Supreme Sound (Burson) Audio Lycan Headamp
Aug 30, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #167 of 174
I was wondering why the Lycan was not on the Burson website any longer and thought it may have been discontinued. I emailed Burson and was told that the Lycan is being revised, but no details yet.

Nov 6, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #171 of 174
Has anyone had any problems using some opamps with the Lycan? I'm getting a hissing or static with some opamps, but others are OK.

I had the same issue with some LME49860NA opamps I purchased.  I would still hear the music but it was buried under a blanket of loud hissing and static.

Tried several LME49860NAs with the same results and they worked fine in my O2 amp so I know the opamps are not faulty.  Those are the only opamps that have given me any issues in the Lycan of the few I've tried.

Nov 6, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #173 of 174
Thanks for the replies. I think I may be picking up some static electricity from my rug when I install the opamps. Not really sure but it may be possible. I have the Burson V4 opamp and never have any problems with it. Opamps that are dead quiet are the OPA2134, OPA2604 and of course the Burson opamp. I really believe that some opamps may not be 100% compatible with the Lycan and may oscillate. I was having problems with the OPA827 and OPA1611 with hissing and static.

Aug 6, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #174 of 174
Is anyone out there still using this amp? I hadn’t used it in a very long time. I pulled it out again, hooked it up and was quite surprised how impressive this little amp is. Has a ton of power to drive any headphone. Seems to work best with discrete opamps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back