Superlux HD668B (!!!!!) ... Lordy...
Mar 21, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #19 of 23
Jesus Christ! just received a pair of these today and they are absolute monsters for the price. ridiculous. A slight shelf eq to tame the highs and they are golden. WOW 

Sending my HD 600s back lol tempted to buy some AKG 712 Pros to see how they compare.

If they are similar tonally but with more detail and slightly less treble then i may have found my perfect headphone

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #20 of 23
  Jesus Christ! just received a pair of these today and they are absolute monsters for the price. ridiculous. A slight shelf eq to tame the highs and they are golden. WOW 

Sending my HD 600s back lol tempted to buy some AKG 712 Pros to see how they compare.

If they are similar tonally but with more detail and slightly less treble then i may have found my perfect headphone

Agreed on the high freqs ... just a touch down via EQ is perfect.  Astonishing sound quality for the money ... 

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #21 of 23

Agreed on the high freqs ... just a touch down via EQ is perfect.  Astonishing sound quality for the money ... 

YES im actually gob smacked! in love with them! Do you know of any other headphones that are tonally similar to these but with perhaps more detail, Slightly bigger soundstage/less congested and lower treble? I also really love the impact of the bass in these! perfection.

Im thinking AKG 712 pro but im not sure

Aug 6, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #23 of 23
This has been my experience too. It is humbling to note that my SR850 has outclassed four of my previously-favorite open headphones (the HD650, the 325i, the K701, the PS1000). I don't understand it, but I believe it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back