Superbowl XLV - Who's getting ready?
Feb 5, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #18 of 52
I found a good party to go to, the food is purchased, the game-day clothes are washed, the lucky charms are all in place. These 24 hours cannot pass soon enough.

Feb 5, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #19 of 52
I'm excited about the game, too. I like both teams, but am an Aaron Rodgers fan. He was great in the Pac-10 (despite bleeding cardinal and gold. Fight On!) and I'd love to see him win a Superbowl. Though the Steelers are a great team, too. Either way, it will be a wonderful game.

Also, I'm looking forward to watching this on my new TV. I haven't had once since '99. But I have a new 42" HDTV and can't wait to watch the game on it!

Feb 6, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #20 of 52

Quote:
Quote:
I'm extremely pumped.  Both teams will be well rested on a good field where weather won't play a factor.  Both teams had similar games yesterday where they almost gave up big leads late.  I think it will come done to Defense and how well both qbs manage the constant blitzes.  I think Pitt will probably be favored to win, but both teams are extremely similar, it could come down to a last second field goal.

Packers.  

Bon Iver

beerchug.gif

Good choice. I second that

Feb 6, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #21 of 52
Hmm, the Steelers have never lost at this level, but their center is out and the Packers are slightly favored. I'll be rooting for the Packers, but I don't think that I would bet on them. I hate to say it but I think it will probably come down to the now typical last-second heroics by Rothlesburger.

Feb 6, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #25 of 52
I'm "loaning" a tv from Best Buy for the weekend, bought a big steak made some salsa and queso and have my chips in hand. I'm very excited, love the super bowl, but am nervous it wont be a good game, last years game was quite dull (yes i know the saints converted an onside kick) so I want a game that actually keeps me engaged.

Anyone do prop bets? I love doing them for fun, gives you some extra stroylines to follow during the game. I made a few prop bets on the game, one for the length of the national anthem, another for how long christina aguilera will hold the word "brave" . Also bet on a team scoring in the last 2 min of the first half, Jerry Jones being showed at least three times and BJ Raji getting to play at least one offensive play and James Starks getting more than 3 yards on his first carry. Lastly I'm going with yellow gatorade and Brett Favre being mentioned over 2 and 1/2 times

Feb 6, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #26 of 52
Did anyone else see the Packers filing off the bus wearing Beats?

Ugh.

Anyhow, I wrestled the TV cart together this morning and mounted the new set. It works great and I'm a little taken back by just how good HDTV looks - the first time I've had one around. Hooked up the rabbit ears and am getting a good signal, too!

The cat is settled in and I just need to go get a little junk food for the game.

Feb 6, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #27 of 52
grokit:
H I hate to say it but I think it will probably come down to the now typical last-second heroics by Rothlesburger.

It doesn't bother me to say it, but yeah I agree. The guy is a playmaker, no matter what you think of him.

Hope it's a good game. That's all I want!

Feb 6, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #28 of 52

Quote:
Did anyone else see the Packers filing off the bus wearing Beats?

Ugh.

Anyhow, I wrestled the TV cart together this morning and mounted the new set. It works great and I'm a little taken back by just how good HDTV looks - the first time I've had one around. Hooked up the rabbit ears and am getting a good signal, too!

The cat is settled in and I just need to go get a little junk food for the game.

HD is a great step up, especially now that the early transition and early adoption phases have passed. Did you opt for 60 or 120hZ?

Feb 6, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #29 of 52
Holy autotune, Batman!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back