Superlux HD681 or Sennheiser HD202-II
Jun 3, 2013 at 5:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

paintedaudio

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm new here and I currently stuck between these 2 headphones:
- Superlux HD 681
- Sennheiser HD 202-II

Which one is better? Which one should I go with?
Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #2 of 10
I haven't experienced the 202-II yet so I can't comment on that, but I do have the HD681 and the highs can get pretty harsh. You may want to check out the HD681 EVO which is supposed to be the improved version of the original HD681 if it is available where you're from.
smile.gif

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #3 of 10
I would refer to Tyll's review:

[size=small]http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/[/size][size=small]superlux[/size][size=small]-hd-668b-and-[/size][size=small]hd-681[/size][size=small]-headphones[/size]

[size=small]and from my own experience:[/size]

[size=x-small]Depending on how you drive these you might not even experience the harsh highs Tyll is referring to. I find them very clear with great bass and for the price extraordinary value.[/size]

[size=x-small]Hope that helps,[/size]
[size=x-small]K[/size]

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #4 of 10
HD202 has good mid and very nice, I will go for 202 myself, it is really nice except the super heavy and long cable.

Jun 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #6 of 10
I used to have the HD202. Not a bad headphone for running out of a portable device with no amplification. It lasted me a long time (still works) and haven't had any issues with them wearing out. The price is cheap, and I found the pads to be comfy.

Jun 3, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
I used to have the HD202. Not a bad headphone for running out of a portable device with no amplification. It lasted me a long time (still works) and haven't had any issues with them wearing out. The price is cheap, and I found the pads to be comfy.

How about the bass from HD202? I'm kinda bass-head person but not too hardcore. And my head kinda big, and I read the HD202 reviews, all of them said the earcups tend to pressure our head.

Jun 7, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #8 of 10
I own both of these headphones and I can say that the HD681's sound much better the the HD202's.   The HD202's have better isolation, but the HD681's (I paid $31 for them!) have a really pleasing open stage sound to them...like you're listening to a very good pair of speakers in your living room.  You really forget you have them on.

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #9 of 10
Get the new version. It's just a little more expensive but they reduced the highs where it doesn't create sibilance or fatigue. They still extend really low and deep.
They're the hd681 evos. 
40-50 bucks usually. 

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:
Get the new version. It's just a little more expensive but they reduced the highs where it doesn't create sibilance or fatigue. They still extend really low and deep.
They're the hd681 evos. 
40-50 bucks usually. 

I have the 681 and the EVO version. IMHO the originals sound more open, and the highs are fine with the right equipment, or a little eq. They have strangled the life out of the design with the EVO's. Sorry....I'll get me coat.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back