SuperMacro-3 a review
Apr 5, 2005 at 4:02 PM Post #46 of 247
It's pain to wait for SM ordered on 3/15
biggrin.gif
I guess Xin has been fascinated with other beauty, i.e., a supermicro (with one AAA battery) or a Mini3 that runs for >500 hours with 8 AAAs.

Apr 5, 2005 at 4:18 PM Post #47 of 247
No! the dac. :^)

I understand he is working on the lower cost, different topology, V3, as you state, and getting orders out at the same time. I wonder if the 4 layer board is holding things up. The two day delivery of the standard board must have been nice vs one week.

John

Apr 6, 2005 at 5:26 PM Post #48 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by goto2003
Thanks, John. I will definitely get one of these high quality Optical cable as long as I put an hand on a decent portable DAC (probably Xin's
icon10.gif
).

For the Portable player, I am thinking of whether to get a Hard Driver player with Optical output (i.e. Iriver iHP-120, a rare one in the market place with optical output) or a Sony D-EJ1000/2000. Besides, is there any other Sony portable CD players with good optical output as EJ1000/2000?

And what about SPDIF out? Is it possible to use it with a DAC like those you are talking about??? Or am I totally wrong?
etysmile.gif

Apr 6, 2005 at 5:37 PM Post #49 of 247
Has anyone been emailing with Xin lately? I sent him an email several days ago and have gotten no answer... He seems to go through some email dry spells sometimes.

Apr 6, 2005 at 5:46 PM Post #50 of 247
I haven't heard anything since last Friday. I think he is swamped. I asked him a question about the 3.

John

Apr 6, 2005 at 5:46 PM Post #51 of 247
He's been slammed with trying to get as many SuperMacro-3 orders out as fast as he can, while battling with a technical issue with his ecommerce service provider. You can check his Support forum at Fixup.net for more details.

Communication with him during this product release/high order crunch period is, as expected, spotty, but orders seem to be fulfilled as fast as he can go. If you have a question, maybe someone who frequents his board can answer it. It seems that's what people have been doing over there.

Best of luck to ya!
600smile.gif

Apr 6, 2005 at 7:12 PM Post #52 of 247
Thanks. I just wanted to confirm with Xin the advice I received on this thread. I'll wait and see if he's ok with that.

Apr 7, 2005 at 11:41 PM Post #53 of 247
Xin has emerged from his toils and labours!!!

I received an email from him this early pm (pst) telling me he was sending back my newly-up-graded SM V.3, replete with 627s. This was closely followed by a delivery confirmation alert. So it's on its way!!

This would indicate two things to me. Your orders are now being processed, and you should be receiving emails and confirmations of your SMs on their way.

It's hard to be patient about this, but some of you decided to get SR71s and some of us had SuperDuals to tide us over. Others just suffered...sorry!!

Now hopefully reviews and comparisons will abound!

But wait, do I hear Xin has made yet newer discoveries??? Uh oh!

Apr 7, 2005 at 11:52 PM Post #54 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby
But wait, do I hear Xin has made yet newer discoveries??? Uh oh!

You're kidding, right???
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Apr 8, 2005 at 12:01 AM Post #55 of 247
Yes, just kidding! It's a bit late after April 1st, right? But you never know with Xin!!!! I wonder if he ever sleeps!

mmmmmm....nn audiophile mp3 player with built in DAC, line out, 20 hours of playback, multi-software compatability, easy to programmme......such sweet dreams!!

Come-on Xin, you can do it!

Apr 8, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #56 of 247
Yup. It's very hard to chill, but you really need to. Xin's track record is impeccable, even as is his tendency to vanish from time to time. You will get what you expect, that's just my experience. And think how much it'll be worth the wait...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 8, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #57 of 247
Quote:

Xin has emerged from his toils and labours!!!

I received an email from him this early pm (pst) telling me he was sending back my newly-up-graded SM V.3, replete with 627s. This was closely followed by a delivery confirmation alert. So it's on its way!!

When did you place your order? I ordered on 3/17 and i still haven't heard anything yet. I'm not worried about whether or not Xin will deliver but this is like being a little kid and Christmas isn't a fixed day - just whenever Santa Clause gets your toys ready he shows up.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 8, 2005 at 5:47 AM Post #58 of 247
Well I got my confirmation email today (Thurs) and I ordered on March 16th so yours should be coming soon too. Just be patient for good things always come to those that wait...no matter what anyone else says.
wink.gif

Apr 8, 2005 at 6:56 AM Post #59 of 247
Quote:

It's hard to be patient about this, but some of you decided to get SR71s and some of us had SuperDuals to tide us over. Others just suffered...sorry!!

What are SuperDuals?
very_evil_smiley.gif
You mean SuperMacro v1.0's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cool.gif

Anyways, still putting off upgrading (as long as the 2X buffers are free!)

Is it possible to upgrade to 3X buffer and still have 2500 caps? I don't
think I remember seeing the option on Xin's webpage. Jamato8, or Goto2003, don't one of you have 3X buffers instead of 2X? How does the 3X buffer sound different over the 2X buffers?

Thanks!

Apr 8, 2005 at 1:34 PM Post #60 of 247
I have the 2 buffers. Xin mentioned he heard very little difference and it does take up more room so I believe you loose some capacitance. The 3 is sounding so good. I have been listening to more clasical and it really get the depth and placement of instruments and the acoustical hall feel. But the V3 takes longer to breakin than the V1 or 2.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back