Superlux 668B upgrade to Beyerdynamic DT770 worth it?
Feb 20, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #16 of 18
I actually ended up just ordering the DT990 pro 250 ohm after seeing many people stating they are just better overall. To me also I don't have to have isolation and I appreciate the bigger soundstage of open headphones. 

The only thing that worries me about the DT990 are the mids. Hopefully they are not as bad as people say.

Feb 21, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:
What you really need to do is stop reading and start trying. Everyone has different opinions about everything.

Ahem. I agree with you regarding that everyone has different opinions on things (as in, taste). But:
  1. There is usually a consensus regarding an audio equipment's general characteristic. While subjective listening assessments are known to be inaccurate and vary between people, if enough people has listened to something, a common set of observations typically surface.
  2. There are always measurements, and graphs don't lie. Professional reviews usually analyze their lab measurements in conjunction with subjective tests, which is what I like about them.
  3. If I see a general consensus regarding the characteristics of a headphone, in both user and professional reviews, and the descriptions are exactly what I am not looking for... well, then I am not interested. This is not to say I think the item in question is in any way "bad" or not well-made. But like you said, everyone has different opinions AND taste, and since I know my own taste, I know what I won't like.

Anyway, would appreciate it if you focus more on what the OP wants, rather than what I don't want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back