Superlux HD381 Series - Mini Review & Comparisons
Jun 10, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #77 of 127
They seem to exist and are for sale...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superlux-Professional-In-Ear-Headphones-HD386-Stylish-iPhone-HTC-MP3-/370621517261?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item564ac38dcd

The ones that I actually want to try, the HD551B, don't seem to be attainable
smile.gif

Jun 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #78 of 127
Quote:
They seem to exist and are for sale...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superlux-Professional-In-Ear-Headphones-HD386-Stylish-iPhone-HTC-MP3-/370621517261?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item564ac38dcd

The ones that I actually want to try, the HD551B, don't seem to be attainable
smile.gif

Yeah, the 551 series is nowhere to be found... Hmm, I'll definitely try to look out for them then, though I don't anticipate them sounding any better (though these 386 look better) than the 381 series. I thought the 381F was better sounding than the Brainwavz Beta, actually.

Jun 11, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #79 of 127
New Superlux IEMs? Even with my GR07s and incoming Aud-5x'es, I still use my HD381Fs (and will continue to) all the time. Great sounding IEM, and the semi-open design is awesome for jogging/biking.

Sep 25, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #80 of 127
Bought a 3 days ago, these headphones, and of all portable headphones are the best I have ever had. AKG K324, win in comfort and appearance, but they lose the sound in all respects, and even my Philips 915, the former is still the benchmark in sound quality, lost apparently. Hats off to the Taiwanese. Be sure to buy their full-size headphones, but will not understand what to take. I had the AKG K 340, I would like that to be surpassed in sound quality.

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #82 of 127
Somehow for acoustic guitar, I prefer HD381B > HD381F

The B have a lot of soundstage depth in it and when comparing each other could really show what they mean by the 'hall effect' (especially at low-mid volume). To my ears, it conveys live tracks much better too

If F sounds airy, then the B would be even more so. Its probably the most 'technical' of its siblings and also the most comfortable to listen due to the perceived distance the signature it gives.

I think the B variant offers some really good points, albeit different from F but also special in its own ways and IMO deserves a little more attention

As for the HD381 its def the most bassy and most forward vocals. In fact, the mids are very forward. Vocals sounds really good and intimate on quieter and simpler tracks, but starts getting too congested when other instruments comes in. I couldn't stand the bass and congested sound and gave up on it.

Dec 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #83 of 127
Left driver out. Not working. Sadly. 75 days work, all that. Not buy this.

Dec 22, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #84 of 127
Of the 3 persons I gave these to, 2 of them reported one side of the driver is not working after 2 months (similar as you). On closer inspection of the IEM, the cable strain relief connecting to the driver slightly gave way (slight broke). I believe this is a common problem.

The 3rd person who's pair is still working has treated them very well since June '12. Whereas the 2 that had broke had thrown them around and more rough on the cables and it broke less than 2 months.

The 4th person which I did not mention, is me
etysmile.gif
and its still working fine after 7 months of use (since May '12). Cross my fingers and hope I didn't jinxed it. I take them out most of the time too. Kept them in a box or lay them flat when not in use. I always hold them by the drivers and avoid straining the cables. However, I can imagine if someone's earlobes are thicker, it would still bend the cable on wearing it and probably naturally wearing it out over time. I do agree these things aren't durable and those who are considering them should take not on the durability. I noticed it from the moment I got my hands on em. I generally baby all my IEMs anyway, so I think I've been lucky so far.

Btw, on a side note, listening the HD381B through iBasso D4 Mamba DAC I noticed that the bass can hit pretty darn low and its also tight and controlled as well. I'm really liking the bass here. For me, my preferred sound signature in the series. If this pair broke, which I think it will eventually (just a matter of when), I would buy another replacement, no questions about it.

Quote:
Left driver out. Not working. Sadly. 75 days work, all that. Not buy this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back