet with the details about what number you got?

Because as far as I know a lot of us didn't get an email from Todd with the # and such things. He's been very busy with this. And he has been out of town this weekend. Stated somewhere that he will be back today or this afternoon, not sure.

If you didn't get a confirmation email I don't know what's going on. Might want to give him a call and make sure the order has gotten through allright...

Sep 20, 2005 at 2:21 PM Post #372 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRSpeed85

I believe there is an automated system that e-mails you if you order online. If you didn't receive an e-mail, I recommend giving him a call about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sma_ll
Emailed you Todd. Based in the UK hope that is OK?

He's posted here mentioning that his e-mail is hopelessly backed-up because of all this HF-1 fuss, so you may want to try a phonecall (number is somewhere in this thread
smily_headphones1.gif
).

Sep 20, 2005 at 3:02 PM Post #373 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy006
I believe there is an automated system that e-mails you if you order online. If you didn't receive an e-mail, I recommend giving him a call about it.

He's posted here mentioning that his e-mail is hopelessly backed-up because of all this HF-1 fuss, so you may want to try a phonecall (number is somewhere in this thread
smily_headphones1.gif
).

Actually, if you just wanted to order the HF-1 I'd order online instead. Just order a pair of SR225 and leave a message in the comment field that you order an HF-1 instead and your head-fi username + your right address etc. That saves you an international phonecall.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 20, 2005 at 5:07 PM Post #374 of 1,119
Hi All,

Due to the unbelievable number of orders I have to suspend - not end but suspend sales for the time being. All of those who have ordered or left phone messages are on the list and I will call you or you can call me to firm up the order. No new orders will be taken until further notice.

Do NOT PANIC!!! They will be made available as soon as Grado Labs and TTVJ can catch up. This is not the end but say, halftime, with the 2nd half coming soon.

It is taking Grado Labs longer to build each headphone than anticipated and I can use this time to better service those who have already ordered as well as those who will be ordering in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Todd

Sep 20, 2005 at 5:14 PM Post #375 of 1,119
So I take it the cut-off date is no longer the 30th in that case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back